kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Clippers could walk away with Chris Paul trade

the latest report is, the clippers had offered 3 players: Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe and Al-Farouq Aminu for Chris Paul but the deal will go ahead if the clippers willing to send Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon instead. The Hornets consider this deal a far more attractive than the possible trade with LA's

wow. you gotta love it, if LA got screw for this.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Not gonna happen. LA belongs to the Lakers. No matter who is on the Clippers. CP3 doesnt want to deal with that.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Lakers desperately need a decent PG and CP3 in tha package... Wooooooooohoooo I wouldn't miss a single game!!

kobstopa

Quote Originally Posted by bureK View Post
    Lakers desperately need a decent PG and CP3 in tha package... Wooooooooohoooo I wouldn't miss a single game!!
    Exactly man. It's a big one for the clippers, but will CP signs that ext contracts ? Blake Griffin had actually spoken to Paul in his interview recently, but he wouldnt reveal the true nature of the meeting apart from told CP to do what's best for his family. A good reverse psy.

refrain87
    refrain87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Why would CP go to the clippers? If he does, clippers will lose him the next year. CP said hes only interested in the lakers and knicks. Any other team is just going to lose him the next year.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

CP is great but it seems everyone is forgetting he has a bad knee. I'm a Celtics fan and I don't see Paul being 6 to 10 mil a year better than Rondo. Ainge was my least favorite Celtic as a little kid and as a GM he is going to bury the franchise for the next decade with his stupid trades. Dumping Perk for a below average wing in Green, telling the whole world you want to dump the guy who can dominate any playoff series he wants in Rondo speaks volumes about what a douchebag Ainge is.

Clippers and Warriors make the most sense for New Orleans as far as getting decent players back for Paul. Gordon won't be part of any deal. Not sure either team could sign him to extension though. He'll wind up in NY, won't win shit, blow out his knee again and be a guy that never was as good as he could have been.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by kobstopa View Post
    the latest report is, the clippers had offered 3 players: Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe and Al-Farouq Aminu for Chris Paul but the deal will go ahead if the clippers willing to send Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon instead. The Hornets consider this deal a far more attractive than the possible trade with LA's wow. you gotta love it, if LA got screw for this.
    Wow. I find it hard to believe that that is the best they can get for Chris Paul. That would be sad.

Aminu is a project who is still a couple years away from knowing whether or not he'll even be any good. Bledsoe is ok, he might turn into something in a few years. And Kaman is just an expiring deal, so he's basically just a player they will rent and they'll end up with nothing for him once he leaves next summer.

So basically, they'd be getting Bledsoe and Aminu for the long term, and by the time either one of the those guys might be any good, they will be at the end of their rookie deals and be looking to go somewhere else.
    I don't see how you can trade Chris Paul for something that isn't a proven commodity. I understand wanting young, but you should want a young guy who has shown a lot of promise...A guy you KNOW will be a good.

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

they wouldnt take that deal. they want either gordon or curry from golden state. and neither team will pull the trigger because cp wont give guarantee that he will sign ext or sign it before hes traded. wont happen. he would go to golden state if he was smart. their new owner is like a mini cuban and will do whatever it takes to turn them into a winner. cp is just another whiny bitch forcing his way onto the team he wants to play for. lakers vs heat for the next 5 years or knicks-heat ec finals. this is why i didnt miss the nba.

kobstopa

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Not gonna happen. LA belongs to the Lakers. No matter who is on the Clippers. CP3 doesnt want to deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by refrain87 View Post
    Why would CP go to the clippers? If he does, clippers will lose him the next year. CP said hes only interested in the lakers and knicks. Any other team is just going to lose him the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Wow. I find it hard to believe that that is the best they can get for Chris Paul. That would be sad. Aminu is a project who is still a couple years away from knowing whether or not he'll even be any good. Bledsoe is ok, he might turn into something in a few years. And Kaman is just an expiring deal, so he's basically just a player they will rent and they'll end up with nothing for him once he leaves next summer. So basically, they'd be getting Bledsoe and Aminu for the long term, and by the time either one of the those guys might be any good, they will be at the end of their rookie deals and be looking to go somewhere else. I don't see how you can trade Chris Paul for something that isn't a proven commodity. I understand wanting young, but you should want a young guy who has shown a lot of promise...A guy you KNOW will be a good.
    look like the clippers is winner for real now, but the problem is, this franchise known for its mess up of talents over the years & i hope they will have it together and have a good 1,2,3 knock out in Paul, Griffin & Gordon

kobstopa

The clip have landed CP3.
    congrat

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Wow, is this deal better than what the Lakers/Rockets were giving them? That pick will be nice and high but I didn't see any of those other guys on Sports Center.

Clippers putting t a starting 5 of maybe...
    PG Chris Paul
    SG Billups
    SF Caron Butler
    PF Blake Griffin
    C Deandre Jordan

kobstopa

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Wow, is this deal better than what the Lakers/Rockets were giving them? That pick will be nice and high but I didn't see any of those other guys on Sports Center.

Clippers putting t a starting 5 of maybe...
    PG Chris Paul
    SG Billups
    SF Caron Butler
    PF Blake Griffin
    C Deandre Jordan
    I think Gordon at SG,
    Billups & Mo William as backup, wow, that's deep
    lookout at these b2b games, that's how a team this depth can come out in one piece
    I think the clip will go deep in the west this year.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by kobstopa View Post

I think Gordon at SG,
    Billups & Mo William as backup, wow, that's deep
    lookout at these b2b games, that's how a team this depth can come out in one piece
    I think the clip will go deep in the west this year.
    Gordon is on the Hornets.

kobstopa

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Gordon is on the Hornets.
    fck me, my bad.
    i didnt realize they had given up Gordon. If that's the case, if I am the GM I would have CP3 for Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick, & kept Chris Kaman.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

fuk it... this is huge for the clippers... i mean HUGE!... i'm hoping they pick up a shooter

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

nba is trying to market blake and cp3 going to the clips makes perfect sense... stern nixed the trade to lakers so they can boost the clippers and blake.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Both teams won in this trade. If David West was still on this team with Gordon and Kaman they would definitely be a solid team. Not sure if they would be playoff worthy.

Clips get who they wanted in CP3. Hornets got a lot in my opinion. Eric Gordon is a solid 20-25 point scorer. Aminu is a project (didn't see much of him last year), Kaman is an expiring contract (wouldn't surprise me if they traded him before the deadline for young talent or draft picks), Bledsoe was impressive last year, and the T'Wolves pick should be a top 5 draft pick. And this years draft is loaded. The Hornets have a bright future ahead of them. They could be really good in 2 or 3 years.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

man the clippers have so much talent right now its actually scary.

i don't know what they plan on doing with all these guards though. theres just too much going on in my opinion. the team should be built around paul and griffin. getting caron butler was enough and now they are stuck with billups and mo williams. that's just too many guys that need the ball in their hands.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

What they really should do is trade Griffin for Dwight Howard and then play a small lineup

kobstopa

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    man the clippers have so much talent right now its actually scary. i don't know what they plan on doing with all these guards though. theres just too much going on in my opinion. the team should be built around paul and griffin. getting caron butler was enough and now they are stuck with billups and mo williams. that's just too many guys that need the ball in their hands.
    this is where some teams will do better than other during a back to back games, they will have the luxury of resting the starters toward the end of the season as well to keep them plenty of fresh leg.