Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 6/8

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Illusion

In case you miss it when the game draws closer, this was the opening line I saw at Pinnacle:

Thu 6/8 501 Miami Heat +4.5 -102 +194 OVER 194 -105
    06:00 PM 502 Dallas Mavericks -4.5 -108 -214 UNDER 194 -105

Illusion

I'm going over numbers now, but at first glance the over is jumping out at me. Do you guys have any thoughts on the total?

Illusion

I really think the over will move, so if you like it as much as I do put your money on it now.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I'm taking the under.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wade and Payton miss Heat practice with illnesses today:

MIAMI (AP) -With the start of the NBA finals drawing closer, the Miami Heat practiced Monday without guards Dwyane Wade and Gary Payton because of illness.

Wade was with the team for pre-practice meetings Monday before leaving to see a physician because of a flu-like virus that he's been fighting since Friday.

He was briefly hospitalized hours before Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals because of dehydration, but played and scored 14 points in the win over Detroit.

``He's fine. We sent him back to the doctor to get some more medication,'' Heat coach Pat Riley said. ``Another checkup. ... We feel like he'll be OK.''

Riley said the flu wasn't affecting any other member of the team, ``just Dwyane.''

On Sunday, Wade said he was feeling better, but still trying to push fluids. He needed several intravenous fluid bags during the day Friday, and got another IV at halftime of Game 6 against the Pistons - delaying his arrival for the second half, which was 2 1/2 minutes old by the time he emerged from the locker room.

Payton went home suffering from a migraine headache. He reported in the morning and conferred with the team's medical staff before departing.

``He'll be fine,'' Riley said.

The Heat practiced at home Monday and plan to do so again Tuesday before flying to Dallas. They'll work out there Wednesday, then open the NBA finals against the Mavericks on Thursday night.

Heat center Shaquille O'Neal said the team isn't concerned, insisting that he's confident Wade and Payton will be ready for Game 1.

``We've still got three days left,'' O'Neal said after Monday's practice. ``Guys are getting rest and they're getting a lot of fluids.''

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i felt miami was playing closest to it's peak out of anybody so my 1st opinion was they were gonna win

i checked their 2 meetings this year and miami got punked hard

don't want to put too much into what could have been a no show game but can't ignore it either

shaq is the key, if he does not dominate then the heat are in trouble, he seems motivated but i gotta figure avery is gonnna want him in foul trouble

still leanin miami but i think the coaches are gonna have a big impact in the series

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I still like the Mavs in 6 or 7 games. I will be taking the under in every game.