cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

leans for Friday 11/28/08

First of all, I have to look at the teams that got blown out recently, which includes the Heat. They got blown off the floor by Portland in their last game enough that I had to look for them in their next game immediately, and in this game they play the Suns, who used to blow teams out at home, but are horrible at home this year and getting spreads that were ideal when they were a run and gun team. I'll take my chances with the Heat getting a scrub team spread against the Suns. Miami is 3-1 ats against them in their last three games regardless of the venue, and I look for that trend to continue as that is too many points to give the Heat.

I love bad press so much that I have to go against the grain and take the Pistons anyway even if Allan Iverson doesn't start. I mean after all they didn't say that they wouldn't play the guy. With the point being proven, i think the Pistons blow out the Bucks, who are due for a big loss after a quiet 8-1-1 ats streak wherein they are covering by a nut hair each time. This time the Pistons blow them off as usual. They ae 4-1 ats against the Bucks over the long haul, and I don't expect for that to stop regardless of whether Iverson gets big minutes or not. His production will be replaced.

Golden State is usually a 6 point underdog in Cleveland, but with the Cavs recent success it is easy to understand how the linemaker will come up with a spread of 12.5, and maybe higher when the public jumps on it. With a 2-1 ats and straight up record against the Cavs, it is obvious that the Warriors play them and the King well. I will have to take those points and roll with it, taking the Warriors and a small play on the improbable moneyline as the Warriors have not won a game on this road trip, and it is rare for them to travel back east and not come home with a win. And to boot, this game fits snugly into our 3 wins/3 losses situaton, wherein the Cavs have won 3 straight, and the Warriors have lost actually 4 straight. Effort will be at a premium for the Warriors in this game, and the Cavs will let them creep back into it in the 3rd quarter and early fourth quarter like they always do at home. I am expecting that we will be of the minority on this wager when gametime comes. Remember the rule of thumb: Never bet with a team that has won 3 in a row, and always take a quality team that has lost three in a row.

Styles likes the Jazz -10.5 over her beloved Kings, and Charlotte plus anything as they play Indiana well on the road, with a 6-1 ats record (wow!).

Warriors+12.5 (or more with public donations)
    Pistons-11 (projected)
    Miami+8.5 (or more with public donations)

Styles

Jazz-10.5
    Charlotte+9 (projected)
    Last edited by cocknocker; 11-28-08 at 01:27 AM.

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

my early likes are...

MEM 1st half +5.5(?)

running the fade spurs first half at home engine again... so far i've hit all four times i've played it (normally when the away team gets good points like this )

OKC +2 (or more)

Looks like a sh** vs. crap game to me, and as astonishing as the wolves victory in detroit was, they're still who they are, and that is a bottom feeding team going playing on the road against a very desparate OKC squad who has to know that this is as good of an opportunity as they may get...

and a double down on the hawks against whatever spread...

they've lost 7 straight ATS and that is past the magic number of 6 ATS losses and will cover sooner than later... unless i'm just extremely unhappy with the spread, i will double up on them until they hit for me... (if nothing else they owe me money from last game as well as an earlier ATS loss during that streak)

otherwise, still researching. as always... feedback is appreciated... i know i'll here from you CK... yesterday kicked ass... get money, f*** b****s

wangichu

actually... i didn't remember that MIN and OKC had played before... last time the total was 189 and they went well under... and what does vegas do for the next meeting in the same place? drop a total 5 points higher... sounds like this is going to be the shootout version of the last game... thinkin' i'll just stay away from the spread and play the OVER... so...

MEM 1st half
    ATL +?
    OKC/MIN ov 194
    Last edited by wangichu; 11-28-08 at 03:32 AM.

wangichu

i'm also leaning N.O. 1st half... on back to backs with a good comeback win last night after the nuggs came out hot in the 4th... added to that, i expect portland to come out sluggish after that blowout win against miami. Portland should come in a little complacent and overconfident, while the horny's should come out hot tomorrow night, running on the adrenaline of that quality road win.

NO 1st half +2(?)

kinda liking your golden state (wishing i had pulled the trigger in boston rather than pussin' out) and probably the pistons too... as for the heat, i'm still not comfortable with them... 8.5 does seem a little softer than i would have thought)
    Last edited by wangichu; 11-28-08 at 03:48 AM.

cocknocker

wang, the Warriorsar in a great position to cover without having won a single game on this road trip. We'll just see.

At any rate, here's what I am playing in college football today

Pittsburgh+3
    Ohio U -1.5
    Mississippi -18.5
    Boise State -21

Only $250 apiece gentlemen. I think that I will be playing basketball with the same amounts today, so I will be going light tonight. Don't want to mes up the money that I made off of the Cleveland team total vs new York and my PC Play money yesterday with the Eagles. I am SET for Christmas.

cocknocker

Fresh lines are out, and Golden State spread has gone down to 11.5, Miami's line went down to 8, and Detroit's line is 9, which is lower than I anticipated, which means that I absolutely love this play. As far as Style's plays are concerned, Utah went up to 11 from 10.5, and Charlotte is pegged at +7.5

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

love the plays today CK lets have another big money making day for us today, some strong trends to support the plays, at work right now unfortunatly but market closes at 1 today so will post later

maddogmadden86

hey CK what do you think about the raptors the favorite is 7-0 in last 7 meetings
    and home team is 5-2 last 7 meetings

maddogmadden86

Bobcats- 6-01 ATS last 7 meetings in indiana
    cats- 11-3 ATS last 14 meetings
    underdog- 10-4 last 14 meetings

Heat- 9-4 ATS last 13 meetings
    Underdog- 4-1 ATS last 5 meetings

UTah- home team 5-0 last 5 meetings

Golden sTate- road team 4-1 ATS last 5 meetings
    Underdog 5-1 ATS last 6 meetings

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wangichu View Post
    actually... i didn't remember that MIN and OKC had played before... last time the total was 189 and they went well under... and what does vegas do for the next meeting in the same place? drop a total 5 points higher... sounds like this is going to be the shootout version of the last game... thinkin' i'll just stay away from the spread and play the OVER... so...

MEM 1st half
    ATL +?
    OKC/MIN ov 194
    Where in Vegas did they drop a whole 5 points higher in this game? If I saw correctly, 5 Dimes had the totals only move up .5 points.
    They last played Nov 2 in the same venue ( like you said),
    and the Books dropped the total 4 points down but that game featured 2 teams coming off DD loses and back-back games. Neither team could muster 90 points in the first games of their back-back. The T-Wolves are scoring much better lately (minus that game vs Boston). Over is definitely worth looking at. GL

wangichu

Quote Originally Posted by JAHgger4noz View Post
    Where in Vegas did they drop a whole 5 points higher in this game? If I saw correctly, 5 Dimes had the totals only move up .5 points.
    They last played Nov 2 in the same venue ( like you said),
    and the Books dropped the total 4 points down but that game featured 2 teams coming off DD loses and back-back games. Neither team could muster 90 points in the first games of their back-back. The T-Wolves are scoring much better lately (minus that game vs Boston). Over is definitely worth looking at. GL
    THE O/U they put out for this game was 5 points higher than it was (finished at least) in the last game... (194 vs 189)... that's what i was saying.... after an under hit once, the o/u still came out higher rather than adjusting at a lower number... that, along with the fact that ...

and i'm on GS CK... kinda reminds me of when WAS went roadtripping last year without caron and antonio daniels... even though they were shorthanded they covered like 4 of 5 as they desparately searched for a win.

what's your input on my other thoughts? anything you support or discourage... need to research them a little probably, but so far i like them.

BrandonLaz
    Update your status
    BrandonLaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Well CK I really like your plays tonight. I didn't have time to do any research and find some plays I wanted to go on tonight so I am just rolling with what you have. You should be happy about that I have never in the 10 years of sports betting ever taken someone else's plays and used them. Anyway I hope they all hit tonight since I threw them into a 5 team teaser as well.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    First of all, I have to look at the teams that got blown out recently, which includes the Heat. They got blown off the floor by Portland in their last game enough that I had to look for them in their next game immediately, and in this game they play the Suns, who used to blow teams out at home, but are horrible at home this year and getting spreads that were ideal when they were a run and gun team. I'll take my chances with the Heat getting a scrub team spread against the Suns. Miami is 3-1 ats against them in their last three games regardless of the venue, and I look for that trend to continue as that is too many points to give the Heat.
    Liking the Miami pick. I'm not impressed with Phoenix this year at all. Marion is returning tonight as well and I'm sure he'll want to play well vs his former teammates.
    Last edited by The_Kid; 11-28-08 at 02:52 PM.

cocknocker

Wang, i like the Raptors better in that game, because they are the home team and have not covered in years, lol! Seattle and Minny will go over, and you are correct on that call. Memphis 1st half? San Antonio is usually ahead 50.4 to 46 when tey play Minnesota.... it's cutting it close, but i give the slight edge to Minnesota. But you do not have my blessng on that one. I can't bet against the Spurs right now.They are hot and even more under the radar than the Bucks

cocknocker

The Missus is laying off of Utah minus the chalk tonight, but she is still playing Charlotte, buying a hook and playing it at +8. She doesn't want to lose any of her PC money, which I told her was a bad idea. It's always good to end the week on a high note when playing a big play and cashing in.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

2 strong plays:

Michigan St. -6.5

Rhode Island -1

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

CK, in my opinion Timberwolves should destroy pathetic thunder tonight. In the way, this is a huge revenge game for the wolves.
    Last edited by pronk; 11-28-08 at 04:19 PM.

wangichu

yeah i'm totally off the hawks... everything about that game screams raptors at me... public on the hawks... the fact that toronto hasn't covered at hom in years like you said and this is one of their lowest spreads yet... plus they owe the hawks a whoopin from earlier in the year... i may just play the raptors, but i think i'd be best to lay off that game... tomorrow i will pounce the hawks though as them and the wiz always cover on the road (including the wiz earlier this year)...

adding to the memphis thing... for one, it's revenge for them after earlier in the year, and two the whole spurs at home thing is one of those statistic trancendent things... they just play to the competition in the first half, whomever it is, then outright dominate the second half... add to that your stats i really like memphis first half.... i am going to hit that O/U and GS, and i think i will jump the pistons to give the bucks a dose of reality...

so i think my final card will be

MEM +5.5 1st half
    OKC/MIN ov 194
    GS +12 (buy it back)
    NO +3 1st half
    DET -9

kick ass... BOL everyone, it's work time for me

cocknocker

Thanks pronk. I like the Rhode island since it is against inferior competition. I think that Oklahoma State is tougher competition for Michigan State. i am not a big fan of Big10 basketball, as they seem to waver in the crunch in years past. But hell i am not supposed to be betting college yet anyway. I will just following your lead until January or so. That's when I know how to handicap the games. In other words, I really like it once the teams have gone into their conference schedule. I love Villanova whenever they get points in the Big East!

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golden State +11.5
    New Orleans +1.5 1Q
    Oklahoma State +3.5 1H

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey CK, 3 for 4 so far in college football, nice...... good card tonight.
    Great trends in favor of GS, underdog 5-1ats and road team 4-1ats head to head, with 64% on Clev line dropped from -12 to -11.5.

Not sure if anyone is on NHL, but Dallas stars looks good versus San Jose. Home team is 4-1ats last 5 head to head. San Jose has won 5 straight games with their last going into OT against the blackhawks. Dallas has lost 3 straight games at home and rallied to come back and defeat Minnesota late in the 2nd period down 3-1 and win 4-3. I seem them taking this confidence and building on it to turn their poor home record around.

Let's get us some moooola!

BigMoneyMan
    BigMoneyMan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Real quick and I will be back. I like GS tonight in The early games. GS is on a long road trip and hasn't won yet, they will show up. Also Cleveland has been killing teams but look who they have played.

cocknocker

Man, I have the Warriors+650 on the moneyline too! What a payday if it works out. I bought the hook and am playing them at +12. I am waiting for right up until gametime to take the Heat and Pistons so I don't have my final number yet

cocknocker

I put a hook onto Miami and played them at +8.5, and I played detroit at -9, although I am not happy with the movement. But since i gave advice for Detroit and a lot of people (1500 viewers or so a day to the thread) then i will take them anyway and burn right along with the rest of us. I thought that the Pistons would go up on their spread, but it is a no go on that.

cocknocker

Thanks, pronk,

I got that Rhode Island money ($250.00 which apparently is going to be my standard wager today with so many games to play), and I never would have even known about it had you not let me know. Keep on bringing the heat. I need that college basketball help until the teams go into conference play!

Kudos

cocknocker

Oh the Warriors are screwing around, but the Missus pick is looking good. Detroit is looking good, and Miami is doing well too. With +8.5, I like my hances on that one, but the Warriors have to pick up the pace a little. New York is team turmoil. So if the Warriors find a way to cover in this game, then i will have to fade them and take the Knicks tomorrow if the spread is right. They are due for a win and the Warriors will be tired from playing the Cavs tonight, as the Knicks can speak on, after playing the Cavs, they got lown out against the Pistons the next game. I expect the same thign to appen to the Warriors if they find a way to cover in this game tonight. The Cavsare a beast in the East, and they are proving it tonight.

BrandonLaz
    Update your status
    BrandonLaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Very true I hope the play covers it still has a shot due to the huge lead that Cavs have. It could mean we see their bench a lot and normally a lot of the starters will stay in for the losing team so that is a good sign on a possible backdoor cover.

BigMoneyMan

Portland BIG 2 maybe 3 units minimum! I also like Dallas 1st half.
    Last edited by BigMoneyMan; 11-28-08 at 08:33 PM.

chipper8888
    chipper8888's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just got back from the Raps game - stay away until O'neil is healthy

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

raps are so lucky to have bosh, he is such a bad ass

that team sucks

cocknocker

Styles is looking good with the Charlotte pick! Hope you boys jumped on it! It is a winner. Golden State pee-pee'd on my money, but Detroit did their things and so did Miami. Rhode island cashed the ticket (thanks pronk)All of my college football plays were solid, so overall it was a wonderful day! See you guys on the thread for tomorrow!

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Styles is looking good with the Charlotte pick! Hope you boys jumped on it! It is a winner. Golden State pee-pee'd on my money, but Detroit did their things and so did Miami. Rhode island cashed the ticket (thanks pronk)All of my college football plays were solid, so overall it was a wonderful day! See you guys on the thread for tomorrow!
    Great day, CK! Looks like Utah is doing their thing too... after obliterating the Kings in the 3Q.

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

CK, you are absolutely on fire. I don't know how you do it, but keep it up!

BigMoneyMan

Everyone better take LA in the second half if Dallas is up which it looks like they will be. Oh yeah thats how you do it!! Giving up 6.5 in the first hope everyone got some!

BigMoneyMan

3 on Portland. 1 on first half Dallas 1 on second half Lakers barring a meltdown. 5 large gentlemen. 4 for the day wit the GS loss.

12 Last