smsutto
    smsutto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets break down Det -4.5 and Cleveland -11

I feel really good about these teams and I'm considering adding Utah to make a parlay tonight. Det beat WAS last month by only 7 at home...is -4.5 a streach? Also, Det choked on there last two games. Cleveland is the beast of the east, but are they ever going to lose???? Anythoughts?

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smsutto View Post
    I feel really good about these teams and I'm considering adding Utah to make a parlay tonight. Det beat WAS last month by only 7 at home...is -4.5 a streach? Also, Det choked on there last two games. Cleveland is the beast of the east, but are they ever going to lose???? Anythoughts?
    Hey

I dont see Detroit losing to Washington. Its possible but I think they are pissed off. Cleveland wont lose tonight. Utah should cover as well. I like Portland over Orlando

smsutto

Cleveland won't lose....I agree, but will they cover?

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think Cleveland wins, but Toronto will cover +11

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland should cover. Toronto is nothing

smsutto

I see a lot of people picking Wash over Det. Det might not cover, but we are talking about the Wash. Det should get the win.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the same Det team that gave up a big lead to the knicks and lost. I'm just not convinced with them. I would say Cle has a better chance to cover than Det does as they seem like they are in turmiol right now and CLE is firing on all cylinders.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

I've been mulling the Raptors/Cavaliers spread in my head all day as I finished winterizing the house, and for all the quanitifiable elements that point to Cleveland covering yet another double-digit spread, I find myself dwelling more on the qualitative aspects of this matchup.

First, being a huge Blazers nut I sat down and watched every minute of Sunday's morning game between the two. I have to say that I was surprised by the relative precision of the Raptor's offense. This new coach, Triano, seems to encourage a more perimeter oriented offense similar to what is played in Europe. I think it has the potential to exploit the only significant defensive weakness of Cleveland, lack of body size in the backcourt. Collectively, the Raptors have better legs than the Cavs, and this complements the above mismatch.

Also, the Raptors have only been double-digit 'dogs once in the season, the books spotting them 12.5 points against the Lakers in the City of Angels. They only missed covering that spread by the half-point, and while the Lakers play a different "brand" of basketball, they are a similarly comprehensive opponent.

With a day's rest and less travel involved, coupled with a new interim coach who will strategize this game to the last second in an effort to justify his promotion, I'm on the Raptors +12.5 in this game.