brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

What is The Realistic Possibility of Getting an NBA Season This Year????

what would you guys say??

I'm talking about the possibility of any NBA season at all (either shortened or full season with a delayed start)

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

100%

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by tullamore21 View Post
    100%
    really??

you don't think we will have a cancelled season like in hockey??

I really really hope you're right though

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

really??

you don't think we will have a cancelled season like in hockey??

I really really hope you're right though
    tonight's negotiatons made me think positive. there was kind of progress, so we might lose 2-3 weeks but i guess the jumball will be in November

Mad Thunder
    Mad Thunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm just hoping that what progress they made with the latest negotiations doesn't fall through next week...

widebody2
    widebody2's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cant picture the players not just throwing their hands up eventually and giving in....They get paid based on 1/82 games...so every game they miss they make less. Just read a very cool article that lays out all the math.

Players are fighting over 3% right now. That equates to 120 million per, and about 700 million over 6 years. They lose about $85 million combine per week that they miss playing ball....Break even point is in december...and thats only of they get what they are asking for....

Makes no sense for them to keep this up to the point that games are missed. Hopefully some of them are smart enough to figure out this math, or have someone working for them who is.

On top of this most players in the league will not be around for another 6 years, so the math is even skewed in their direction already

bombCanada
    Rule #1: always be glad for what you get
    bombCanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

+500

NBA players a bunch of pussies (oooh illegal touching I've been fouled). Watch the real men play hockey (how do I hide this obvious brain injury which has forced my eyes to cross permanently?).

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

You can get 6/1 with some books that there will be a season. Save your money though as I think its a given that there won't be a season this year. At least we will have NCAAB.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    You can get 6/1 with some books that there will be a season. Save your money though as I think its a given that there won't be a season this year. At least we will have NCAAB.
    We need to organize on CBB. We should get some of us to really focus in on certain conferences and exchange information at a high level. I did this back in the day with Niagara's conference and it was my most profitable year, along with some of my boys who focused on other conferences. Problem is, they don't gamble on sports...most have moved on to poker or blackjack. **** the NBA! I'm pissed these bastards can't save the whole season.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

NBA and MLB are my most profitable sports so I am really hoping we get a season. Based on my research, the best we can hope for is that they start it around Jan 1.

Mad Thunder
    Mad Thunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, the players and the NBA will be having some sort of last ditch negotiation. Let's see what happens.