cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Friday 12/26/08

Ah yes, there are quite a few games to choose frm on Friday's docket. I am gonna let the Missus do the damage for me today in the NBA as i have been doing the intensive football research for the bowl game tonight. I have to give credit where credit is due. So, I have chosen Houston+2.5, Sixers+7.5 and New York team total to go over 110 (projected) and I will let her do the rest of the damage.

It's raining outside, so Im gonna roll with the Kings+2.5 in the rain. Only kidding, but the Kings are 5-0 straight up and 4-1 ats against the Raptors at home, so i can't go against that trend. The Raptors are moneyburners as everyone knows this year. Kind of hard to back a moneyburning team as a road favorite, File this one under the "C'mon man..." department. I'll take the home dog and the points BIG. The cowbells will be rocking in this one. This is Toronto's 4th game of their road trip, and the Kings are fresh. Whatever...

Sacramento+3.5 with a point buy BIG (Styles play)

Houston is coming off a blowout loss as is New Orlenas (only bigger).But the Hornets are crossing time zones in a quicker fashion than the Rockets, who are ready and poised to get the upset win against the Hornets in New Orleans. This will be New Orleans 3rd game in 3 days and they already are shorthanded. Give me those points and the Rockets. This is a bad spot for the Hornets to get a cover with such lack of a bench and rest...

Houston+2.5

Carmelo's gonna be back! So I am going with the Sixers coming off of the blowout loss to the Gang Green. The Nuggets are playing their 4th game in 6 days, and that in its'self is hard to do when shorthanded. Let alone with someone coming back into the fold that commands ALL of the shots. This is a minute mixing nightmare. Give me the quicker than before Sixers who have lost 2 straight. The Nuggets are unfamiliar with their personnel as the Sixers are an east coast team, and thus have not had a lot of time to scout them. Give me those points. The Nuggets have beaten the Sixers by this many points only once in the last 4 tries at home. And that's not even taking into account this large number of games in a short amount of days.

Sixers+7.5 (buying a hook)

Charlotte is scoring a little more these days and New Jersey is scoring and giving up more points than in years past. I'm gonna ride that wave and take the over in this game as they average combined 195.2 points per game over their last 5 games.With a total of 192, that gives me a little wiggle room and margin for error. Since this is a home and home series, I am going to take the over, watch this game and take the loser and th under in the rubber match on Saturday. If one of these home and home series games is gonna go over the total, it will be in the first game before the players know what their opposing defenders' breath smells like.

Charlotte/New Jersey over 192 (Styles play)

Minnesota is giving up 103.4 points per game over their last 5 games and is playing a Knicks a team that puts a premium on amounts of possessions per game. That's not gonna help. The Knicks have scored 103.4 in their last 5 games, but they are on a 4 game losing streak. So that means that they are at the cross roads. In order for New York to pick up a win, they must have a high scoring game. I am not going to take the Knicks-6.5 which is basically 8, but i will take them to score 110 points in front of their home crowd on Friday homies.

New York Knicks team total to go over 110 (projected)

College Football:

This one will be a squeaker, because Central has poor defense. But they have an experienced offense, and that should be enough to get them past Florida Atlantic, which likes low scoring games against superior competition. This one will be a barn burner, but Central has just a bit more offensive firepower. Defense is moot in this game. I give a lean for a light option for the over 67 in this one.

Central Michigan-6.5

Central Michigan/Florida Atlantic over 67

Other notables; Utah-3.5 (projected they are 4-1 ats home vs Mavs)to pulverize Dallas
    Last edited by cocknocker; 12-26-08 at 11:42 AM.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

you feel it for sacramento? the rotation and plays for the kings are in disarray.

cant say toronto is any better. but this is an opportunity to get a win.....i know that they even loss to OK

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

CMich is down to -6.5? I'm wary about this RLM. But it's still CMich or no play for me.
    I'm already on Hou +2. Waiting for ML.
    Good luck bro.

Dave16
    Dave16's Avatar Become A Pro!

which line is your fav out of all of those, Im thinking either CMU or Philly? But what do i know, thats why Im asking

cocknocker

Dave16,

I always give a clue word by the indicator (BIG). Everything after that is on you because it all gets played evenly..

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't usually like going against your picks, but i'm feeling the Hornets. Regardless of bench or rest i see this as a MUST win game after being humiliated on national tv. I gotta roll with the desperate team on this one vs the red hot rockets. GL either way.

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah i can't seem to discount the revenge factor either, not to mention the public being on the rockets... if i don't see some convincing movement, i'm probably on NO or noone in that game.

Otherwise, I won't waste too much time, but I LOVE the kings here... i could write up a page about it if i had the time, but they are my biggest play too, i'm just glad to see CK on them.

SAC +2.5/ML

I'm looking at utah defending home court with mavs off a big win on the road and IND/MEM over, depending on how hight that line is.

I will tail CK on

CHAR/NJ over
    NYK team total

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

no idea what the line in the bos game will be, but if its less than -4 I will take bos, only thing I have to is they will come out and destroy GS after that bad game yesterday, only short flight, so shouldnt be a problem

ck I like hous too, already took it lasr nite, no was shit yesterday and hou is doig pretty well lately

indeed
    indeed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Peja might be out again for New Orleans .. jump on it early, but keep an eye on the line as gametime nears and a decision about him is made .. if he and Daniels are out again, this game is almost a lock for Houston

NBA Hero

wangichu & ck,

dont think its time for a turnaround for the raptors?

salmon and garcia are the only one who can score for the kings.

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK,

aren't you going against MIAMI?? they have a 3 winning record, don't u usually fade this teams? I've already played MIA-4.5 because I think they will get the job done.....but I've remember that u usually fade a team in their situation.

hope u had a good xmas as well as all of you.

NBA Hero

wolfy,
    NO has been humiliated twice. by LA and ORL.

joanapoker

I'm also playing CHA/NJ OVER 192 and I'm going with CHI/MIA UNDER 199.5 ( I know that CHI is hot right now on the OVER going 5-0 last 5 games, but MIAMI is 1-4 last 5 games and 1-2 when playing with 2 days rest and CHI is even worst at 2-6 when playing with 2 days rest)

good luck all

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

fla atlantic vs c. michigan-

fla atlantic has hit their best stride offensively towards the end of the year, while c michigan has consistently been scoring/giving up pts all year (avg 30ppg, give up 31ppg). 2 really good junior qb's in lefevour and smith should light up the scoreboard in the dome tonight.

*over*
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thunder @ pistons-

no line on this game yet with iverson being questionable, but i expect him to play - iverson in, i have my line set at pistons -9. no iverson, pistons -6.5. i like the thunder here:

· -okl is 11-3 on the road ats this year
    · -pistons are 4-9 ats at home
    · -okl (sonics) lost by 3 at Detroit last year

the pistons were idiots to ruin their chemistry by dealing billups for ai. he is a warrior though, and will likely suit up tomorrow - either way.....

*thunder*
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bobcats @ nets-

i like the bobcats for a few reasons:

• -the bobcats are 14-9 as a dog ats
    • -bobacts are 8-3 on the road ats
    • -the nets are 2-5 as a favorite ats
    • -nets are 5-10 at home ats
    the numbers dont lie in this game..

*bobcats*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sixers @ nuggets-

melo likely out (brand out as well for philly), but i still like the nuggets in this spot:

• -sixers are 3-7 ats as a dog
    • -sixers are 5-8 ats on the road
    • -nuggets are 10-5 ats as a fav
    • -den is 8-5 ats at home
    • -sixers lost by 13 in their last visit to den
    *nuggets*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mavs @ jazz-

mavs on a back to back (off a nice road dog win) but the jazz have a few key injury reports coming out today. gonna wait to hear whats going on with millsaps mri, and okur. if they are both playing, i'm leaning on the jazz at home. the mavs are 1-3 ats their last 4 trips to salt lake. plus the late/tough game last night in portland is a factor. but if no boozer (out) millsap, okur, i cant play the jazz...
    Last edited by Dexter; 12-26-08 at 07:32 AM.

Dexter
    Update your status

nice - glad there is a consensus on this over in the bowl game, and utah. was thinking of going extra large on the bowl game anyway

Good Luck to everyone this Friday....
    Last edited by Dexter; 12-26-08 at 06:59 AM.

van6499
    van6499's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hornest lost their game at Orlando up to 20,and be the dog on the next game,against not-bad team,RocketIsn't it strange?PSmaybe my english is not fluent,but i'll do it my best to express it

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by van6499 View Post
    Hornest lost their game at Orlando up to 20,and be the dog on the next game,against not-bad team,RocketIsn't it strange?PSmaybe my english is not fluent,but i'll do it my best to express it
    the hornets are slight favorites right now at -1....i expect them to stay favored in this game. i dont like the game much, and could make a case for either team.

van6499
    van6499's Avatar Become A Pro!

SOR i made a mistake..."and be the dog on the next game"→and be the fav on the next game

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan19 View Post
    no idea what the line in the bos game will be, but if its less than -4 I will take bos, only thing I have to is they will come out and destroy GS after that bad game yesterday, only short flight, so shouldnt be a problem

ck I like hous too, already took it lasr nite, no was shit yesterday and hou is doig pretty well lately
    less than -4?? they are playing the warriors. i have my line set on this game at boston -12 (with sjax playing)
    Last edited by Dexter; 12-26-08 at 08:32 AM.

tdotcotez
    tdotcotez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cockwacker: Are you still making the JMOrr play even tho elton brand is out?

Dexter
    Update your status

i see a 10.5 out there right now on the celtic game, but fully expect this line to rise with boston seeing red after that loss yesterday. this is a great *value* play to me right now. celts by 20+ with or without sjax..

*celtics*

jazz opened at 3.5, but no word on millsap/okur yet.
    Last edited by Dexter; 12-26-08 at 10:19 AM.

joanapoker

I like Celtics at -10. Any thoughts?? Power ratings gives BOSTON a 15 point lead....

peterpan19

dexter
    I know bos is on fire and they want to destroy someone, but they never played well on the road against GS, they are 8-3 ats and 10-2 su, just saying...

I will see how the early games go..

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

I want to share my plays for today,it's already official so there's no backing off:

Hou +2 (with that rest of hou plus the travel of NO and their injuries.I think the losing streak will still continue for the hornets.If the hornets do lose this game,I'm 100% sure that i will take them in the next game against the pacers.As ck said bet on the teams with over .500 if they lose 3 straight ats in a row,but this game will be an exception so make it 4,cause no way they can't match up with the rockets with their injury riddled lineup.)

NYK -6 (this will be a great present to all NY fans,as they were humiliated there last time out.I think the knicks will start running and blow this game wide open.I know that the wolves have won in NY 5 out of 7 ats/su.But these are not the same wolves as before without miller i think that no other shooters that can keep up with all the shooters of NY.)

Sac +3 (The craptors are not really consistent enough on the road.and they also not played well at arco.Eventhough the kings doesn't have that much scorers,they play very well as a team.This will also be a fast pace game which will be the game of the kings.And I can't find any reason that the craptors can catch up with these young guy of sac.)

Cha/NJ over192 (I going with CK and styles with this one.)

I also play these 4 games in a small parlay $5.00

strybie
    strybie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1477

Underdog day

CHI +5.5 and CHI ML
    MIN +6.5 and MIN ML
    CHA +5 and CHA ML
    HOU ML
    DAL +3.5 and DAL ML

BOS on the other hand should win, but if they will cover 10.5 points, not sure about that

Hope to get some money back, yesterday only 2 - 5 (with LAL and ORL)

peterpan19

ragiche
    same thoughts about nyk game, they had tough road games against bos, phx and lak (played well in the last 2) and a humiliating loss against mil at home, I have a feeling they want this one badly

took hou ML, they will win or loose big, so why not take + money here

sac, 4th road game, is the money on Tor here ?
    Last edited by peterpan19; 12-26-08 at 11:17 AM.

cocknocker

ragiche,

You are learning about the parlay thing. Good work.

Joanapoker,

I don't like Miami or their opposition in this situation. That' why they didn't make it to my big board...New Orleans is out of gas. Might as well take advantage of that!

Dexter
    Update your status

dexter
    I know bos is on fire and they want to destroy someone, but they never played well on the road against GS, they are 8-3 ats and 10-2 su, just saying...

I will see how the early games go..
    your right in that golden state may have the confidence since they beat boston last year at home. however, boston was only a 3pt choice in that game last year - why? check out the warriors lineup that night - tremendous difference compared to what they'll have tonight.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280220009

Dexter
    Update your status

**edit see below post (okur now doubtful)

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,514...3,00.html?pg=2
    Last edited by Dexter; 12-26-08 at 12:22 PM.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i dont like going against denver at home against even good teams mainly because of the altitude factor
    a shit team like philly should be getting double digits -then i'd consider them

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Houston is now a pk even though the betting is rather even. Im seeing 51 percent on new orleans, so im guessing peja isn't playing

peterpan19

utah down to -3 and falling, ?

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Peterpan 19,

thank you for appreciating my little research here.I think i will also play some small ml on houston.

Ck,

I'm glad that you appreciated it.Without your help and also to all ck mafia ,i can't learn all about this (researching and tuning all their past games) so thank you ,thank you all.

W0lfy
    W0lfy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know about the kings and raptors game. I know the Kings can be deadly (sometimes) at arco, but Miller and Hawnes vs O'Neil and Bosh scares me alone.

Dexter
    Update your status

utah down to -3 and falling, ?

Paul Millsap will miss 7-10 days with a hyperextended left knee.

Dec. 26 - 1:03 pm et

not sure about this play yet - have to make sure okur is a definite go - even then, i may pass on this one...

1234 Last