bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

PHX vs Tulsa -15

I like PHX tonight to crush Tulsa. Phoenix is fighting for playoff positioning, they should beat Tulsa by atleast 15 tonight. I'm tempted to go with the Lynx -10, but the better choice is Phoenix -15.

Mirar Baseball
    Mirar Baseball's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could never understand taking spreads this high. But...Phoenix are a pretty terrible matchup for Tulsa (who isn't?), and if the Shock fail to install a slower pace to the game - something their previous coach would *never* even attempt - they will get candice dupreed and penny taylored, with a little bit of taurathreeee on top. Teresa Edwards knows all this, and she will go for as few possessions as possible. The more I'm writing about this, the more I like the idea of taking the under in this game.

You may want to take Phoenix 1H spread. To make sure you get the most out of all the matchup advantages the Mercury starters present. The final 3-4 minutes of the game, when Phoenix will give time to their bench, could be a problem. Unless our girls are up by 30 at that point, the cover could be blown there.

LucyTheApe
    LucyTheApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

seem like a little to much to cover

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only play I see on this game is the under. I've got it around 167 and supported by the Mercury's scoring tapering off a bit in the last month or so. They have been missing the game total by an average of of 7.64 pts at home in the last month. This doesn't sound like a team that is covering a lot of overs - Tulsa is even worse missing it by over 12pts/gm. They have gone under 4 of their last 5 home games with games averaging ~170pts, while the Shock have only gone over the total in 3 games on the road this season and are only averaging a measly 60 total points in the same last 5 road games (137 game total). In the games that did go over it was by an average of about 4pts with two being DD losses. I guess the question is...if this is a blowout then do we get screwed by garbage baskets in the last 4min of the game where defense is at even less of a premium?

The only thing that sucks is the line has moved 3 pts against me and my cushion that made this a stronger play last night may not be there any longer. Also, by me making these observations this game will probably go over by 20pts and I will look like a fool...and that is why I don't take this league too seriously because sometimes the stats just don't matter so I'm not going to get too excited here and may play 1 or 2 units here.

Just a thought...

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

PHX -13 is what im taking. Could be somewhat of a game first half.

burgi
    Update your status
    burgi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Phoenix -16 lets see the smashing!

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope they blew their loads in the 1H...this is the WNBA so there's always hope