jerseykai
    jerseykai's Avatar Become A Pro!

1/30 money on celtics tonight,but, could it be a book trap at only -5.5?

the only play today that i have is the boston celtics to beat the detroit pistons at the moneyline of -230.

1 unit=100$ for me
    i am risking 4.6 units to win 2 units.

i am about 7%(it seems like a trap to rake in dough) sure that my play will actually cover. the line just looks toooooooo goood. i feel like the oddsmakers have some inside information that everybody else doesn't have. the line started at -5 last night, moved to -6 in the morning and then moved back to -5.5. i am assuming that they are just getting equal action on both sides. i THINK that is because the public is seeing the spread fluctuate, and they think that a lot of wise guys are betting the other side, or "steam" i believe is the term. either way, this is the only remotely good play today that i like today. best of luck to us all....

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont see how it could be a trap, they are a big road favorite, and those are the hardest bets to win. but i dont see how its a trap.

jerseykai

i hope your right....

ryanXL977

would you be that shocked if pistons won, as a home dog? happens every day right? so i dont see how celts-5.5 on the road is wise. i would much prefer taking pistons but i wish u luck amigo

home dogs always pay

jerseykai

i think the line should have opened at -8 at least because the pistons are incohesive at the moment, their past 2 or 3 recent meetings, i believe the celtics won by an average of 10. that's why i think their is something wrong with this line to have it at -5.5 now. even if the pistons are home underdogs. it should be more in my opinion.

first meeting this season : 98-80 home
    seconde meeting this season: 88-76 at detroit
    third meeting last season: 89-81 at detroit

jerseykai

and no i wouldn't be shocked if the pistons won as a home underdog. BUT, i would be shocked if the pistons won as a home underdog of +5.5 against the BOSTON CELTICS, with the issue of richard hamilton or allen iverson pissed off because either one of them should be starting but one is coming off the bench.i also don't feel that they have that billups strong leadership anymore.

ryanXL977

i agree pistons are garbage and a disasters, like the suns, but they are capable of beating boston at home. i dotn think they will, but i wont be suprised if they do. boston cant win every game vs detroit. or can thye!!!:>

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

jersey....are you a guy or girl??

jerseykai

i'm a guy.

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

the spread is not a trap. Detroit sucks, but they are not as bad as other teams that the celts have destroyed. The spread would be higher if the game were in boston too, but detroit gets some favor because they are at home. The line will move, just take it while it's low if your going with beantown!

It's the celtics. even people in detroit will be betting against the pistons.

jerseykai

Quote Originally Posted by jaymac82980 View Post
    the spread is not a trap. Detroit sucks, but they are not as bad as other teams that the celts have destroyed. The spread would be higher if the game were in boston too, but detroit gets some favor because they are at home. The line will move, just take it while it's low if your going with beantown!

It's the celtics. even people in detroit will be betting against the pistons.

good input.

tblueeyes
    tblueeyes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a trap...easy money!!

peetlui
    peetlui's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey tblueeyes, is that avatar a picture of you? Real nice.

tblueeyes
    tblueeyes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by peetlui View Post
    Hey tblueeyes, is that avatar a picture of you? Real nice.

Hey peet, yea thats me...and thanks!!

jerseykai

i won my play today, good news, and thanks to my new favorite nba team, the boston celtics.