riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    they now have 4 point guards, i think they better find takers for steve blake
    Calm down its not done yet. More moves will happen. CP3 to lakers is not good for Lakers? Get off the crack brah! lol

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

this isn't good for the lakers they have no more PF's right now, even if they get dwight for bynum, they just lose 2/3 of their frontline rotation for CP3
    lol this guy is saying lakers are in trouble if Dwight comes to LA.

okay guy.

you could put me on the team with those 3 and we would win. dwight howard is the most dominant player in the nba.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

ok then who's the power forward? they don't have any big man left just bynum or dwight

UZI Suicide
    semper in excretum
    UZI Suicide's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7669

Adios Softy Pau!

Adios Lamar Kardashian!

Hellooooo CP3!

kobefanatic

i would like cp3 to go to la and dwight, if they don't have to give up at least 1 of those 3 guys

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Okafor will go to Lakers to make salaries match up. A joke of a deal, rich get richer. Scola, Odom, and Martin are a joke return for CP3. The Warriors' offer of Curry/Thompson/Udoh and the Celtics offer of Rondo/Green/Draft Picks were better than this.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

This seems like a bad trade for the Lakers. You lose Odom who is completely underrated and Gasol. Fukk Bynum, the guy can't stay healthy. This makes them worse, not better. I also bet that all of New Orleans is hoping Odom leaves his wife back in L.A.

Goat Milk

ok then who's the power forward? they don't have any big man left just bynum or dwight
    1. You can pick up any PF off free agents. It doesn't matter. Dwight Howard is not Chris Bosh. No one can guard the guy 1 on 1. And Kobe has one of the best jumpers in the league. That trio would be absolutely deadly.

I don't think it will happen. It just changes the dynamics of the league too much. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh is one thing. But pairing Dwight with a superstar is just different. There's no way to explain it other than a big man like Dwight is worth about 1.5 superstars.

kobefanatic

i hope they revise this trade, hornets sign david west and send it to the lakers

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    1. You can pick up any PF off free agents. It doesn't matter. Dwight Howard is not Chris Bosh. No one can guard the guy 1 on 1. And Kobe has one of the best jumpers in the league. That trio would be absolutely deadly.

I don't think it will happen. It just changes the dynamics of the league too much. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh is one thing. But pairing Dwight with a superstar is just different. There's no way to explain it other than a big man like Dwight is worth about 1.5 superstars.
    they don't have a good bench right now, no starting PF, any PF from the free agents is a bad idea, no one good is available to the lakers due to salary cap restrictions

Goat Milk

they don't have a good bench right now, no starting PF, any PF from the free agents is a bad idea, no one good is available to the lakers due to salary cap restrictions
    A bench? Did you not see how a team with 0 bench got to the nba finals last year? Pairing dwight with these 2 is a much better team than even miami's and you're worried about a bench? No.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

this isn't good for the lakers they have no more PF's right now, even if they get dwight for bynum, they just lose 2/3 of their frontline rotation for CP3
    For the salaries to match up, there has to be other players involved in this trade. The problem is, the only frontcourt player the Hornets have on their roster right now is Okafor. So it's either him, or they have other plans for their frontcourt.

If trade goes down as is, the Lakers are dropping a lot of salary and can then amnesty Walton. That would clear about 15 mil in space, although they'd still be over the cap. I'm not sure what they'll be able to do, but they literally need to sign about 4 post players. a center and about 3 power forwards.

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5051

I bet the Lakers will get some good PFs in free agency. If you're a veteran free agent power forward, wouldn't you want to go to the Lakers and have a great chance to win a ring?

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

this news is soooo 30 minutes ago im over it

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    Okafor will go to Lakers to make salaries match up. A joke of a deal, rich get richer. Scola, Odom, and Martin are a joke return for CP3. The Warriors' offer of Curry/Thompson/Udoh and the Celtics offer of Rondo/Green/Draft Picks were better than this.
    Warriors didn't offer Curry. And there is no way Rondo/Green are better then Pau/Odom...Not even close.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by BestPlay2day View Post
    I bet the Lakers will get some good PFs in free agency. If you're a veteran free agent power forward, wouldn't you want to go to the Lakers and have a great chance to win a ring?
    The Knicks are going to have to get rid of Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler. He would be a good, low-cost option. He's already played in LA, he plays with a ton of effort and heart, and he's a good shot blocker. Would be exactly what LA needs.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Hornets didn't get Pau/Odom, only Odom along with Scola and Martin (terrible +/- PF and one dimensional scoring SG)

kobefanatic

A bench? Did you not see how a team with 0 bench got to the nba finals last year? Pairing dwight with these 2 is a much better team than even miami's and you're worried about a bench? No.
    we need some frontline for this group and a bench so that we can win the championship

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    For the salaries to match up, there has to be other players involved in this trade. The problem is, the only frontcourt player the Hornets have on their roster right now is Okafor. So it's either him, or they have other plans for their frontcourt.

If trade goes down as is, the Lakers are dropping a lot of salary and can then amnesty Walton. That would clear about 15 mil in space, although they'd still be over the cap. I'm not sure what they'll be able to do, but they literally need to sign about 4 post players. a center and about 3 power forwards.
    honestly pau for cp3 salaries do match
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_orleans.htm
    gasoft 18.7
    paul 16.3

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    Hornets didn't get Pau/Odom, only Odom along with Scola and Martin (terrible +/- PF and one dimensional scoring SG)
    You don't know that. There are still multiple reports that NO and LA are trading with each other straight up. And then NO will then look to flip Pau Gasol for the best offer available, which will probably be Scola, Martin, Goran Dragic, and multiple draft picks.

Tree Rollins

honestly pau for cp3 salaries do match
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_orleans.htm
    gasoft 18.7
    paul 16.3

Yeah, i know. But that isn't the trade. The trade is Odom and Gasol for Paul. The salaries don't match.

kobefanatic

they shouldn't waste their amnesty on PUKE walton, not worth it

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Im surprised the Kardashians allowed this trade to go through.

kobefanatic

Yeah, i know. But that isn't the trade. The trade is Odom and Gasol for Paul. The salaries don't match.
    i was hoping to keep at least one of the 3 bigs of lakers, even if they get cp3 and d12, that way they would unstoppable, if hornets are to revise the trade and sign and trade david west, i am gonna be happy for it

kobefanatic

is paul still the best PG in the league right now? opinions

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

derron williams my fav. all around but when it comes to dishing the rock cp3 and rondo

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Im surprised the Kardashians allowed this trade to go through.
    Now comes the part where Lamar has to act like he's upset that he doesn't have to wake-up next to this every morning...
    Attached Images  

Tree Rollins

i was hoping to keep at least one of the 3 bigs of lakers, even if they get cp3 and d12, that way they would unstoppable, if hornets are to revise the trade and sign and trade david west, i am gonna be happy for it
    I'm guessing they might send Okafor. Only bad thing about that is he has a horrible contract. 3 years at like 12 or 13 mil a year.

kobefanatic

carl landry, jason smith, leon powe, kris humphries, josh mcroberts are the only free agents affordable to lal

Goat Milk

we need some frontline for this group and a bench so that we can win the championship
    If you get dwight howard that's all the frontcourt you need. I don't see that happening though. as of now, LA isn't winning a championship with this squad. but they still have some moves to make.

Look how greedy you are. You want dwight howard, a good pf, and a bench? are you trying to challenge the Eastern Conference All Stars or win a championship.

kobefanatic

I'm guessing they might send Okafor. Only bad thing about that is he has a horrible contract. 3 years at like 12 or 13 mil a year.
    oakfor is a serviceable player anyways but injury prone, i hope they get some big man in return, like sign and trade of david west, i know he's coming off an injury, but he was a good 2nd option to cp3 when healthy

Tree Rollins

If he is back 100% from his knee, then yes, no doubt. Look at what he's done over the years with some of those teams in NO. They damn near beat LA last year in the playoffs with Aaron Gray, Marco Belinelli, and Willie Green playing big roles. And David west out with an injury.

The only question about Paul is that knee. As well as he played last year, a lot of people were still saying like he looked to only be about 80% of his old self, and that was more then halfway through the season. There is a fear that he'll never regain his old form. Either way, he's a great player. If he comes back 100% from the knee, he's a 20 pt. 12 ast. 5 reb. 3 stl. PG who shoots very well from 3 and can totally take over and dominate a game in every aspect.

kobefanatic

If you get dwight howard that's all the frontcourt you need. I don't see that happening though. as of now, LA isn't winning a championship with this squad. but they still have some moves to make.

Look how greedy you are. You want dwight howard, a good pf, and a bench? are you trying to challenge the Eastern Conference All Stars or win a championship.
    i mean by a bench is someone who can come in and score, just like what dallas had last yr barea, terry etc, a good pf i know we won't have an all star caliber player but someone who has a potential to be a starter

kobefanatic

If he is back 100% from his knee, then yes, no doubt. Look at what he's done over the years with some of those teams in NO. They damn near beat LA last year in the playoffs with Aaron Gray, Marco Belinelli, and Willie Green playing big roles. And David west out with an injury.

The only question about Paul is that knee. As well as he played last year, a lot of people were still saying like he looked to only be about 80% of his old self, and that was more then halfway through the season. There is a fear that he'll never regain his old form. Either way, he's a great player. If he comes back 100% from the knee, he's a 20 pt. 12 ast. 5 reb. 3 stl. PG who shoots very well from 3 and can totally take over and dominate a game in every aspect.
    i sure hope so, he's a great player but his health is an issue

kobefanatic

honestly i don't think bynum for dwight straight up would happen

First 12345 Last