shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Guys I just wanted to pop in and ask a question before I pass out for the night - well, morning. For 8 days straight I was on a serious tear raking in money hand over fist. However, the last 5 days my pathetic final cards resulted in something that looked like this... 1-4, 2-4, 3-2, 2-2, and 2-5 records. Now, I'll admit I have not been able to spend much time analyzing games the past week due to some extra partying and what not, but this has been a terrible run. I'm taking a beating at every angle. So, I was wondering if anyone else had been getting crushed by the books over the last 5 days or is just me. NBA in particular appears to be tearing me up big time. Sorry to vent, but it's been 5 days now without seeing a nice return like I did the first 3 weeks of the month.

GL today ladies and gents. Really, I mean that, GL. I sure will need it.
    Spoon,
    Every day for me has been a wash the past five days with a unit up or down here and there. I did have a solid 5-1 Monday though.
    Well get em

nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dexter View Post
    final day plays-

air force +4
    pitt +1
    bc -3.5
    over kansas 59
    good luck dex

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Spoon,
    Every day for me has been a wash the past five days with a unit up or down here and there. I did have a solid 5-1 Monday though.
    Well get em
    SPOON,and SHOE it's been a funny week for me also but better days are coming. HAPPY NEW YEAR

shoebox

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack View Post
    CK, sorry about the bashing of pronks picks but nothing annoys me more then when somebody posts "these are strong picks" and doesn't offer any write up and then each game loses big. why is he even posting college picks in your nba thread?
    i am now 11-6 in bowl picks.......each game bet the same........here are todays
    hou -4
    pitt +2
    bc -3
    minn +9
    gtech -4
    Zack I have posted BIG and STRONG plays and I dont always give huge analysis of my picks. Where were you In the begging of cbb when pronk was sweeping the board?.....You would not be bashing him. I dont do long analysis cause this is not my thread but I have killed the board since joining sbr. Anyway, this is CK's thread and pronk is an established comrade so you need to respect people and there plays win or lose. You dont have to play em you can fade em or disreguard.

nonsense48

thoughts on wisc@mich. wisc. beat mich. 51-34 in march at wisc.. it's mich-3'. i still like wisc. getting points

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shoe, Nonsense, and Indeed: Thanks for the feedback. I guess other than us 3 everyone else is pulling in a nice return this week.

College Ball:

Pitt: +2
    Kansas: -8
    BC: -3 (Hook 4 FG)
    Geaorgia Tech: -3 (1pt) Tech should actually tear LSU apart in this game, but brought it to a FG.

shoebox

Not to mention Spoon that about 5 losses have been determined by a point!!!!

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't won any money since last tuesday...it's been even or under for me. So it's not all roses and rainbows for me over here.

nonsense48

i like mich. st@minn pk. state has played much better opps than minn has and from what i've seen st. is much quicker.

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by maddogmadden86 View Post
    ck you are one the three i liked last night as well i'm locking them in now so i can enjoy my new years festivities, also adding orlando and the under, cant take detroit over the nets wang my nets play different ball away and with AI who the hell knows what will happen
    yeah, i'm sticking to the first half on that and dropping the game spread... the public is on detroit and the line is relatively still... the nets have the tendency to monkey around in the first half before getting it together and making a run at a W in the second, so i'm going to get in and be out by then.

actually debating on playing the clips with revenge. They have a lot of young players and revenge is at stake. I know the clips have injuries, but the sixers are just too uninspiring on the road and they already had a one point nail biter against the clips and that was with elton brand. I generally prefer fading the clips at home when they are favored or against elite teams. and neither of those qualifications apply here.

@spoon... 2 days ago i had a great day, sweeping the board, but otherwise, i'm more on the downslide over the last week myself... i've been slacking with my plays though to be honest... just haven't had the time i want to apply.

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Shoe, Nonsense, and Indeed: Thanks for the feedback. I guess other than us 3 everyone else is pulling in a nice return this week.

College Ball:

Pitt: +2
    Kansas: -8
    BC: -3 (Hook 4 FG)
    Geaorgia Tech: -3 (1pt) Tech should actually tear LSU apart in this game, but brought it to a FG.
    spoon, i think that it's just most don't want to admit their losses. it's been a tuff week all around for most of us that wager everyday. GOOD LUCK and HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND
    Last edited by nonsense48; 12-31-08 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spell

shoebox

Nonsense,
    I could care less about my wins and losses. All I know is that I have had 10+ years of capping success, and one week or one month does not determine a capper. People who lose for a week or month straight start to chase and then poof there broke. I just weather the storm and hang on for the ride.....

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Nonsense,
    I could care less about my wins and losses. All I know is that I have had 10+ years of capping success, and one week or one month does not determine a capper. People who lose for a week or month straight start to chase and then poof there broke. I just weather the storm and hang on for the ride.....
    zacly shoe, i'm 60 yrs. old and been cappin' since i was 15 so a wk. of loses is not a worry. better days are comin'. just a little bump in a long road my friend.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well one thing I'm not doing is chasing. I've read enough around here to already know that this is the wrong strategy. I just keep plugging aways with how I play but it is rather frustrating. Losing the Bostin and Sac games last night kinda sucked because they started out so well but I was actually worried when I saw that and now I know why. I'm not going to chase just play less games and try to get the most solid plays as possible. It will improve...it has to.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Is anyone liking the OVER for the Nets/Pistons game? Harris torched the Pistons last time for 38 points and that could easily happen again. Supposedly, Stuckey will be on Harris but I still think Harris can get his. The only thing I don't understand is the total is lower than the last game even though it easily went OVER. Anyone have thoughts?

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense48 View Post
    spoon, i think that it's just most don't want to admit their losses. it's been a tuff week all around for most of us that wager everyday. GOOD LUCK and HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND
    Yeah, I agree with you as well as Shoe. It's no big deal though, I was just wondering because I have not had the time to read a lot of the threads latley. My question was really directed at those who I know, have been apart of the family, and who have worked together in this thread for a while - not those who are brand spanking new to this thread of course.

GL to you guys today.

shoebox

Someone tell me why I should not take the Gators? SEC football is in a league of there own..

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

the last week so far looks not so bad for me, thanks to the pc play, bc that is the only one I play big, other than that i put up 200 to 400 on a game, maybe 600 on a big game if ck likes it too.
    also I had a nice day in cfb yesterday with rice and oregon state, but b4 that I had 4 consecutive losses I guess.
    And one thing I learned is, dont chase, do what you did in the past as it worked out, stick to it and dont panic, I had a horrible october and November, but I sticked to my play limit, didnt chase or doing something stupid like going heavy in parlays. I cam back in December and I might end the last 3 month of the year with a dime or two on the plus side. but honestly i was a little bit tired in Nov and Oct, didnt read all the info and just couldnt bring it, but December was fine.
    Better times will come, just stick to your limit and dont chase.
    just my two cents here

btw: looks like I will loose 400 on that hous game

peterpan19

kid
    the over looks too good to me, but then Det played some solid D lately and NJ is a little bit inconsistent in its scoring lately.
    the over is defently higher than normal, normal around 184 in Det so, yes they might want you to trick into taking the under here ?

edit:
    anyone have an idea about that bc game ?? It alsmost seems too easy to take, I mean everybody is on BC, but vandy started the year great, hell I dont know, lets hope the hous game is over b4 the bc game starts

edit: too much left on the clock, AF will run down the field and win this game with a TD
    why is that kid running out of bounds here ???
    Last edited by peterpan19; 12-31-08 at 02:22 PM.

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

under for the 2nd half of the magic, chicago game... one of two things will happen... either the magic will go cold as hell and allow the bulls to make a run (doubtful) or the pace of the game will slow down as chicago realizes that they just got the crap kicked out of them. First half total hit 103, but the books dropped the second half total at 99 (probalby because the O/U was 202) and i don't think they expect the over to hit at this point...

ORL/CHI under 99 2nd half

nonsense48

i'm thinkin' 100-85 for det w
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    Is anyone liking the OVER for the Nets/Pistons game? Harris torched the Pistons last time for 38 points and that could easily happen again. Supposedly, Stuckey will be on Harris but I still think Harris can get his. The only thing I don't understand is the total is lower than the last game even though it easily went OVER. Anyone have thoughts?
    kid, that last game had a couple of records as the ft att and made for nj was unheard of. i don't think it will be a repeat but u never know. jmo
    Last edited by nonsense48; 12-31-08 at 02:20 PM.

The_Kid

Quote Originally Posted by wangichu View Post
    under for the 2nd half of the magic, chicago game... one of two things will happen... either the magic will go cold as hell and allow the bulls to make a run (doubtful) or the pace of the game will slow down as chicago realizes that they just got the crap kicked out of them. First half total hit 103, but the books dropped the second half total at 99 (probalby because the O/U was 202) and i don't think they expect the over to hit at this point...

ORL/CHI under 99 2nd half
    I agree. I wouldn't trust the scrubs to finish off the scoring once the game is out of reach.

The_Kid

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan19 View Post
    kid
    the over looks too good to me, but then Det played some solid D lately and NJ is a little bit inconsistent in its scoring lately.
    the over is defently higher than normal, normal around 184 in Det so, yes they might want you to trick into taking the under here ?
    Thanks for the input, peterpan. I was thinking the exact same thing. Well, I fell for the bait if that's what they did. I put a small wager on the OVER, so we'll see how it goes. If the game is close throughout, maybe FTs will push it over at the end. I still think Harris will be able to get his and set up his teammates as well.

The_Kid

i'm thinkin' 100-85 for det wkid, that last game had a couple of records as the ft att and made for nj was unheard of. i don't think it will be a repeat but u never know. jmo
    I did put a small wager on the OVER. I wrote some stuff in my response to peterpan. Thanks for your input, nonsense.

peterpan19

ok nice start to the day, hous covered
    taking vandy +7 (bought pt) for 200

peterpan19

thinking about taking under 23 in that orgeon/pitt game
    anyone with me ?

The_Kid

i'm thinkin' 100-85 for det wkid, that last game had a couple of records as the ft att and made for nj was unheard of. i don't think it will be a repeat but u never know. jmo
    It's definitely not repeating now. Carter just got kicked out and NJ is already struggling to score. Now, they'll be hurting to put the ball in the basket.

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

take pitt at the half in fball

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

not me - im getting drilled and crying over every minute of it! haha - need bc, and gatech to cash the ticket today. those are my larger plays...

yeah, i hate when people hide or lie when they dont do well -only show up and start bragging when they're hot - everyone has cold streaks - its how you manage your money during those streaks that makes a difference in the long run.

bc down 6-0 - GREAT!

peterpan19

just dont know, I mean pitt might score a TD or two, but maybe not, oregon state looked not good on offense, so the Under 23 is my play at the half, but only small

btw: orlando looking good too

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    not me - im getting drilled and crying over every minute of it! haha - need bc, and gatech to cash the ticket today. those are my larger plays...

yeah, i hate when people hide or lie when they dont do well -only show up and start bragging when they're hot - everyone has cold streaks - its how you manage your money during those streaks that makes a difference in the long run.

bc down 6-0 - GREAT!
    i'm thinkin' we'll have a happy nfl wkend dex. get 'em buddy

nonsense48

DEX,did u cash on orl? 113-94 orl win yipee

I wanna rock
    I wanna rock's Avatar Become A Pro!

wutts up with GTECH?i watched them kill MIAMI(FL) this season with a stout running attack.is GTECH worthy enough to take at -4 or should i touch down on the o/u u think guys.looking for a little insight please

lolisaiahlol
    lolisaiahlol's Avatar Become A Pro!

good try on the parlay LSU was slacking off, but Orlando made me money. next time.

mmaddness08
    mmaddness08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got a little money to play with after getting cover with Houston Cougars today. Looking at the double dip of Houston. With CK on Rockets. Things I do know that the Rockets do this annual New Years eve game now, and typically play well and win with this promo, also they are coming off a horrible performance and the Coach Adleman has been ripping them good since then. McGrady also just paid a visit to his back guru in Waco, and typically always feels good the next game after seeing him. So McGrady will take to hole and be effective tonight I feel, and also the morale is up after popular lockeroom influence Mutumbo was resigned. Look for Houston to cover tonight. Although 8 to 8.5 is a little heavy for the way they are playing, I'm going to buy it down to -7. Good Luck to everyone and Be Safe out there tonight and Have a Great New Year. Look forward to the football talk tommorow.

CK and the Mafia- special Happy New Year Shoutout to ya all and Thank God for this site where we don't have the Covers BS. Keep up the winning and thanks for sharing!

First 1234 Last