cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for 11/16/08

Before I give my pick, I wanted to elaborate on my response to an emailed question by a CK Mafia person, a college kid, at a major university. The question went like, "CK I know from the Covers.com threads that you have been doing this exclusively since 2003. I would like to know what is your method for money management? Ordinarily I wouldn't give this information out as it is always subject to ridicule when you share your secrets for success and others can't beleive that it's as easy a stated and give their opinions after using virtual and not real money.

Mickster22 of Covers couldn't believe me when I told him how simple the formula is, once he applied it, he was like, "This is too easy!" BigMoney feels that I shouldn't always share the trade secrets that I know with the public. The PC Boys are now feeding their families off of what I do. But I feel otherwise, because i feel that the books have made enough money off of the common man over the years (with referees and such) that the common man needs a trade secret or two of his own too.

Here's my method of money management, uncut. it is foolproof and you will always be able to ride out losing streaks with no sweat. Wangichu, you already know this too, so your ass should just go the end of this post and read my pick.

Recipe: There are two steps. If you don't have the coin to have the starter cash, then I suggest you do the following from May through October to do so. Then you can start the program a year from now.

A vast majority of books offer prop bets. My favorite one is the prop for a run to score in the first inning, which is almost always offered at positive money (+100 or better), where the is book paying you to make the wager.

Bankroll an account with $4000.00 in April, with the juice applied for joining prior to baseball season. I don't care if you have to sell your car, start doing horticulture experiments, whatever. You must have 4 dimes to start off with, because there are times in the first month where you may get down to $1500.00, so you need a cushion. Lay off of this money until May 1st.

Take the $4000.00 open an account with a reputed book ( I use Greek.com, Linesmaker and Betus). You will need to use this as a seperate account from anything else that you wager on. Play the prop for every single college and professional baseball game for a run to score in the first inning, with no regard for location, weather, pitching matchup, or injuries for the entire baseball year. You just do it blindly with absolutely no homework involved. Wager only $100.00 on each and every game, or the vigorish invlolved to get a $100.00 payout. For televised games you double up through the third inning onlyfor a run to be scored you can only do this on Betus live betting or any book that has live betting) If a run has not scored by the third inning then just take the loss as a man and pour yourself a drink and sit your ass down. But usually in televised games the tripling up method will make you oodles of cash while just sitting around with your family. You start with your standard $100.00 bet. In the second inning you bet $200.00 that a run will score. In the third inning you bet $400.00 that a run will score.

STOP! Warning!

You must not pull a dime from this account at all. You are to use this accouont until the end of the season unmolested, no matter how much money you see in it.

When you get to August, you will have enough money to start making $200.00 wagers. This is important because the pennant race will be in full effect, and 1st inning runs are common place.

This is what my record looked like this year (2008 season)in MLB (I am not including the college numbers for a reason)only from May through September. When i get to the playoffs you will become a believer.

May 230 wins, 193 losses
    June 217 wins, 192 losses
    July168 wins, 180 losses
    August 240 wins 183 losses *$200.00 a game
    September 216 wns, 160 losses *$200.00 a game
    MLB Playoffs 30-3 from 9/30/08 to 10/29/08 with tripling up thru 3 inning* starting with $200.00 a game.

If anyone doesn't believe the playoff record, ask Mickster22 from Covers about it, and he will tell you how I silently killed the books on this play alone, doing it on three books.

Okay now that you have around $6200.00 in May and June combined, $5700.00 for July a dip of $1200.00, $11,400.00 August (with $200.00 bets now), $11,200.00 in September and for the playoffs I made $7000.00 with doubling and tripling up involved.

Live betting numbers through that same time period 45-18, a profit of $3300.00 with doubling and tripling up involved.

You should come up with a total of $43,600.00 Now mind you, it is customary that the lines will be +money or positive money. I would say that over 85% of the wagers that I make of this style are the kind where the book pays for your vigosrish. So usually i make wagers at +120 or so on average, whcih makes the $43,600.00 more than that. I am just doing it with bland numbers to answer the question.

After the baseball year has ended fully, you now use this account fund the rest of your other two accounts, and keep a solid $4000.00 in it. Keep tabs on that book until they offer a reload juice program. When they offer the reload juice program ( say around football start time for 30% bonus or 50 bonus) yo simply pull your money out (withdraw it), wait a few days and then put it back in with the juice. Remember that this is your baseball account, so make a wager for $50.00only per week to keep the administartor off of your back for harboring their money until baseball gets back intofull swing. you may end up with $6000.00 or so with the juice involved, so keep savings in mind. But don't molest this money.

Now I am going to stop and say something that will blow most of you away, except the Covers rejects (lik myself) that already know what I do. This is how you ride out cold streaks.

I keep a seperate account with Linesmaker.com with which I make it a habit to make a blind fade wager of my own personal pick of 10% of my actual wager, and if i I am taking a favorite, I also make a wager on the dog of $25 on the moneyline for the dog. I do not touch this money until it either runs out (which is a great thing, because it means that I have been doing well) or the end of a 3 month interval, (mostly because it takes 1 month to get your money from Linesmaker). I call this sweetener money around the home, because i use it for the small things, shoes for the kids, or new tires, etc. It is a good practice to keep a blind fade account, because you can ride out bad streaks. I suggest starting your fade account with 2 to 3 dimes.

So now you have a main account, a baseball (savings) account and now for the third account. Now I know of a system that pays great dividends, and without going to deep off into it, I am an avid fan of out of conference plays with the 3 point buy system of wagering. It is an old practice but, someone has packaged and sold it, and most people now refer to it as his creation. I do not publicize those plays, but I make a killing off of them. This account is my withdrawal account. I make withdrawals from this account 2 times a month on average. So now that's three ways of having steady income. I recommend starting this account with no less than $8000.00 to $10.000 for the size of wagers you will make. You will have to regularly put up $1700.00 to make a dime. Baseball wagerers should have no problem with the amount of these bets, because baseball wagerers customarily pay big vigorish.

Money management with the NBA is best utilized when you chase wager with one to two particular teams that has a history of not and usually losing more than 3-4 games in a row ats, as well as cross conference plays. My wife, known to the CK Mafia as "Stylistic" has chosen to apply this method of wagering, this year for instance with the Charlotte Bobcats, New Orleans Hornets, Utah Jazz and Milwaukee Bucks. She has chosen to specialize with those four teams only exclusively, and she has an uncanny knack of knowing when they will lose ats and when they will win/cover ats. She reads their local newspapers, press clippings, etc. For some reason, as my understudy, she has figured out NBA handicapping much quicker than anyone I have ever seen since i was doing this. I guess that she was listening better than I thought to me and the PC Boys.

I never recommend that a person wager more than 10% of their 3rd account money on a wager unless wagering a 2nd half bet on a home team on Friday through Sunday down by more than 16 points at halftime. A sharp wagerer keeps no less than 3 books cooking at all times. A main, a fade and a savings (baseball prop account made cler earlier)

Enough about me. i hope that this has answered the question of the CK Mafia member and provided my extended family with a blue print of how to make money wagering without having to work for another person.

Monday leans

Clippers+ whatever The Spurs w/b tired and favored by too much

Suns 1st half

Utah is playing their 1st game at home after a long 5 game road trip where they fizzled out miserably losing 4 out of 5 games ats. Moreover, they are playing a 6th game over a period of 9 days with only one days rest after flying back from Cleveland. Phoenix is hot off of their blowout win against the Pistons and will have the carry over effect working in their favor, as well as Mehmet okur coming back from dealing with a family ilness, which will throw off the synergy of the Jazz by trying to mix back in his minutes along with Darren Williams re-mixed minutes as well ashe continues working his way back ito the fold.

As far as the game,if the Suns are favored, it must match the -6 when they ae usually favored in Salt Lake.

If the Jazz are favored, it must be by 4 or so, which is the average usual number when they are favored at home against the Suns.

Alright, Wangichu ( I asked that you fast forward),

So far

Clippers+5.5 (projected, the average Spur line in LA)
    Suns 1st half+1.5 (projected)
    Last edited by cocknocker; 11-16-08 at 10:41 PM.

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow... that clips line was a bit of a surprise... pretty soon here it's gonna be time to pound the spurs for being over compensated for... still on that -2? does seem like a good way of getting the public money off the clips. I was going to play the jazz, but i think you've sold me on the suns in the first. who knows, maybe i'll take some first half winnings to drop on the jazz in the second if they're down.

i almost think now might be the time to play the spurs, just like last night, but what i really think is that they can ride some momentum into a first half lead against a weak home team. Spurs 1st half has been 3 or 4 on the road i think it's a pair of half time wagers for me tonight

PHO half
    SA half
    Last edited by wangichu; 11-17-08 at 04:27 AM.

cocknocker

Linemaker adjustment alert!

In response to the Clippers/Spurs going under 9 out the last 10 games in Tinsletown,the linemaker has come up with a solution for this game, and made the totals line 177 instead of the usual 182. If you take away a 124-125 barn burner in 2005, the teams game scores actually average 175.5, so it is easy to see where he got the ridiculouly low totals number in this game from. No use in trying to get a "karma" read on this game as they haven't had a contest in LA against each other in the month of November since prior to 2003.

The Spurs have gone under the total 6 out of their last 7 games, so it is obvious that Coach Popovich, is tinkering with the tempo since parker went down with the ankle injury. They have only allowed their opponents to score 81 points per game since the injury, and are 4-0 under in that span.

And these wins have been ugly, trust me.

How have they been able to do it? Well as I wrote earlier they are controlling the tempo, walking the ball up the court and pounding it inside to Duncan and passing it back out to wide open shooters. Check this out. San Antonio is number 2 in the NBA in te least amount of turnovers per game at 10.6 and a sick 19.6 assists to go along with that stat. Converseley, the Clips average 19 assists to but 15.2 turnovers per game, which is bad. Want more? The Clippers are 2nd to last in the NBA in field goal percentage at only 41% and second from last in free throw percentage shooting a lukewarm 72.6%.

The Clippers have gone over the total 4 out of their last 5 games, however on the season against good defensive clubs Houston, Utah and the Lakers they are a perfect 4-0 to the under.

I am not liking the Clippers as a favorite in this matchup. That doesn't mix well with me, especially when according to my rescoring model they should be a 5 point dog. So I am taking this game off of my board with respect to the side for tomorrow's action, and instead looking more at taking the under, as the tendencies of the Clippers fall right into the wheel house of the Spurs "under" machine.

I will watch and see if the public will pound the over and drive the line up, and then I will take the under as long as the number doesn't go above 182. I would like to see the public line at 80% or so on the over.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice read.. I was also like the under my self.

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

As usual, thank you for the information Ck! Great write up!

cocknocker

Everytime that an over/under line has been 180 anything between the Rockets and the Thunder, the game has always gone over. My rescoring model has the game set to have 188 points scored, which is more than the line of 183 set for this game. With 51% of bettors on the under, it is obvious that the public will drink the under kool aid of the Rockets. If I see the public line rise above 60% for the under then i will make a play for the

over 183 Rockets/Thunder.

leopoldim86
    leopoldim86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Thanks CK, I just graduated from College wit Maddog actually and you have helped me get through some tough times...no 1 is betta then you man

cocknocker

I am getting the kind of movement on the over for the Rockets/Thunder under as the public is at 58% on the under among bettors, and the line is now 183.5, which a slight, but still a reverse movement.

The public has gone up to 60% for the over on the San Antonio/Clips game, and the line went from 177 to 175.5 on some books, which again is a slight yet reverese movement.

So my plays are shaping up to be

Phoenix+1 1st half
    Rockets/Thunder over 183
    Spurs/Clips under 177

That was how the numbers appared when I first saw them, so I will make sure that they stay that way even if I have to buy it back to it's original state

MrMannix
    Hey, hey, what da ya say!
    MrMannix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1779

Great info. Thanks- gotta stand on the shoulders of giants! GL

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Bunch of fluffers in here...

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Bunch of fluffers in here...
    great point!!! thanks for dropping by
    Last edited by wangichu; 11-17-08 at 05:46 PM.

maddogmadden86
    maddogmadden86's Avatar Become A Pro!

hahahahahha a bunch of fluffers thats a good one im defiantly going to use that in the future but ona side note if you dont like what you see kid dont post this is primarily for CK mafia only son! Also CK i instead of having to lay teh juice on the totals what do you think about teasing the two together?

maddogmadden86

hey ck weres bigmoney at

cocknocker

Teasing them would really give you an outstanding edge on hittingboth, although i hate teasers, but it is an effective way to get 4 extra points. I like teasers in football.

cocknocker

BigMoney is busy with some of the real estate work that is going on in Florida right now. he'll be back on here possibly Wednesday or so.

tbond10
    tbond10's Avatar Become A Pro!

tailed...

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    I am getting the kind of movement on the over for the Rockets/Thunder under as the public is at 58% on the under among bettors, and the line is now 183.5, which a slight, but still a reverse movement.

The public has gone up to 60% for the over on the San Antonio/Clips game, and the line went from 177 to 175.5 on some books, which again is a slight yet reverese movement.

So my plays are shaping up to be

Phoenix+1 1st half
    Rockets/Thunder over 183
    Spurs/Clips under 177

That was how the numbers appared when I first saw them, so I will make sure that they stay that way even if I have to buy it back to it's original state

Where can you view the line movement regarding totals?

Love reading your analysis every day CN. Keep it up

cocknocker

The Kid,

I use Sportinsights, and Las Vegas experts.com for line movement information

maddogmadden86

hey CK when can we expect the presence of Knightridah i miss my boy
    Last edited by maddogmadden86; 11-17-08 at 07:53 PM.

Alex68
    Alex68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Thanks for all your hard works as always. Hope we have a better week this week.

maddogmadden86

damn missed the over on the houston thunder game damn girl called me and made me lose track of time feal good about the other two lets cash these tickets and do work tonight
    Last edited by maddogmadden86; 11-17-08 at 07:52 PM.

cocknocker

maddog, edit your last post so that you don't end up on the outside. I have learned that it is best to keep it clean although i always use the word off record around family and friends anyway. But he's been in Jamaica on a cruise, so i expect he'll be back anyday now. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see if he's back in town. He had to fly from Tennessee to Florida ust to board the ship, so I don't know if he's in transit or not. He may drive back for all that we know. It's a nice ride.

maddogmadden86

touche my man my bad, the last thing i want is to miss out on your cash cow of plays, i hear ya man about knightridah i thought he moved to vegas from tennesee he moved back i guess huh?

cocknocker

Phoenix lost the 1st half for me, but it is apparent that they will be in this game until the end. I am laying off of a 2nd half play on this because I took the Bills in the 2nd half

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call Ck on the over and unders. Awesome!

y2kls1a4
    y2kls1a4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ck, do you use this method every year or did you just do it last year?

cocknocker

y2kls1a4

You have the toughest name to type! But i have used it for a while, and it is flawless. you can fund all of your other accounts with the money gained from this style of wagering. 1st inning run score wagers are the easiest way that I know of to make consistent money in any sport.

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

would be fun to try that method out for another sport as well see what it ends up as