curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bulls play the wrong game...

I watched a Bulls game yesterday. I think I know why they are so bad this year.

They are playing the wrong game.

When the Bulls drive to the paint, they are pretty good. When they sit back and try to hit jump shots and 3 pointers, they are pretty bad.

So, why don't they build their team around driving to the paint? They have 3 players who score pretty much anytime they are under the basket. But, these players almost never get inside the paint because they run all these stupid jumpshot plays.

From what I saw, this could be a good team, but they don't play the right game.

Idiot coach?

Not enough bench depth to play full court press all game?

Watching one game doesn't prove anything?

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

they could press if they want. so many guards with so limited time available to go around. hughes isnt even given playing time. They dont have a legitimate low post player with gooden out.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    they could press if they want. so many guards with so limited time available to go around. hughes isnt even given playing time. They dont have a legitimate low post player with gooden out.
    What about that dude with long hair? Don't know his name, but anytime he was under the basket, if they got the ball to him, he scored.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    What about that dude with long hair? Don't know his name, but anytime he was under the basket, if they got the ball to him, he scored.
    I think you're talking about Joakim Noah but in my opinion, he's very limited offensively. You might have just saw him get offensive boards and put them back up. Tyrus Thomas has unlimited potential but he just needs to put his talent together. I think he should just focus on rebounding and defense and let his offense come to him. He tries to force too much on the offensive end and that's what gets him into trouble. Aaron Gray is a typical slow, white guy. As the above post mentioned, Gooden is their only low post threat offensively. Without him, the Bulls are basically a perimter oriented team. Rose is at his best in the open court and I think spreading the floor with jumpshooters (Gordon, Deng, Nocioni) will be good. Playing small and having Tyrus play center might work too but what do I know?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

uhh noah gets my blood boilin

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Noah sucks and can only dunk! He looks just like a clown and is easily overpowered on the defensive end. His strongest ability is shot blocking. Against good teams he looks like he is drunk on the court. The bulls need Gooden in at center just to compete, out with groin injury. This week will be much tougher then the clippers, kings and suns...all who stink too!

Don't get me wrong the Bulls do have some talent in Gooden, Rose, and a few others... But they need to stop thinking about the fact that just about every player on team is a first round pick and start getting rid of some of the crappy ones!
    Last edited by G's pks; 02-02-09 at 02:12 PM.