curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any truth to adage "Don't lay heavy wood on the road in the NBA"?

I read a post where the poster said he was staying away from the big favs because he refused to lay heavy wood on the road in the NBA.

Any truth to that, or old wives' tale?

Curious

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

If this is referring to my post I was simply saying that I would rather not lay the wood on the road...personal preference. I'll lay a small number but usually like getting points on the road...road faves are 74-74-1 ats on the year. To each his own...usually if I don't care much for the home dog I lay off of the game unless I feel the line on the road fave is extra solid.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    If this is referring to my post I was simply saying that I would rather not lay the wood on the road...personal preference. I'll lay a small number but usually like getting points on the road...road faves are 74-74-1 ats on the year. To each his own...usually if I don't care much for the home dog I lay off of the game unless I feel the line on the road fave is extra solid.
    I don't play spreads on favs, only moneylines. But, I got killed today because of the road favs losing SU. Only small saving grace was Knicks ML and Knicks spread (I play dogs 2X on the spread and X on the ML). I have Portland spread and ML so that may work out.