cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Saturday 12/20/08

Well now, we have some juicy stuff to wager on today mates. First on the list is my heaviest wager for the NBA and that would be the Bucks to run rough shod over the Clips, who went to double overtime last night against the Pacers, which was their second straight overtime game on this road trip. Throw in a nice travel package to Milwaukee with that, and you have the makings of a potential blowout. Oh my..

Bucks-3.5 I am playing this one very heavy, mates

Second up on the list we have the Chicago Bulls victimized by the Celtics, and the Utah Jazz who had the overtime midnight oil burning as well last night beating the Detroit Pistons. The Bulls have played a back to back with two overtimes, and then one day of rest followed by a back to back in this situation. I can't help but take the under in this matcup as the teams are 4-1 for the under anyway. 200 points is too many and I ma going to rock the under for this game with no problems. I have a slight edge for the Bulls, but i doubt very seriously that I will take a side in this matchup.

Bulls/Jazz under 200

The Lakers lost on national television in front everybody includingyou and me. They go to Orlando who won against the the Spurs in an ugly affair. Kobe has to be pretty mad that they lost that game, and I am banking on the chance that they atone for that loss with a victory against the Magic. This should be a pretty interesting game. One thing that you can't do is give the Lakers points. Especially after a loss. They are 4-1 straight up in games in Orlando. The Lakers have not lost two games in a row this year. I'm just sayin'.

Lakers+6 (projected)
    Lakers moneyline (small)

College Football

Wake Forest-2.5 (buying a hook)

South Florida-7 +100 (even money)1st half Memphis is not in their league

NFL

Baltimore Ravens+4.5 (PC Play) I am also playing this one heavy

Alright, I've shown you mine, now you all show me yours!

innovator
    innovator's Avatar Become A Pro!

very well laid out

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

I'm against you on football. LOVE MY COWBOYS. FINAL GAME AT TEXAS STADIUM.....NO CHANCE FOR THE RAVENS.

Also Like Navy. One of the best Run offenses in the nation. I think they wil run all over WF Defense. I'm taking them ML.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

I don't know what the line is yet for the 76ers/Pacers game, but with Indy coming off a 2OT loss to the Clippers and then having to travel to Philly. I like the 76ers at home. I remember you saying an injured team is a dangerous one, but Indiana just played downright awful down the stretch. Murphy will be out again (stomach virus) though I am uncertain about Granger and Daniels for tomorrow's game. I should probably just wait until I get any further news regarding the status of those players.

I do like the Hornets tomorrow with Sacramento on a back to back. Hornets lost to Sacramento earlier this year at home so they're looking for revenge.

Haven't looked at any of the other games yet, but those ones caught my attention.
    Last edited by The_Kid; 12-20-08 at 12:26 AM.

Devon
    Devon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Loving the line movement for Ravens/Cowboys... public all over Dallas and the line drop for Dallas from -5 to -4.

Bucks game looks like a sweet game too.

lets beat the books tomorrow!

cocknocker

SamNCharge99

Actually, I had Navy pegged as a slight favorite in this game too until I looked at the game within the game. Navy is 1-4 straight up against Wake Forest, and Wake is playing thisgame with revenge after losing to Navy earlier this year 24-17. Wake had 6 turnovers in the game which led to their demise. A look inside the numbers reveals that Navy outgained them by 40 yards overall 343 to 313, so no big advantage there, just preferential ways of moving the ball, one through the air, the other on the ground. This one will be a squeaker as the teams have never played each other twice in a season, and obviously there will be adjustments made by both teams.

With this being a bowl game it is important to look at how the teams do when they have had a few weeks to prepare for the next upcoming game. Navy has a few problems when they are allowed to rest, as with 2 weeks of rest they are 0-2 ats, while Wake Forest is 1-0 and 2-0 after a bye week, which compels me to believe that they are good at game planning when they have extra time to get their playbook together. The side numbers switched hands late this week as the majority of the week Navy had the consensus on their side until today, when it flip flopped and now Wake Forest has the advantage suddenly by a slim margin 54 to 46%. I do believe that the line will drop to 2.5 by the morning as i know that I am not the only person who thinks that this game will be a squeaker too. Should be an interesting game. I'll work the revenge angle and see how it goes.

As far as the Ravens/Cowboys game is concerned, I think that it will be decided by no more than a field goal either way. The Ravens defense is just as fast, if not faster than the Cowboys offense. The Ravens for their part are a power running team which controls the clock and makes for tight games with them having a chance at victory at the end. The do at least three to four gadget plays every game, so the Cowboys defense had better stay home or get burnt. I have Baltimore with a slight 2 point overall edge, which means that I feel that they will walk away with the outright victory. The PC's don't play around though. When they make a call, it's usually money.

At any rate, although we are going head to head on these games, I wish you an exciting and prosperous Saturday.

cocknocker

Man, Devon,

The Clips are in a bad position to get the cover in that game, and they are in an identical position as the Bulls were today and we ALL know how that one turned out. I look for more of the same in this game with the Clips and Bucks. I think that the Clips keep it close in the 1st half, only to have their caps peeled back in the middle of the third quarter. The Buucks have no mercy on poonents when they have them down, a they will continue shooting 3's even after the final horn goes off.

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    I'm against you on football. LOVE MY COWBOYS. FINAL GAME AT TEXAS STADIUM.....NO CHANCE FOR THE RAVENS.

Also Like Navy. One of the best Run offenses in the nation. I think they wil run all over WF Defense. I'm taking them ML.
    Sam, NCAA football is my thing so I just want you to think about your wager. In short, if you are not already aware, Wake and Navy already played during the regular season and I lost money taking Wake that day. Wake actually turned the ball over 6 or 7 times during the game, yet only lost the game by touchdown. I agree, Navy can rush for a lot of yards, but I can't imagine Navy taking this game away from Wake.

GL

With you on the Cowboys though, partner. I bought a full point (-3) and the line movement does not scare me one bit. GL

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Even though I am a die hard Baron Davis fan, the Clips starters can't keep playing 40 minutes every night and that is going to catch up with them. Their non bench is a real killer especially in road games.

Clutchski
    Clutchski's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baron shot poorly tonight..likely with TJ guarding him with solid D. You think he could go off tomorrow against the bucks points?

Milwaukee is travelling back from New York tonight..basically twice the length the Clips are travelling...could this make any impact?
    Last edited by Clutchski; 12-20-08 at 02:20 AM.

cocknocker

Also adding Kansas-8.5 college basketball. I have them pegged to win by 14 over a Temple squad that buried Tennessee last week. Kansas lost by 1 to UMass and I don't think that they will be in a hospitable mood at Allen Fieldhouse. Rock, Chalk, Kaaaaay UUUUUU!

Clutchski,

Maybe in the 1st half, but not for the full game if he shoots mostly jumpers.

Clutchski

sounds good... and the other thing to consider is Randolph tore it up tonight against the Pacers D but he should have a tougher time tomorrow with the Bucks.

Spoon

Man, stay away from that Kansas game or go the other way. If Christmas is on his game today Kansas will have no one to guard this kid. He gets really hot with the 3. You remember what happened last Saturday in college hoops, eh? You and I both got crushed so play smart. Also, just a quick note... I really like the Jazz @ a PK. There is no doubt that line will move so I'm already on it. Lastly, CK, why are you not paying attention to my rule #1? Let's make Saturday a huge payday.

EDIT: I believe that Orlando line should be around 4, IMO.
    Last edited by Spoon; 12-20-08 at 07:35 AM.

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

first of all i would like to apologize to everyone that i convinced to take denver last night, while it was more carmelo anthony's fault and while the nuggets could have gotten back into the game in the 3rd they hadn't decided to just start hocking up jumpers and 3's, i was wagering on a team that i do not know as well as the hawks for example and against a hot streak so there was the risk. The line did just about everything it should have to support my play, but i guess the books were just trying to trick me and others into fading the cavs rather than playing them... I'd apologize to you too CK, but you dropped one winner and picked up another so i suppose you don't have much to be upset about...

Yesterday sucked... how a team with so much height like the lakers gets handled by a group of glorified midgets defies logic. The first half did have a lot of bogus laker hating calls and i should have gotten that first half play, but that's NBA officials for you. Any time i see d-fish getting up the ref's butts, i call shennanegins... he's too much of a professional to do that without cause.... anyways... i'm not sure i'll be capping too much from now til xmas, not just because i'm all but hurt, but because i'll be out of town and lacking the facilities of a computer to camp on. I'm sure I lost a lot of credibility on that denver play, but hell... that's gambling for you.

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Man, stay away from that Kansas game or go the other way. You remember what happened last Saturday in college hoops, eh? You and I both got crushed so play smart. Also, just a quick note... I really like the Jazz @ a PK. There is no doubt that line will move so I'm already on it. Lastly, CK, why are you not paying attention to my rule #1? Let's make Saturday a huge payday.
    Lakers don't make sense sometimes, but if they're seriously getting points, they deserved to be played despite any rule... also, magic deserved to get faded after a nationally televised game... starting to think it's not a bad general rule after the spurs game though. I just don't believe any team is beyond fading under proper circumstances.

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by wangichu View Post
    Lakers don't make sense sometimes, but if they're seriously getting points, they deserved to be played despite any rule... also, magic deserved to get faded after a nationally televised game... starting to think it's not a bad general rule after the spurs game though. I just don't believe any team is beyond fading under proper circumstances.
    Wang,

I'm waiting for the line and if around CK's projected line I'm not touching the game at all. I just have so much success taking Orlando and knowing when not to play the game at all. Nevertheless, there are so many great games tomorrow across all sports so I have been putting a lot of things together so I finish this week on the highest note.

GL Today!

Ant2nv
    Ant2nv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1057

I agree with CK here, Buckz at home -4.5, utah/chicago under, and lakers all seem the way 2 go...

MIAMI + 3 am i missing something???...seemz like the lock of the year to me!!...im expecting miami 2 blow out new jersey, early xmas presant

Garso
    Garso's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOVE your two sides here CK... let's get em on Saturday... I've had a mediocre week at best... only up 2 units... looking to bounce back with these plays...

MVFC182
    MVFC182's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive been given -5 over here on my books CK, you think Milwaukee will cover that with ease?

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

ant,
    new jersey is a more balance team than miami.
    on their game to lakers, wade's teammate is chocking on him right before our eyes.
    nets might have a good game again from their duo, harris-carter, and bring home another win after their opening lost at miami

NBA Hero

anybody has an idea why villanueva of mil played sparringly last night?

NBA Hero

utah will avenged their last to chicago last month, as long as williams, milsap and okur can stll run. will boozer play this time?

i expect gooden to be out. how about thomas of chicago?

no picks yet sam?

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

I like New Orleans tomorrow because they were beat by the Kings last time out and now they're more of a favorite. If I remember correctly, the line was around -13 or -13.5 and New Orleans was at home. Now the line has opened up at -15. The linesmakers know that the Hornets are that much better. I kind of see this like the Blazers/Kings game a couple days ago. Portland barely beat the Kings at home and then the next time around, they stomped them. With Sacramento on a back to back and with New Orleans finally looking like they're playing better, I have to side with the Hornets on this one.

willpies
    willpies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Bobcats -5 !!!!!!!! to beat golden state !

Ant2nv
    Ant2nv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1057

Hero,
    New Jersey have been giving up huge leads of late, harris had motivation against his old team, i dont see him scoring 40+ again in this one, miami beat lakers but your right they chocked at the finish , had kobe's basket gone in at the end i have no doubt they would have lost in OT.

wade is a superstar and will carry miami over jersey 2moro, imagine if his team mates dont play half bad...10+ win for sure, well thatz wat im sticking with.

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    utah will avenged their last to chicago last month, as long as williams, milsap and okur can stll run. will boozer play this time?

i expect gooden to be out. how about thomas of chicago?

no picks yet sam?
    Tyrus is still questionable and recovering from his concussion last I checked.

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey CK, that Miami/Nets game looks interesting. Some thoughts on this game, do we see the carryover effect for a Miami play 1st half beating the LAkers yesterday. Aswell, Miami has beaten the Nets the last 4 times in JErseytown.
    possible play Miami 1st half?
    possible play Miami +3.5?

jalein
    jalein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2650

first of all i would like to apologize to everyone that i convinced to take denver last night, while it was more carmelo anthony's fault and while the nuggets could have gotten back into the game in the 3rd they hadn't decided to just start hocking up jumpers and 3's, i was wagering on a team that i do not know as well as the hawks for example and against a hot streak so there was the risk. The line did just about everything it should have to support my play, but i guess the books were just trying to trick me and others into fading the cavs rather than playing them... I'd apologize to you too CK, but you dropped one winner and picked up another so i suppose you don't have much to be upset about...

Yesterday sucked... how a team with so much height like the lakers gets handled by a group of glorified midgets defies logic. The first half did have a lot of bogus laker hating calls and i should have gotten that first half play, but that's NBA officials for you. Any time i see d-fish getting up the ref's butts, i call shennanegins... he's too much of a professional to do that without cause.... anyways... i'm not sure i'll be capping too much from now til xmas, not just because i'm all but hurt, but because i'll be out of town and lacking the facilities of a computer to camp on. I'm sure I lost a lot of credibility on that denver play, but hell... that's gambling for you.
    Forget about it Wang. All cappers have not so good days. You consistently win. I personally have benefited from your experience. Your logic was sound, it just didnt work out. When the day is all said and done, nobody forces any of us to call the bookie and lay the loot. Sometimes when you add it all up or if it just "feels wrong" even the most limited, fledgling cappers have to make their own call. Sometimes, you just have to ride the wave. Or sometimes, you just simply have to make a play that feels funny a no-play and move on.

You have put good loot in my pocket. Rome wasnt built in a day and damn sure didnt fall in a day. If someone wants to get off the Wang train simply cuz of a day, so be it. It will cost them in the long run

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

No worries Wang, we all have our days. Put it in the past and let's cash the tickets today!

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone can tell me the Consensus on the MIA/NJ game??

Thx!

Already Locked:
    MIL -5 (CK heavy play)
    UTA/CHI UNDER 200 (CK play)
    TOR/SA OVER 185 (only I am seeing the Spurs passing again the 100 mark @home??)

Good Luck all

Spoon

Wake Forest vs. Navy - 11:00AM EST

Plays I put together thus far...

Final College Hoops
    UConn +4.5 (Hook)
    Miami-Ohio +8.5
    Georgia Tech -13.5 (Playing perhaps the worst team in NCAA BB)

Final College Football
    Wake -3
    USF -10 (Bought 1 point)

FYI, CK, back to that Kansas game… I’m sure you did your homework on this game and I’m not trying to change your mind, but just so you know…Temple beat a 7-1 Tennessee team last week (we both lost money on that game) and a 9-1 Penn State team the week prior. GL
    Last edited by Spoon; 12-20-08 at 09:46 AM.

Clutchski

Quote Originally Posted by joanapoker View Post
    Anyone can tell me the Consensus on the MIA/NJ game??

TOR/SA OVER 185 (only I am seeing the Spurs passing again the 100 mark @home??)

Good Luck all
    I said it yesterday as a raps fan..watch out on betting this game. Things in the raptors camp are just awful right now..obviously we lost to OKC last night..Bosh is waaaay off shooting horribly over the last 2 games. The raptors, who havent been able to score points..will stress D against SA. Although 185 is low..you could make some safer picks!! IMO

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under 39.5 and heres why. Ravens D is gonna be flying around the field today. Im gonna question Romos toughness when those D line, and linebackers on his ass all day. Would not be suprised if Romo gets beat around so much that you see Brad Johnson at qbwhich equals game over. He is gonna be hurried and sacked all day. Hold up fellas all of a sudden since wade took over the D the cowboys are all of a sudden a smash mouth hard hitting football team. Weird how the cowboys D looks like charger D a few years ago and everyone knows why. Hmm I think both teams will put up minimal points and its gonnna be a field goal here and a field goal there. I have this game capped at 32 points
    GL fellas

joanapoker

Also adding SAC/NO UNDER 197.5 (the two combined are 3-7 favor the UNDER in the last 5 games) also NO defense will keep the Kings with a score averaging 85-92!

Am I seeing this the worng way?
    Just want some inputs (because the bet is already made )

joanapoker

wrong*

1234 ... Last