SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Do work!!! 1/6/09

Time for me to get back to the old COCKY ME. LETS DO FREAKING WORK AND WIN THAT $$$$.

1-0 Yesterday.....Bball, I suck at College Football, 10-21 picking bowl games so far. IDC THOUGH, 60+% BBALL.

Results from yesterday
    Sam 1-0
    Johnny 0-2
    alittle 0-1

Standing Going Into Tonight
    Johnny Baseballs (20-10)
    alittlemoresound (22-21)
    SamsNCharge (16-16)
    tland (7-14)

Games/Lines We Are Playing From Today
    Boston -9.5 Over Charlotte.....Over/Under 178
    Houston -3.5 Over 76ers......Over/Under 189
    Orlando -12 Over Wizards....Over/Under 190
    Memphis -3.5 Over Minnesota....Over/Under 194
    NYKnicks -2 Over OKCity.....Over/Under 217
    Dallas -13 Over Clippers.....Over/Under 182.5
    Bulls -8 Over Kings.....Over/ Under 209.5
    Lakers -7.5 Over Hornets.....Over/Under 196
    Last edited by SamsNCharge99; 01-06-09 at 10:39 AM.

SamsNCharge99

I Love them Knicks baby. I'm going against my own betting strategy w/ the Knicks which is never to bet the Knicks as a favorite. I suck when betting them as favs.....but, versus OK City, I really don't care. It's OK City and I will bet against them 1000% of the time when they are only giving 2.

Usually they are giving like at least 8+, now only 2. I know it's the Knicks, but they have been playing decent as of late including a HUGE WIN OVER BOSTON. They were down the whole game versus Indiana the game before but still managed to take a lead w/ 1.25 to go only to blow that. They were only up by a point and Indiana scored a bucket to retake the lead. Jarad Jack was a beast that game having like 27 points.

OK City, everyone knows about them. They suck and that's really all I have to say. Yes, they have been covering as of late, but big spreads, not 2 points. So, I'm taking Knicks -2.

Bulls -8
    Bulls off a rest day and Kings losing at the Nets by 8. Back to Back road games are tough and Bulls fresh and ready to play. Close game I see until the 4th where Bulls pull away and win by 10-14 points.

That's it for now.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

now, an early pick to get back on a winning streak.
    thats the right attitude.

seeing a knicks win also

NBA Hero

no leans on twolves @ memp?

woodyman
    woodyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

also like the knicks, surely they can clean up!

Any thought on what the line will be like at game time?

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    also like the knicks, surely they can clean up!

Any thought on what the line will be like at game time?
    Get the Line ASAP, some sites are already up to 2.5, the line will almost def. go up to maybe as much as 4. I got it yesterday at 2 and I think it will only be rising, so get it early.

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    no leans on twolves @ memp?
    If I don't like the game or have any feeling on it, I won't research the game, this is one of those games. Obv. you don't bet every game, so I only pick a few and this isn't one of them so sorry, no feelings on this one.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I'm senseing a trap maybe on the knicks. Just beat the #1 team in the NBA and then they go and play the worst team in the NBA and only giving up 2? Just my 2 cents I respect your picks just be careful

SamsNCharge99

Not a trap at all....Knicks just played at home to a struggling road team in Boston. I know Boston is still Boston, but I wasn't that surprised to see the Knicks win. Now, they are on the road playing a very fresh OK City team.

NBA Hero

rooting for knicks.
    no guts no glory.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see you are getting back on track Sam, take a look at Hornets, great spot for them to stun Lakers and get the win.

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    rooting for knicks.
    no guts no glory.

Why is everyone hating on the Knicks today as a favorite. People are acting like they are forced to bet this game and take the Knicks.

This years Knicks aren't the same team as usual. They are a lot better than last year. Not yet a top contender, but still they can beat the bad teams. I'm not saying this is a LOCK.

This is just a normal bet for me and it should be everyone else. Don't take them b/c you think you are forced to.

No Guts No Glory on This game....THat's such a bad statement.

No Guts No Glory....That's like a 8 team parlay. This is just 1 bet. If I win, I win, I Lose, I Lose.

Everyone is acting like they are throwing millions on this game b/c they are forced to.

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by strictlywinners View Post
    Glad to see you are getting back on track Sam, take a look at Hornets, great spot for them to stun Lakers and get the win.
    I looked at this game and had no feeling. I could make a good statement for both teams. Leaning Hornets, but not going to bet it.

Thinking Orlando vs. Wizards. Orlando coming off road loss at Toronto and Wizards off big win vs. Cleveland. Wizards play Cavs well, but can they play 2 straight big games in a row. And, can they play 2 big games in a row and keep it close. I don't think so.

Orlando will want a win, and playing at home they have been playing lights out this year. Orlando have already destroyed Wizards 2x this year, and I expect them to do it again tonight.

strictlywinners

Love the way your thinking here, but here is something else to think about. Wizards do play Cavs well and just got a win, not that it matters but it should make them feel good about themselves giving them false confidence. Orlando has been playing poor as of late, and are facing their first real losing streak of the year. There is some pressure on them to right the ship, pressure that they haven't had all year. False confidence for one team mixed with pressure for another = 1 of 2 things. THe team with the false confidence comes out playing loose and playing way beyond their ability and increasing pressure on the other team, or two they come out and try to do things they can't do, and play terribly and get blown out by the team that is playing for something. I hope the 2nd scenario is the way it goes, but I can't decide so it is leave alone for me.

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

sam, make a play on the GMAC bowl so we can fade you... fading you on the bowls is 21-10...not bad

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by strictlywinners View Post
    Love the way your thinking here, but here is something else to think about. Wizards do play Cavs well and just got a win, not that it matters but it should make them feel good about themselves giving them false confidence. Orlando has been playing poor as of late, and are facing their first real losing streak of the year. There is some pressure on them to right the ship, pressure that they haven't had all year. False confidence for one team mixed with pressure for another = 1 of 2 things. THe team with the false confidence comes out playing loose and playing way beyond their ability and increasing pressure on the other team, or two they come out and try to do things they can't do, and play terribly and get blown out by the team that is playing for something. I hope the 2nd scenario is the way it goes, but I can't decide so it is leave alone for me.
    Orlando Playing poor as of late??

8-2 in their last 10 Losing to Detroit and Toronto both road losses by 6. Their scedule may be weak lately, but they are usually beating their opponents like they are suppose to be. I see them dominating tonight,

The only reason they lost to Toronto is b/c Howard was in foul trouble early. In the 1st 3 minutes, Howard had all 9 points and 2 fouls, they had to take him out of the game for the rest of the quarter and Toronto took advantage.

If Howard Stays out of foul trouble, GAME OVER

strictlywinners

SPortslock, you got anything for me yet in that game, I took Tulsa already but I don't know how confident I am.

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    sam, make a play on the GMAC bowl so we can fade you... fading you on the bowls is 21-10...not bad
    No Chance of me betting this game. I like Ball St. So bet Tulsa.

I love Florida on Thursday. So most Likely, OK is the play. I do win occasionally and I do believe Florida will win this game. I got them early at -3, the line is already up to -4.

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Orlando Playing poor as of late??

8-2 in their last 10 Losing to Detroit and Toronto both road losses by 6. Their scedule may be weak lately, but they are usually beating their opponents like they are suppose to be. I see them dominating tonight,

The only reason they lost to Toronto is b/c Howard was in foul trouble early. In the 1st 3 minutes, Howard had all 9 points and 2 fouls, they had to take him out of the game for the rest of the quarter and Toronto took advantage.

If Howard Stays out of foul trouble, GAME OVER
    Yes poor as of late, you can't look at last 10, last 5 is farthest you can go back, how you were playing 8 games ago 2 weeks early has no bearing on how you play in the present.

Howard could find himself in foul trouble again tonight, Jamison is crafety and long, he could draw a couple and the slashing Caron Butler is always good for that too.

I'm not saying your pick isn't good I was just telling you why it is a leave alone for me.

SamsNCharge99

Ok Guys, I got to go to a wrestling match and help coach. Be Back later.

SamsNCharge99

Official Plays
    Orlando -12
    Knicks -2
    Bulls -8

alittlemoresound
    alittlemoresound's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston
    hou
    lakers

johnny baseballs
    johnny baseballs's Avatar Become A Pro!

off ical plays
    knicks
    lakers

johnny baseballs
    johnny baseballs's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are my offical plays
    knicks
    lakers hornets the over

isovitis3
    isovitis3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers

SamsNCharge99

Official Plays
    Sam
    Orlando -12
    Knicks -2
    Bulls -8

Johnny
    knicks -2
    lakers hornets the over 196

alittle
    Boston -9.5
    hou -3.5
    lakers -7.5

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I tried to warn you about the knicks this morning... Get it back tomorrow. Ya'll are doing a great job in this contest!

alittlemoresound

hey johhny changed his picks. i did that few games back and it didnt count..
    Last edited by alittlemoresound; 01-06-09 at 09:06 PM.

SamsNCharge99

where did I ever change my picks, even if I did, I did it before the 1st game of the night. Look back at the posts. I first have a post where I show my official plays, then I add another post w/ all of our picks.

alittlemoresound

my bad sam, not you johnny baseball changed his laker pick

SamsNCharge99

the only reason why it's no big deal, is b/c he changed his pick 1 minute later. He probably forgot to add Lakers game Over and just wrote Lakers.