bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Isiah has one year to show progress with Knicks

how on earth do the knicks even give this guy a chance to keep his job, and coach this team of misfits is beyond me.

if the knicks were smart, they would have just fired everyone, and started from scratch.

NEW YORK (AP) -Isiah Thomas has one year to turn around the Knicks - something Larry Brown couldn't do. And if Thomas doesn't, he'll be gone, too.

``I'm saying this right with Isiah here. This is his team,'' Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan said Monday. ``He made this bed. There's nobody better than him to make this thing go forward.

``But he has to do that and he has one year, one season to do that,'' he said. ``At this time next year Isiah will be with us if we can all sit here and say that this team has made significant progress towards its goal of eventually becoming an NBA championship team. If we can't say that, then Isiah will not be here.''

The remarks by Dolan were his first since firing Brown last Thursday and replacing him with Thomas, the team president and general manager.

He acknowledged that the team ``made a mistake'' hiring Brown.

Thomas assembled the roster that went 23-59 to tie the franchise record for losses in a season. And though Dolan said the Knicks are still rebuilding, he wants to see results next season.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am really shocked Dolan came out publicly and said. Hell, Isiah was sitting right next to him.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Dolan has every right to expect his employees to perform. Yes...Isiah can't feel good about what is going on with the Knicks but that's why he gets paid the big bucks. Fear and humiliation are great motivators.