SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rondo ruins Celtic offense

Disrupts flow, cannot hit open jumpers. Better off passing ball and playing defense.

5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

huh? I am guessing you havent seen him play much this year then? He has been pretty damn good all year

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Crazylou, what the fukk are you talking about?????

He gives them the ball every time they are in a good, scoreable position. He is very scrappy on defense, came up with a lot of good plays on the defensive game in this game alone. He ruins the fukking offense? I guess you don't remember he was the starting point guard in the finals.

What a dumb phucking thread.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to agree with BigT here Lou. Without Rondo the Celts would be the slowest team in the league.

mattd83
    mattd83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I cant say that I've watched a lot of celtics games this year, BUT I'm in dallas and we would be delighted to have him. I like the guy and think he's a good player.

matt

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    What I use to win most of my bets....

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

He brings speed to the team, when the the big guys big Perkins and Garnett run the floor, the Celtics are at their best. This opens up the 3's for Allen and Pierce.

cheesehead004
    cheesehead004's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you honestly believe they were able to win 2 7 game series, beat the Pistons, and then beat the Lakers in the Finals with a PG that "ruins" the offense? HONESTLY?? REAAALLLLY?

Tsoprano

He starts these threads just to create "hot" discussion.

Like that Bill O' Reilly being the best political anchor.

Scott Rocha
    Scott Rocha's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    Disrupts flow, cannot hit open jumpers. Better off passing ball and playing defense.
    Yes, the gig is up on Rondo. Teams are not letting him get in the paint like he once did. A horrible shooter, teams are now giving him all the room he wants. Guy can't even knock down an open 15 FTer.

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

i am a celtic fans .. and man.. i am willing to trade this player with most starting point guard available in nba right now...

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Stick to tennis.

Tsoprano

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    I have to agree with BigT here Lou. Without Rondo the Celts would be the slowest team in the league.
    Agreed, he has more energy than most of the point guards in the league.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Rocha View Post
    Yes, the gig is up on Rondo. Teams are not letting him get in the paint like he once did. A horrible shooter, teams are now giving him all the room he wants. Guy can't even knock down an open 15 FTer.
    Quote Originally Posted by secret007 View Post
    i am a celtic fans .. and man.. i am willing to trade this player with most starting point guard available in nba right now...
    Well stated. It's apparent to me the other posters are huffing paint thinner.

Denunzio
    Denunzio's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just want to say I agree.

Im not sure with who, what, where why when and how. but i do

Tsoprano

Crazy, wtf pal.

They are arguably the BEST team in the league, and he is their STARTING point guard. You really think he "hurts them"?? I say whatever the fukk they are doing should remain the same.

NuttyLou, you don't remember that Suns game a couple nights ago? Little Steven Nash was Rondo's BITCH.

Come on pal, make some sense.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

position of point guard: pass to open man and find an easy shot.

his defense is good and any points he gets is a bonus. Im from boston and i watch him every game. Hes an unbelievable player. I cant even believe i saw this thread. Hes great. We hav 3 of the best top scorers, rondo finds them for us. Hes an unbelievable PG.

Tsoprano

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post

his defense is good and any points he gets is a bonus. Im from boston and i watch him every game. Hes an unbelievable player. I cant even believe i saw this thread. Hes great. We hav 3 of the best top scorers, rondo finds them for us. Hes an unbelievable PG.
    Exactly, point guards are playmakers. They create successful possesions on the offensive end by working through their team mates.

Maybe Crazyl doesn't know that about should....

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Stick to tennis.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by secret007 View Post
    no..u are not a celtics fan if you truly believe this.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    Position of point guard:

Those guys are point guards. Those guys aren't little weasels that look to pass first because they couldn't hit a shot if they were the only man on the floor.

Rondo's defense is his only saving grace, that and passing the ball to someone that knows what they're doing.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-30-15 at 11:00 AM. Reason: image does not exist

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

woahhhhhhhhh woahhhh crazy...ur 100% wrong.

a point guard finds the open guy and makes the plays happen. If they can put up 25 points a nite, then their above the rest. When you have Paul pierce, KG and ray allen saying his a great point guard and that he is what is making them do so much better...you tend to believe them. KG, Pierce and Allen are some of the premier players in the game and their saying their having good seasons BECAUSE OF RONDO, and your going to say hes not good? what a joke.

Hes not a good POINT guard because hes not averaging 25 points and 15 assists? haha

Oh and to add, Doc rivers(the Celtics coach because i dnt think you knew this with the intelligence your showing on the matter) wants rondo to be pass first with the 3 premier players he has and if he has a wide open FG that he should take it. Oh and and another thing, Rondo's FG percentage is higher than KOBE and LEBRON...

SBR Lou

B1ger, I'm aware that Doc (along with any sensible person) would want Rondo to pass primarily, not solely because of the superstars around him, but because the guy spoils any offensive possession when taking shots himself.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston up until now has been one of the most dominant teams we have seen in recent memory the last 2 years and Rondo is the point guard, enough said.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

How can you say this? If his FG % was under 40 id say sure your right, and celts r averaging like mid 90s for points. But hes shooting 47% and hes "somehow" ruing possessions when he takes shots which will never be understood when the player is a pointguard shooting 47%. Just please explain what you'd like to c him do.

You dont want 2 c him pass out to 1 of the best 3's shooter to play the game? To go underneath to KG who makes most of his hsots in the paint? Or go to pierce who can do it all and has proven to be a gamechanger?

Just explain what you want out of a POINT GUARD. Because if hes ruining possessions when he takes shots, same can be said about any player with less than 47% fg percentage(this would include kobe and lebron).

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Boston up until now has been one of the most dominant teams we have seen in recent memory the last 2 years and Rondo is the point guard, enough said.

O wow..O wow...great post JJ.

And if your going to say.."well they hav KG,PIERCE AND ALLEN..guess whose finding them open and feeding them the ball...this arguement was done long ago...KEEP IT UP RONDO!!!

SBR Lou

Any point guard in the league could easily come in and excel playing on the team Rondo's playing on, he's simply in a good situation. Like being a running back on a team with an explosive quarterback/WR's and offensive line, the pressure is not on you to perform because of your surroundings.

Any PG in the league worth his salt could excel as Celtic point guard, but many of them could hit open jumpers unlike Rondo. His defense and passing is all he will be remembered for, and in a few years when he loses some of his speed he'll be mediocre at best.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Any point guard in the league could easily come in and excel playing on the team Rondo's playing on, he's simply in a good situation. Like being a running back on a team with an explosive quarterback/WR's and offensive line, the pressure is not on you to perform because of your surroundings.

Any PG in the league worth his salt could excel as Celtic point guard, but many of them could hit open jumpers unlike Rondo. His defense and passing is all he will be remembered for, and in a few years when he loses some of his speed he'll be mediocre at best.
    he is 22 he will get faster than he is now. Yes they are better on offense with Eddie House but Rondo gives them the best chance to win and is a good point guard.

SBR Lou

You guys can say what you will, but the bottom line is it's never good to have someone on your team that the other team doesn't have to defend.

Imagine if a real quality defender AND scorer was in Rondo's place, how much tougher would Boston be? Don't let the accomplishments of the big 3 cloud your judgment, look at the entire puzzle and you'll find Rondo is the weakest link.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

OK..tonights game...Perkins was left wide open 16 feet out...he passes the ball, sets a pick...allen for a deep 2..thats how offenses work. So if they wanna leave one of the celtic's open, so be it. All good things to be said about Perkins by everyone(except foul trouble). And You DEFINATLY do now watch celtics games because he takes 15 shot jumpers and hits them(he fg is 47% may i add). Like i said, i watch 95% of celtics games, and hes the player i want to have the ball because he will make the play. and dude, theres like 10 people saying your rong, give it up plz

Tsoprano

Position of point guard:

Those guys are point guards. Those guys aren't little weasels that look to pass first because they couldn't hit a shot if they were the only man on the floor.

Rondo's defense is his only saving grace, that and passing the ball to someone that knows what they're doing.
    Wow. LEBRON AND KOBE ARE NOT POINT GUARDS! They can play the position because they are some of the best players in the history of the game, not not true point guards.

Derek Fisher is, Rudy Gibson is. Rondo is in THEIR CIRCLE, not these two fukking all stars you are comparing him too. Come on now Crazy, your better than this.

The Celtics have all the talent they need, so they DO NOT need Rondo to "do it all" like Utah does from Deron, like LA does from Kobe, like Denver does from Billups, Like Cleveland does from Lebron, etc. You have no idea what your talking about Lou.

Lou, those players you posted not only need to set up plays, but complete them at the scoring end since they are the heart of the teams each one of them represents.

And excuse me???.......Can you explain this ridiculous quote below for me...?

Defense wins games. And if you noticed, defense won rings last year. Utah can score 1200 points one night, if they give up 1201 or more points, it doesn't mean shit! It's just a stat-padding asset for that individual. Defense is the best offense as they say. And he has a great defensive mindset... he never lets up. And when your team has the talent Boston does, all he needs to do is stay un-selfish and PASS THE BALL to CREATE PLAYS, something a point guard is supposed to do. They run the ball into the arms of the center, shooting guard, forwards, and keep a heads up regarding their surroundings. And he certainly is under control out there, Steve Nash and all his fanciness causes an average of 3 turn overs a game.

Am I saying Rondo is the best there is? Hell no.

Are you saying he hurts Boston and is a downfall (after what you have seen them, and continue to see them accomplish with him in the mix)? Yes.

You sir, are clueless.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-30-15 at 11:01 AM. Reason: image does not exist

SBR Lou

Fair points T but the minute Boston falls from grace, the fingers will be pointed in Rondo's direction. Place him on any other team in the league and the guy wouldn't even be worthy of his own thread.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

If he played on another team he would do a lot of stuff off the dribble that he does not for this team, Rondo is a better shooter than Derrick Rose and he still puts up points, Rondo is a much better player than him and he is the Bulls franchise player.

Tsoprano

Fair points T but the minute Boston falls from grace, the fingers will be pointed in Rondo's direction. Place him on any other team in the league and the guy wouldn't even be worthy of his own thread.
    Lou, don't you see this guy drive the ball in dozens of times against 3 guys...tearing apart the heart of other team's defense? I see it every night. This guy is magic around the rim (and I don't mean the Magic they made vanish tonight). So what, he needs a jumper? Every player needs to work on something.

Period.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

not true at all crazy, we had the 7 game slump, not once was rondo blamed. The hole team was, but thats the type of team boston is: classy and professional. They realize its a team effort and come out to play. And the mans been said the reason the celtics WIN. I dont no where your from or how much you follow the celtics. Order the next 10 games and watch them. Dnt watch espn and think you've seen it all. Im serious when i say Watch 10 str8 games of the celtics. If you still believe rondo is the problem, then theres about 20 other great sports you could try to understand.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoprano View Post
    Lou, don't you see this guy drive the ball in dozens of times against 3 guys...tearing apart the heart of other team's defense? I see it every night. This guy is magic around the rim (and I don't mean the Magic they made vanish tonight). So what, he needs a jumper? Every player needs to work on something.

Period.

good post tsop, thats why i like your posts because you make valid points. But he was right on, when he drives and draws 3 defenders and makes the basket or kicks it out 2 allen for the 3 or anyone else for the jumper..THATS A GREAT POINT GUARD.

Tsoprano

Crazy, let me ask you something...(and please answer me honestly):

Do you have the NBA league pass?

12 Last