cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

DaProfessor,

I would have to check what Orlando does record wise when Howard is out of the lineup. It's kind of an unknown thing as he is very durable, and he also makes up a big percentage of their offensive production. They have a sterling 4-0-1 ats record at Utah, but Howard played in all of those games. We have already cashed two straight tickets on this road trip with Orlando and lost one. I myself am laying off of this game. If he were playing i would have taken Orlando without hesitation. That injury last night cost me more than the loss last night. It also cost me a future wager which I had pegged for today's action. Drat!

Do the board a favor, please. Use a search engine and find out what the magic do in games when Howard is not playing if you could please my brother. I think that you can check the Orlando Sentinal or ESPN might have that information. Get back to us on that

africanroller
    africanroller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly just fired Mo Cheeks. Is it time to lay some wood boys?

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    DaProfessor,

I would have to check what Orlando does record wise when Howard is out of the lineup. It's kind of an unknown thing as he is very durable, and he also makes up a big percentage of their offensive production. They have a sterling 4-0-1 ats record at Utah, but Howard played in all of those games. We have already cashed two straight tickets on this road trip with Orlando and lost one. I myself am laying off of this game. If he were playing i would have taken Orlando without hesitation. That injury last night cost me more than the loss last night. It also cost me a future wager which I had pegged for today's action. Drat!

Do the board a favor, please. Use a search engine and find out what the magic do in games when Howard is not playing if you could please my brother. I think that you can check the Orlando Sentinal or ESPN might have that information. Get back to us on that

Hey CK, just read that Howard has not missed one game since being drafted in 2004. Could this be? need to check more.

natelli1
    natelli1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

rockets - 4
    pistons - 1.5

- clippers are coming off a veryyy long night in which they used all of thier energy to get an 8 point victory in portland, and don't forget they are the clippers so they have to go back to losing.ha! and as for the rockets, mcgrady came back last night and he was 1 assist short of AMAZING the warriors helped houston get some confidence on the offensive side of the ball ..
    --for the record, houston is 5-0 ats thier last 5 on the road against LAC ;the clippers are 1-6 ats in their last 7 when facing houston ;LAC are also 1-9 in their last 10 after a win

- the pistons, as we all know are struggling but im sure that their eyes are lighting up going into charlotte, they just have the bobcats' number, raja bell and boris diaw will struggle in their first game with the 'cats and without j -rich who are they going to look to when they need a basket to prevent the lead from hitting double digits .. pistons will roll as long as they keep felton and augistin in check which should happen in this one and may even hit the over, which is 185
    --for the record, DET is 5-0 SU and 4-1 ats in thier last 5 vs CHA; the total has gone over in 5 of the last 6 games when facing eachother and the total has gone over in 5 of CHA's last 7

CKfanclub
    CKfanclub's Avatar Become A Pro!

Africanroller,

Thanks for the hockey pick lastnight. Usually don't play much hockey but the night before your pick went through so have to put a little in lastnight game Cal/Flo under. Any hockey lock pick tonight? Thanks in advance.

DaProfessor23
    DaProfessor23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

The best i could find was he was Probable 11/8/08 VS Washington and he played and had 31 points and 3 blocks. they won the game 106-81 , the spread was -9.5 for magic which they covered . Other than that he has never missed a game or been probable or anything like that , not too sure how rest of team will play without him.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

magic
    cavs
    okc
    rockets

nets
    knicks teaser

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    magic
    cavs
    okc
    rockets

nets
    knicks teaser
    the cavs have never not covered when laying points in atlanta.

DaProfessor23

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    the cavs have never not covered when laying points in atlanta.
    Intresting , good find

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Rockets vs Clippers
    Agreed, both teams should have some tired legs after their respective games last night. Both teams are on the tail end of a back-to-back. The Clippers' game against Portland took 2h 50m to complete thanks to a double overtime.

Here's the kicker, the last three games played in LA:
    11/07/08 Total 181.5 | Rockets 92, Clippers 83
    04/06/08 Total 183.5 | Rockets 105, Clippers 79
    11/26/07 Total 189.5 | Rockets 88, Clippers 71
    The line set for today's game total is currently 191, much higher than what these two teams combine to score during games played in LA.

Another trend that I'm noticing between the two teams overall is the first half scores. In the past five meetings, Houston has led at the half by 13, 8, 16, 20, and 1. With the line currently sitting at -4 in favour of the Rockets, I'm thinking of playing the Rockets 1st half at -2 here. I should mention that the Rockets are 5-0 ATS and SU playing in LA over the past three seasons.

As for the public betting for this game, 82% of the 1700+ bettors have locked in the Rockets -4. Even with such heavy betting on the Rockets, there is some reverse line movement here. The linemakers opened the lines with the Rockets -4.5, but it is now sitting at -4. This makes me scratch my head. The Rockets are the superior team. To be backed by 82% of the bettors and have the line drop is perplexing. I could understand a line movement like that if the Rockets were playing a better opponent, but they're not. They're playing the Clippers!

Moving away from numbers, McGrady looked amazing in his much-needed return to the Rockets' line-up scoring 24 pts on 6/15 FG, 10/10 FT, with 10 DREB and 9 AST, and he ate the ball! The way Yao Ming has stepped up his game during McGrady's absence was impressive as well, averaging 22.8 PPG, and 12.2 REB in his past 5 games.

I'm going to trust my research and take the Rockets -2 1st Half, Rockets -4 for the game, and Under 191

africanroller

CKFAN, Doing a little reasearch now and am liking the 4 pm game between Minn and LA to go under. I havnt locked it in yet but will let you know when I get my picks up.

I did hit Philly/Pitt over 6 in the early game but that was just a small wager and I didnt post it because I wasnt completely sold. I just wanted to have something to look at while everyone else plays the College Floor. It 2-0 right now in the first so its looking good.

lolisaiahlol
    lolisaiahlol's Avatar Become A Pro!

@CK dude, it looks like the kings spread went down. now it's -1, you said to take knicks +1.5 so now i should just buy the hook for kings and make it -.5/

i also like the Pistons -1 because the bobcats played away from home when they lost against the pistons and the pistons won by 18, so what i'm thinking is go for pistons and buy a hook. Plus even if the pistons are at Charlotte they will still win, not by much but by more then one.

showtime2000

Quote Originally Posted by africanroller View Post
    CKFAN, Doing a little reasearch now and am liking the 4 pm game between Minn and LA to go under. I havnt locked it in yet but will let you know when I get my picks up.

I did hit Philly/Pitt over 6 in the early game but that was just a small wager and I didnt post it because I wasnt completely sold. I just wanted to have something to look at while everyone else plays the College Floor. It 2-0 right now in the first so its looking good.
    Hey Africanroller, liking the under in that too! Any thoughts on Minnesota, considersing they lost 3 in a row and basically own LA in the last 8 games at a rate of 7-1?

one thing to point out, read Min is plyin their backup, harding.

cocknocker

It's gonna be a footrace, pronk! Ohio State has gone on a scoring drought!

africanroller

Showtime the only thing that is stopping me from laying a serious wad is that Harding is starting.

Some info Minny GF -2.7 GA 2.7
    LA GF -2.7 GA 2.9
    Almost identical!!

In Kings games goals avg 5.34 and Minny games 4.80

The last three times these teams met it has gone under

If you look at harding in 5 games hes giving up 6 goals with a shutout. His save pct is actually higher then Backstrom.

Minny has 1 over in their last 5 games with avg goals being 4.6

If you look at all this then you have to go all in.

africanroller

CK, I really liked Butler today. They just match up very well.

africanroller

1 Game I like Richmond over VCU. What do you guys think?

cocknocker

I don't know, i can't bet aganst the Cavs right now. They are too hot!

Wow,Tennessee lost outright in blowout fashion. Ohio State allowed the Bulldogs to cover the 2nd half. This is upset Saturday so far! Bring on the Hoyas!

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

0-2 early on, but only down 150, georgetown will bring me the money back

showtime2000

Showtime the only thing that is stopping me from laying a serious wad is that Harding is starting.

Some info Minny GF -2.7 GA 2.7
    LA GF -2.7 GA 2.9
    Almost identical!!

In Kings games goals avg 5.34 and Minny games 4.80

The last three times these teams met it has gone under

If you look at harding in 5 games hes giving up 6 goals with a shutout. His save pct is actually higher then Backstrom.

Minny has 1 over in their last 5 games with avg goals being 4.6

If you look at all this then you have to go all in.
    africanroller, thanks for posting the stats. Minnesota has scored 2 goals in their last 3 games. i seem them turning up thier offence today and getting a lead and sitting on it? thoughts?

DaProfessor23

I got Gtown also. but so far not looking to pretty , memphis is controlling tempo

BookBuster
    BookBuster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1858

Anyone checking out that Denver & Golden state game? 15 points seems like a lot to cover and that over is really high.

africanroller

Showtime without Gaborik their lacking and with the KIngs without JR I just have to roll with the under.

tdotcotez
    tdotcotez's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats with all these ****in rookies missing free throws? Dont they know theyre called free throws.

BookBuster
    BookBuster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1858

All games in this series since 1996
    DENVER is 24-24 against the spread versus GOLDEN STATE since 1996
    GOLDEN STATE is 25-23 straight up against DENVER since 1996
    25 of 47 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1996

Games over the last 3 seasons
    DENVER is 5-4 against the spread versus GOLDEN STATE over the last 3 seasons
    DENVER is 6-3 straight up against GOLDEN STATE over the last 3 seasons
    5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

All games played at DENVER since 1996
    GOLDEN STATE is 12-11 against the spread versus DENVER since 1996

Games played at DENVER over the last 3 seasons.
    DENVER is 2-2 against the spread versus GOLDEN STATE over the last 3 seasons

With a record like that Golden State looks really good with 15 points.

So far my card goes
    Houston/LA Clippers Under 191
    Golden State +15.5

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

and total points 229!!! That seems only possible if GS would put some game @ DENVER......

showtime2000

Showtime without Gaborik their lacking and with the KIngs without JR I just have to roll with the under.
    Awesome!
    Anything else for NHL today?

kcjhawk
    kcjhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Were those Pronk's only plays of the day???

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

What on earth is going on at Purdue and Georgetown? My college plays are a huge failure so far. I'll be lucky if I'm only down $500 before I play the rest of my NBA games. Madness!

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm on the under in this game. I generally don't play NHL games, but I can't turn this one down. Here's a helpful tip regarding NHL totals: NHL games have a tendency to stay under for afternoon games 7/10 times. Play the under!

CKfanclub
    CKfanclub's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm in with you guys with the under too hockey game.

Thanks africanroller, vassman

tdotcotez
    tdotcotez's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 highly regarded picks that I hope I have money to play, 1 is the jets tomorrow over buffalo, and the 5 star play is florida over vancouver tomorrow(NHL)

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey ck i thought u were on phpenix moneyline last night at +100 why are u trying to justify your pick unless you changed it while i was out drinking

cocknocker

If Kansas goes in at the break down by double digits, I would have to make a play for them in the 2nd half. UMass doesn't seem to have the talent level to sustain a lead of hat type, especially when the Jayhawks are at home, well in Kansas City at the Sprint Center.

africanroller

Vassman on that one it really depends whos in that afternoon game. I took Philly and Pitt this afternoon at over 6. Theres been 6 goals scored through 2 periods

The more high profile east coast teams usually light the lamp in those afternoon games but as far as Minn and LA every detail I have points under so fade away haha

First 123456 ... Last