daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Fukk You David Stern!!!

Fukkkk yoouuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Fruitcake, you're on point with this thread.. Good job.

daimoshokage

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Fruitcake, you're on point with this thread.. Good job.
    Fukk you ese.. Go rob someone..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

daimoshokage

Dan Gilbert is the reason why the CP3 to Lakers didn't happen. Dan Gilbert is a POS!!

E-mail from Dan Gilbert to David Stern.. This Dan Gilbert is fukking annoying.. Fukking dipshit.. Hope he burns in hell..

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...s_trade_120811

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Gilbert

Maybe he is preparing to make a late run at CP3. Think his big trade chip is Davis.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

getting gasol that year though helped them win a championship which they wanted at that time. Screw the lakers

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

was his letter written in comic sans script? gl

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Dan Gilbert is a hero.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

You could safely eliminate the Kings, Warriors, Magic, Suns, Blazers, Raptors, Jazz, Pistons, Bobcats, Hawks, Nuggets, Rockets, Pacers, Bucks, Timber Wolves, Nets, Hornets, 76ers, and Wizards from the NBA entirely and just have a 10-11 team NBA if things stay on course with the way they are going.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    You could safely eliminate the Kings, Warriors, Magic, Suns, Blazers, Raptors, Jazz, Pistons, Bobcats, Hawks, Nuggets, Rockets, Pacers, Bucks, Timber Wolves, Nets, Hornets, 76ers, and Wizards from the NBA entirely and just have a 10-11 team NBA if things stay on course with the way they are going.
    Why most of those teams were dynasties at one point.

The NBA is already the most select sports league in the world. More than hockey, baseball, soccer, NFL, everything. So if you eliminate 8 teams for example, what do you think is gonna happen? Theres gonna be about 30 guys coming in from college per year, and maybe 15 of those will make a roster.

FindTheLock

yeah but the point of stacking a few teams and leaving other markets empty handed is going to bankrupt the product. People will lose interest quickly when super teams are playing the one armed, one legged, retards.

FindTheLock

it's going to be the globe trotters vs the special Olympics in a few years.

Goat Milk

yeah but the point of stacking a few teams and leaving other markets empty handed is going to bankrupt the product. People will lose interest quickly when super teams are playing the one armed, one legged, retards.
    yes. thats why they will only let it get so far. i don't remember hearing any complains when jordan was winning b2b2b twice or when kobe and shaq 3 peated. nba is all about dynasties, people just have to be prepared for it because thats what they are gonna get. A miami heat team winning 2 in a row most likely. It's inevitable.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Gilbert is a whiny bitch.

I can understand where he coming from though. Once the Hornets lose Chris Paul for absolutely nothing in return, they will finally have to be eliminated from the league all together b/c no one on earth will want to buy them, and then everyone can split up whatever is left of their roster. Now i get it.

FindTheLock

if the lakers get Dwight and Paul then Kobe will have a few more championships paid for. I don't see that team losing a 7 game series even to the heat.

Tree Rollins

Can't wait until the day it's Bucks vs. Jazz in finals. I won't watch miss a second.

Goat Milk

if the lakers get Dwight and Paul then Kobe will have a few more championships paid for. I don't see that team losing a 7 game series even to the heat.
    there's no way i can see stern allowing that to happen. it wouldn't be fair.

Tree Rollins

Look on the bright side. Now that the league won't let the Lakers do that, we get to watch the LeShitHead and the Heat win at least 3 or 4 championships. This is gonna be fun.

FindTheLock

I liked the NBA a lot better when the celtics, lakers, heat, Cavs, thunder and magic all had a super star. Now it's going to be 2 or 3 teams that are stacked while the little sisters are spotted 25 and still can't cover. As bettors we can make any game entertaining, but the casual fan won't tune into the cavs vs the super lakers or super heat.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

do you not realize dwight howard is going to the nets and paul is going to the knicks

Goat Milk

I liked the NBA a lot better when the celtics, lakers, heat, Cavs, thunder and magic all had a super star. Now it's going to be 2 or 3 teams that are stacked while the little sisters are spotted 25 and still can't cover. As bettors we can make any game entertaining, but the casual fan won't tune into the cavs vs the super lakers or super heat.
    why? i'm buying pistons season tickets this year because we blow and their dirt cheap and i'm looking forward to the two times miami comes here lol. i want to see those guys in action

FindTheLock

I am a bitter magic fan. I know dwight is leaving, but I doubt he would leave Otown for the nets as the guy above posted.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

thats what he said dude im not a nets fan at all he is suppose to ask for trade to nets tm in the deal you would get brook lopez and a couple first round picks not bad deal

FindTheLock

brook lopez is too soft. I'd rather have almost any other center in the NBA over Lopez. He is the poor mans Pau Gasol

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nets need to get good again, they have not been good since 02 -06 when they had keith van horn and jason kidd

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

don't touch my Pistons!!

They're only a few years from dominating the East for the better part of a decade. They'll be back.

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    why? i'm buying pistons season tickets this year because we blow and their dirt cheap and i'm looking forward to the two times miami comes here lol. i want to see those guys in action
    Nice!! Miami sucks though.

Do you know if they're having the Crew Party this year? Best night ever haha

daimoshokage

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    Dan Gilbert is a hero.

fukking retard!

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    Dan Gilbert is a hero.
    He stated the TRUTH!

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

To the OP, I'm sure they VOTED on it. Get it? Other 28 owners implied that they agree bc it makes too much sense. Or whatever.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

The Hornets get 3 borderline all star players they are probably a better team actually with this trade

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

This also locks in CP3 in New Orleans for the rest of this season. No way Stern can allow him to be traded to the Knicks after a trade veto to the Lakers. Lawyers would be involved and the NBA and Stern would be fukked.

I feel bad for CP3

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

you guys are over reacting...

It isn't 1964...

There are a ton of black people in this country playing basketball...

Let them overpay for these guys, another one right around the corner...

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

I know what you mean. I first got into the NBA around 06 or 07, and from what I remember EACH team had like 1 or 2 superstars. There was a face for every team and it was great.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Why most of those teams were dynasties at one point.
    Uhhhhhh.....MOST of the above teams were a DYNASTY?? Exactly who?? And when??

Yes, I know we'll all miss the powerhouse dynasties which were the Raptors, Bobcats, Timberwolves, and Hornets.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

12 Last