Razz_Donkey
    Donkey of the Razz
    Razz_Donkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

1/9/09 NBA action

Ok, I know CK an others have put up some picks. I'd like to hear from everyone what they think about a few of the other games.

Mem@Tor: Unreliable teams with shaky records against the spread. Memphis is terrible on the road and Toronto is missing a few key players. Nonetheless, Toronto has played well of late, mainly at home, beating both the Rockets and the Magic recently. No spread is out but I'm thinking they might be a good bet. Also, Toronto has shown a habit to come out shooting well early. A first half or quarter bet seems like it may be worth considering.

Nets@Mil: Nets are king of the road upsets especially ATS, though Harris is still doubtful for Fridays match. Bucks tend to get things done at home. No line out yet, I'm curious what others are thinking here.

Wiz@Bulls: Deng is listed as doubtful, but Gooden is back in action and looking decent. The Wiz have certainly been playing better recently, though mostly at home. I tend to prefer the Bulls here, though honestly I'm not sure why.

Det@Den: Rasheed is listed as likely while Hamilton is still doubtful. Melo of course is out. Obvious rivalry here with AI vs Billups. Certainly will be a good game. I must say that if Detroit couldn't handle Portland without Roy I'm not sure how they expect to beat Denver even without Melo. No line yet, and I'm interested to see the over under. I don't know about this one, Denver is tough at home, but Detroit is a good road team.

Mavs@Suns: Should be a good game, playoff like intensity. Suns might be the worst team in the NBA at covering spreads. Dallas is good on the road ATS (11-6) and Phoenix is terrible ATS at home (5-12). This game should/could be different though. These potential playoff matches are usually wild games. No line out yet, but I tend to think it will be a close game. I think the Suns get it done straight up but ATS, who knows...

Where are others leaning on these some of these matches? Share thoughts on other games as well.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

bulls are fav coz their at home and the wiz has the worst record in the east. the wiz plays their centers alternately, but they havent played big time and down the wire except this season, inexperience man.

raptors have been playing well as of late and coincidentaly they are without jermaine. bargiani has been shooting well at the 2nd half which takes the pressure of bosh and the guards. even solomon is doing well

Razz_Donkey
    Donkey of the Razz
    Razz_Donkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good insight, lets keep it coming. Lines are out, nothing too shocking. Toronto has a fairly big spread, not as confident as I was before with them.

Updates show Raja Bell as likely today for the Bobcats. Rajon Rondo of the Celtics had his shoulder wrapped after early shoot around, and Stuckey is having back problems, not sure if he'll play for Detroit today. Info from rotoworld.com.

Dallas V Suns line has jumped from 4.5 to 6. Dallas looks a bit more appealing... Your thoughts?