MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Players reject deal

It is going to take a miracle for them to have a season.

MartinBlank

The NBA players association is insane. They really are.

This wasn't a good idea, and now Stern is going to dig his heels in after they decertify.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Good.

95 percent don't care about the NBA

NCAA hoops + Hockey + NFL + NCAA Foots = Overflowing full plate without NBA.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Good job players

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Players are as dumb as shit, this was the best deal they are going to see this year. They are now going to have to decertify and from everything I've seen they won't get anything close to the deal they just rejected.

MartinBlank

Exactly. The players a fuked. Just watch the owners start talking contraction------

The players have lost their minds.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Hope the players and owners enjoy the fruits of their failure. Unbelievable.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Awesome

Maybe now the players will be allowed to work without a silly collective bargaining agreement

Play for whichever team you want

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Stephen A. Smith is even calling the players idiots without common sense

Going to enjoy hearing stories about these bums going broke in February and appyling for jobs at Home Depot like Delonte West

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Good. 95 percent don't care about the NBA NCAA hoops + Hockey + NFL + NCAA Foots = Overflowing full plate without NBA.
    when April comes around everyone will care

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Stephen A. Smith is even calling the players idiots without common sense
    he's right

MartinBlank

The players think they have a marketable skill set outside of the NBA----they actually think people care.

They don't. The NBA gets a fraction of the NFL tv ratings-----and they have convinced themselves they are worth more than the NFL Players are to the NFL.

Whoever is advising them is dumber than a piece of lint.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Players in deep shit

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Who are advising the NBA players, have they gone to any independent agencies to ask them what they should do? Because, they are fools if they believe they deserve anything above 50 in this economy and make up of the nba. Lets see how happy they are with a 47-53 split now.

So the union is going to dis'claim' and not de'certify' i guess disclaiming will move this through the courts faster, and there won't be a 40 day grace period for the two groups to try to work it out themselves.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

RIP 2011-2012 NBA Season

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    RIP 2011-2012 NBA Season
    I am thinking that too, unless this is just a ploy of some kind. i doubt that, i actually think the players think they deserve what they had before. They are the highest paid athletes in the third most popular sport in america.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Who are advising the NBA players, have they gone to any independent agencies to ask them what they should do? Because, they are fools if they believe they deserve anything above 50 in this economy and make up of the nba. Lets see how happy they are with a 47-53 split now.

So the union is going to dis'claim' and not de'certify' i guess disclaiming will move this through the courts faster, and there won't be a 40 day grace period for the two groups to try to work it out themselves.
    I think the NBA players just want to make what the open market dictates. Not have 30 businesses collude to artificially cap their earnings.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Honestly... this is Fisher's fault... tell me he isn't one headstrong old man? For real.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    I think the NBA players just want to make what the open market dictates. Not have 30 businesses collude to artificially cap their earnings.
    Well that is bull shit, hard caps have been part of the NFL for years, and if you are a top tier player you are going to get paid.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Honestly... this is Fisher's fault... tell me he isn't one headstrong old man? For real.
    Amen to that, i don't get how they think they deserve more then 50. I just don't get it.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

Players gave up 50/50 (Only a Union Thug would think 50/50 isn't fair) now they will struggle to get 48.

Players will be crying in about a month.

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

I feel sorry for all the kids..how are the daddy's gonna pay child support now?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Well that is bull shit, hard caps have been part of the NFL for years, and if you are a top tier player you are going to get paid.
    Doesn't mean they are making the free market dictates, or that it is even legal.

Someone in Africa could say you are getting "paid" even if you are making $3/hr. Its all relative.

As it stands now, the players believe they would make more in a truly open market, than what they would make under the CBA proposed by the owners. They have the same rights as any workers.

neverstoppers23

Doesn't mean they are making the free market dictates, or that it is even legal.

Someone in Africa could say you are getting "paid" even if you are making $3/hr. Its all relative.

As it stands now, the players believe they would make more in a truly open market, than what they would make under the CBA proposed by the owners. They have the same rights as any workers.
    You are failing to understand the current economic conditions, and the failings of the majority of nba franchises.

a hard cap is needed to give small market teams a fair shot at a chance.

Sports leagues, are not like any other corporation. In the MLB, the top tier teams pay luxury taxes over a set amount of money, and they have revenue sharing.

Not understanding your point on them being like every other worker like they are some coal mill worker, who are getting shafted be the evil owner.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

shits gettin worse, i dont even see a 50 game season

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

All these NBA players.... easy to get headstrong (thinking you are deserved a set figure/paycheck.) Then reality sinks in... when you have no check to cash at the bank. You think these players are intelligent??? Get on the court and play basketball... what else you thugs going to do???

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

good hope there is never another nba season

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Seems as though you guys say you so not care, but are mad @ the players not taking the deal. I could be wrong, but there seems to be vitriol from your guys perspectitve.

I am going to miss late night Clipper/Laker game to watch while falling asleep. And I will miss teams like th Spurs/Lakers/Celtics who are surely the hardest hit due to the age of their players.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

**** the spurs. tim duncan wouldnt sign my nephews basketball

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

You are failing to understand the current economic conditions, and the failings of the majority of nba franchises.

a hard cap is needed to give small market teams a fair shot at a chance.

Sports leagues, are not like any other corporation. In the MLB, the top tier teams pay luxury taxes over a set amount of money, and they have revenue sharing.

Not understanding your point on them being like every other worker like they are some coal mill worker, who are getting shafted be the evil owner.
    Why doesn't the NBA have a revenue sharing system like the other leagues then???

The point is that they have the same rights as some coal worker. Just because they are making millions doesn't mean they should take whatever is offered to them.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

The fact that there was a maximum salary for individual players is insane. I do understand a salary cap within the league, but a maximum salary for individual players just hurts the league. A player like Lebron will go to a better team for a couple million less. If that couple million turned into $30,000,000 we may have a different story.

DwightShrute

with 9% unemployment (real number is probably 15-20%), millions losing their homes and all the other shit that is going on because of the recession ... the player's just decide to say "here ya go, I have enough money, cars and BLING and don't need my millions in salary!" Greed and stupidity.

LOSERS

Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-14-11 at 03:24 PM.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

Why doesn't the NBA have a revenue sharing system like the other leagues then???

The point is that they have the same rights as some coal worker. Just because they are making millions doesn't mean they should take whatever is offered to them.
    if you believe all of this, than you should also believe the owners should be allowed to contract the league to remove un profitable teams. if the market dictates certain teams to be losing investments the owner should be allowed to liquidated and sell off all the assets.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post

if you believe all of this, than you should also believe the owners should be allowed to contract the league to remove un profitable teams. if the market dictates certain teams to be losing investments the owner should be allowed to liquidated and sell off all the assets.
    Absolutely. Does anyone really think the Toronto Raptors or Charlotte Bobcats should be operating?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    with 9% unemployment (real number is probably 15-20%), millions losing their homes and all the other shit that is going on because of the recession ... the player's just decide to say "here ya go, I have enough money, cars and BLING and don't need my millions in salary!" Greed and stupidity.

LOSERS

Now I know, why you hate Obama.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Now I know, why you hate Obama.
    you're a racist. You know very little about most things. If I need info on steroids, I will PM you.

I said the same thing about the NHL players a few years back dummy and they are almost all white boys.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 11-14-11 at 03:51 PM.

12 Last