bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Minnesota vs. Houston (1Q)

Houston, 1Q, -2 +102 (Pinnacle)

Having lost five of six including an embarrassing meltdown Tuesday versus play-off rival San Antonio, I look for Houston’s veterans to be on edge to get this gettable game. The young Lynx team that has not played well on the road, and may have a let down early off yesterday’s rare easy win.

I like the 1Q because Houston does have depth problems, and I like them to start fast off the fiasco in San Antonio.

YTD: 7-4

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

My baseball card is light today, so I might join you on this one bookie. Have any other leans tonight?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like it. A lot. HOU could easily crush MIN in 1Q.
    I'm already on 1H HOU -3.5.

bookie

Illusion...no other leans today...but I want to put up my plan for tomorrow right now because I expect the line will move...LA-Detroit 146.5 under...These are both teams that play good defense when they play their game, and as a show down between elites they should both play their A-games tomorrow...We also get both teams having to take a bus ride to Grand Rapids (about three hours for hte Shock) so it will be an unfamiliar venue and that often messes up the offense.

DH I also wanted to know if you could tell us a little bit about your approach to totals, either here or PM me and we can correspond about it.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

The totals system peaked around 30-13, and now it is just hobbling along at 50% or so. That happens. I'll be playing and posting it again next year in the month before the All Star break. Or if it starts to catch fire again.

Sometimes it pays to move quickly, from one angle of attack to another, so now I'm on a 1H trend that looks very promising. It is 10-0 since the All Star break, and 6-0 since I discovered it (at 4-0). Sample size is still small, but if HOU covers 1H today, I'll start posting it tomorrow.

My approach is to share picks, -fun to share winners-, but not systems. Basically, I try to find angles that I think people may be overlooking, and then analyze them against a number 'matrix'. For every ten angles that I research, maybe one sticks. It's hard work to make something look easy.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 07-20-06 at 02:59 PM.

bookie

What would be an example of a number matrix?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I wouldn't even tell my own brother. lol.

Sports betting is like poker. Just a bigger table.
    Until you've made more money than you know what to do with, don't share your edge.
    If you do, everybody is up to par, and you're going to have to find a new one.

bookie

Whatever.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looked good w/ 3 minutes to go in 1st quarter then the bottom fell out.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by bookie
    Whatever.
    I'm sorry. I missed the part where I owe you something.

Anyway, HOU 1H 45-33 covered, so I'll be sharing some 1H picks.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 07-20-06 at 09:01 PM.