bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

NBA Players salaries 1 billion in 1999, over 2 billion in 2011

Only thing that remains the same is a lockout in 1999 and lockout in 2011.

These thugs need to get their heads out of their asses or move back to the ghetto and sling crack again. They have the best deal by far of any major sport and bitch that the owners are greedy and they're being cheated bc the owners would actually like to break even or turn a slight profit, **** THEM!

When half the players in the NBA are broke in 5 years and you have alot of 7 foot tall garbage men just remember the 2 billion a year these idiots turned down when it is obvious to anyone that the owners are guaranteed to win this negotiation anyway

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

That sounds like an owners problem. If bosses don't give raises, there is nothing you can do. Looks like the owners are giving out more money. To make sure that this doesn't happen again, the owners should close down shop and make the highest salary 1 million dollars on a team, guess who is still going to come back and play hard as hell.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    That sounds like an owners problem. If bosses don't give raises, there is nothing you can do. Looks like the owners are giving out more money. To make sure that this doesn't happen again, the owners should close down shop and make the highest salary 1 million dollars on a team, guess who is still going to come back and play hard as hell.
    How is it an owner's problem? There are only so many superstars in the league and without at least 1 or possibly 2 most years you have NO chance to win. You have to give a max contract to a guy to even have a chance.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

If this drags on a lot of these guys are done.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

An owners problem?

The current owners offer on the table involves players average salary rising from 5 mil a year to 7 mil a year in 6 years....the players consider this being cheated and cannot accept this offer by any means (even willing apparently to lose a years salary to try to get an extra 3%)

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post

How is it an owner's problem? There are only so many superstars in the league and without at least 1 or possibly 2 most years you have NO chance to win. You have to give a max contract to a guy to even have a chance.
    Last I checked only ONE team wins the championship, so if you are not there at the end why give a max contract?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    An owners problem?

The current owners offer on the table involves players average salary rising from 5 mil a year to 7 mil a year in 6 years....the players consider this being cheated and cannot accept this offer by any means (even willing apparently to lose a years salary to try to get an extra 3%)
    No one else is getting raises, why do the players have to get any raise in salary over the next 6 years. As I stated before, stop paying gobs of money to the players you don't want them to have. Again, that is an owner's problem. If I don't want my employees' salary to be a burden to me, then i will not pay him until it hurts, that is not the employee's problem, that is the owners' problem.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 10-17-11 at 09:02 PM.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

i dont mind the players making stupid amounts, but it should be earned. all contracts should be performance based

Mad Thunder
    Mad Thunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    An owners problem?

well, looks like the players didn't think about that last part.