therber2
    Barrels of whiskey
    therber2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Teams to watch out for

Some of the worst teams to bet on (basically overrated and underrated teams):

-OKC Thunder
    -GSWarriors
    -Boston
    -Cleveland

-Possibly Orlando for tomorrow

No matter how good a bet may seem involving any of these teams, I would be very hesitant. Seems no one can predict what they will do.

My advice: if you think you have a bet with these teams...Don't do it! The are bettors' nightmares!

Anyone have any 2 cents to add to this idea?

Personally, I might just bet the opposite of what I normally would when any of these four teams are involved (for the next few days).

For example, Boston -9 (against the Bobs) might seem like an obvious play, but I am going to wager the the Bobs either win (small) or cover their spread.

I am going to start a thread here tracking this. I WILL wager that for the next few games these leans (that I personally will not bet on will go 50-50)

*I'm just going to track it here-It is up to you.

So for tomorrow:

[Edit: I'm making the Charlotte cover official too]

Charlotte + 9.5
    (medium) (WIN)
    OKC Thunder +2.5 (WIN)
    Washington +13 (Big)
    (WIN)
    BOS/CHAR over 177.5 (Big) (WIN)

On a side note: who would you all pick, Cavs or Boston? (Both teams leave a bad taste in my mouth personally)

For this one I say Cavs win....not that I like them though!
    Last edited by therber2; 01-07-09 at 12:14 AM. Reason: results check my new thread for tomorrows picks

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Looks like a good parlay and teaser thanks

jamesrg
    jamesrg's Avatar Become A Pro!

You think a premium team like Boston is gonna keep losing to bad teams ?

They've lost 4 out of their last six and 4 out of their last 5 road games.

They're gonna get it together sooner rather than later and i say they handle Charlotte tomorrow.

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrg View Post
    You think a premium team like Boston is gonna keep losing to bad teams ?

They've lost 4 out of their last six and 4 out of their last 5 road games.

They're gonna get it together sooner rather than later and i say they handle Charlotte tomorrow.

I might agree with this statement, but really I wouldn't even place a bet on either side. I am leaning Charlotte covers; Bos wins.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

sooner or later, the law of average will catch up with any winning teams,....and also losing team. what is important you can ride on their winning the ats.

like for ex, dallas always cover against memphis and they get creamed the other night, the same thing happened to bos against the knicks.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

I smell fustration here buddy, dont bet too much though

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey

Yeah well I've never liked any of the teams from square one. The lean I'd feel most comfortable with, and may even consider placing a wager on tomorrow would be the Wizards covering dog spread. The rest im just gonna track. When it comes down to BOS vs. CLEV I will go CLEV. They are a good team with LeBron, but seem to only play when it matters. OKC wants to proves themselves even though they don't stand a chance.

Yes, I did place some dumb bets with these teams in the past and frustration is a slight element, but I don't want to be biased so I want to make it clear that I AM NOT BETTING THE OTHER SIDE.... just tracking.

Except for Wizards; I'll make that one official.
    and the over...
    Last edited by therber2; 01-06-09 at 02:48 AM.

jamesrg
    jamesrg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by therber2 View Post
    I might agree with this statement, but really I wouldn't even place a bet on either side. I am leaning Charlotte covers; Bos wins.

Boston could play big in this game and i think they beat the ever loving sh**it out of Charlotte.

Just my 2 cents.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Now that I actually look into it, this is not a bad play at all. You can say OKC is the best team covering the spread and Charlotte at home getting 9.5 seems like a good play too. Im a little hesistant on the Wiz-Magic game. But if I can make it a 3 team teaser and get 17, I think it would be a respectable play. I also like the Over in the Celtics-Bobcats and the Over in the Griz-Twolves as well.

lolisaiahlol
    lolisaiahlol's Avatar Become A Pro!

i ended up doing a 4 point teaser on these teams:

Boston -5
    Orlando -9
    Lakers -3.5

i am very confident that they will cover the points, the only one that i'm worried about on are Celtics. they played 5 games on the rode and they only won 1 of them. the other teams will cover.

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by lolisaiahlol View Post
    i ended up doing a 4 point teaser on these teams:

Boston -5
    Orlando -9
    Lakers -3.5

i am very confident that they will cover the points, the only one that i'm worried about on are Celtics. they played 5 games on the rode and they only won 1 of them. the other teams will cover.
    I don't like teasers much, but I think your last two picks look pretty safe. Boston may cover that, in fact you probably have a good chance.

GL!

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

I think the Celtics will roll over the Hornets tonite. Hornets offense is sputtering but their defense is good. I don't think it's good enough though to handle the Celtics..

I wouldn't trust Washington either. I think Orlando usually manhandles them. Washington always plays Cleveland good but they play orlando bad. They can't stop Howard in the paint and their defense is shady..

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

OKC is 11-2 ATS. I wouldn't bet against them unless they were a fav on the road.