TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

It's the NBA, who cares. Fold, move, whatever.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    It's the NBA, who cares. Fold, move, whatever.
    Could it be...maybe...that there are actual NBA fans in this forum?

gasp, no. that couldn't be.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

obviously this isnt happening
    can u imagine deron williams having a dinner in france with him, his wife, kids and his translator?
    hahaha, no

Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

You know, I host an NBA radio show (click the link ) and we discussed how bad it is for the NBA that their players can go to Europe. I said that it was actually good because they are able to promote their sports talents while getting the finical situation under control. If they stay though, that throws a curve ball lol.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Make 10x more than the 5 mil a year hes been offered by Turkey, yea right

Deron gets paid 18 mil a year to dribble a ball and fukin thinks he is UNDERPAID!!!!

His solution is to go to a market no one cares about and play permanently for 5 million a year

The average IQ of NBA stars must be in the single digits or Deron is the worst bluffer in the world
    well hes playing in turkey not the highest of all overseas basketball. Hes making 5 million dollars which is more like 15 million for the cost of living in turkey. He has his own personal driver paid house personal trainer all inclusive. Not to mention the turkey team isnt going to invest much more because it might not even be a one year deal. If overseas basketball gets better the possibilities are endless because everyone wants to see the best possible product and thats the NBA but if it ends up being in turkey the options are limitless

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

This won't happen, the players would have to sell their homes and move. Which is too much effort.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Lots of ignorance in this thread.

A) there is 100% a market in Europe for big name players along with the money and fame to go with it. Sorry boys but there's plenty of money and endorsement deals outside of the states. In fact id venture to say more since it could be a chance for us companies to penetrate new markets.

B) euro vs us dollar...what ya got. Again tough break boys. We aren't at our best right now.

C) there arent tons of American guys playing Japanese baseball but the ones that are have made a huge difference. If tuffy rhodes can make that big of an impact I'm sure deron Williams can too.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

if the games ge on american tv anything is possible

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Lots of ignorance in this thread.
    you can say that about most threads on these forums

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post

you can say that about most threads on these forums

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The best players aren't going to play in Europe for lesser money. It's the players who are making 3-4 mil in the NBA who can go to Europe and make 2mil and be all-stars who could possibly move for good.... very few though.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I hope its true, and then the NBA collapses, and it comes back 5-10 years later where they play real basketball and not street ball stars.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Possibly temporarily but it's hard to imagine them taking those leagues over the NBA

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I hope its true, and then the NBA collapses, and it comes back 5-10 years later where they play real basketball and not street ball stars.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

i don't think they can do this anyway because the contracts most of these guys are under ultimately won't allow them to. the josh childress case seems to prove this, but i don't understand 100% how this shit works because i think he left while under contract with the hawks, signed a new contract with The Greek team, then was traded under his hawks contract and had to come pack to play for phoenix. i'm sure someone else could elaborate on this, but i'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    That remains to be seen because I don't know of many people "who don't care" that takes the time out of their life to write in a NBA thread during the off-season...
    I really don't care. Its not like when baseball did it, and there wasn't anything else to watch during the week. There are too many options out there. I probably watched 2 full playoff games this last year, so no great loss.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post

I really don't care. Its not like when baseball did it, and there wasn't anything else to watch during the week. There are too many options out there. I probably watched 2 full playoff games this last year, so no great loss.
    Not for nothing but NBA playoff ratings were thru the roof this year

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Most European sports teams are now owned by Arab and Russian oligarchs who run their teams at a huge loss just so they can say they won at something. In soccer, UEFA had to institute a rule requiring teams to try to make a profit to stop this.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

This will never happen

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

this will never happen, but god i hope it does, fck the nba and stern

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Disgruntled fukk..

I thought you were "well off"??

I don't see anybody complaint at laker games.....

Why don't the owners open up their books??? Because they are greedy trust fund babies....

Owning a team is supposed to be like a trophy, not a ATM.
    I wouldn't spend $5 for a front-row seat at a Laker game let alone $5,000 as watching those smelly players drip sweat all over the court is not my cup of tea.

However, there are many hard-working middle class people who do enjoy going to basketball games that have been "priced out" and can no longer afford it. Also, 25 out of the 30 owners are losing money with their franchises.

The owners are NOT the problem. Its the NBA players and their union being TOO DAMN GREEDY. They already make the majority of revenue in player salaries and are constantly demanding more. I just assume the players fight and extend the lockout for as long as possible. Let them spread themselves out all over the world and heres hoping they never return.
    And keep my name out of your mouth old man.
    Hmmm, let me think about that, I'LL PASS:

KING MAYAN (NICE AND BRIGHT JUST FOR YOU), I can't remember the last time you posted where you didn't drop an "F" bomb and you even do it in multiple languages.

Its no surprise that you have FAILED MISERABLY in every single thing you have ever set out to accomplish. Nobody in their right mind would ever want anything to do with someone like yourself and this includes the NBA players you worship.

Heres hoping the NBA lockout lasts 10 years.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

you whiny lil girl....

I actually don't watch NBA, but I do hate fukkfaces that think they know everything(like yourself).....

Stop hating the players, I know they fukk them white ho's, so you hate...... You'll get a fat girl(2 fat asses together) one of these days and will finally stop bitching in a gambling forum.....

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

No American players would go overseas for good. The NBA is the top basketball league in the world and they pay the most money. Also, the players will hate it when they get their paycheck and 70% was already taken out for taxes.

KingDave101
    KingDave101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most basketball fans can't even name 5 international players who have never played in the NBA. If players want to secure any type of legacy, the NBA is the only place for them.

Then again, I can see some superstars leaving. Maybe Lebron can actually win some sort of title in Europe.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

LET THE NIGERIANS IN THE NBA GO OVER TO ISRAEL AND DRIBBLE A BALL DONT WORRY BOYS THE JEWS WILL GET SICK OF THESE THUGS WHEN THEY SEE THE CRIME RATE RISE AND THE BIRTH RATE RISING.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO END THE STRIKE IN THE NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION SEND THEM ALL TO ISRAEL AND LET THEM SLEEP WITH JEWISH WOMEN MAN THESE F-CKING GUYS WILL BE RUNNING BACK TO THE NBA JUST TO GET AWAY FROM THESE JEWISH BROADS COULD YOU IMAGINE JEWS LIKE JOAN RIVERS AND HER DAUGHTER MELLISSA CHASING AROUND NBA PLAYERS IN ISRAEL MAN BELEIVE ME BOYS THESE OVERPAID JANITORS WOULD BE BACK IN A MONTH NOBODY WANTS A NAGGING JEWISH WOMEN AND HER MOTHER CHASING YOU DOWN.

WHATS A JEWISH WOMENS FAVORITE WHINE (I WANT TO GO TO FLORIDA)

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

NCAAB is more fun to watch anyway

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    LET THE NIGERIANS IN THE NBA GO OVER TO ISRAEL AND DRIBBLE A BALL DONT WORRY BOYS THE JEWS WILL GET SICK OF THESE THUGS WHEN THEY SEE THE CRIME RATE RISE AND THE BIRTH RATE RISING.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO END THE STRIKE IN THE NIGERIAN BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION SEND THEM ALL TO ISRAEL AND LET THEM SLEEP WITH JEWISH WOMEN MAN THESE F-CKING GUYS WILL BE RUNNING BACK TO THE NBA JUST TO GET AWAY FROM THESE JEWISH BROADS COULD YOU IMAGINE JEWS LIKE JOAN RIVERS AND HER DAUGHTER MELLISSA CHASING AROUND NBA PLAYERS IN ISRAEL MAN BELEIVE ME BOYS THESE OVERPAID JANITORS WOULD BE BACK IN A MONTH NOBODY WANTS A NAGGING JEWISH WOMEN AND HER MOTHER CHASING YOU DOWN.

WHATS A JEWISH WOMENS FAVORITE WHINE (I WANT TO GO TO FLORIDA)
    BTJ like always is still upset because the brothas run trains on his ugly ass wife.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by success View Post
    You would do the same thing if you would be in their place

You want me to accept a guaranteed $10 million instead of $15 million? Where do I sign?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

If Beckham can come to LA to play MLS, then why not?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Kobe or Lebron would get insane money to play in China next season.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

The problem a lot of people here dont get is the league is losing money. So the owners are therefore losing money. Which trickles down to the players which trickles down to the people who go to the games.

if it isnt the Lakers or the Heat most of these arenas are completely empty. The NBA is dramatically over rated. They market the league horribly, marketing the stars and individuals over the teams. Which if the trend continues with these super trios of players joining the same teams they might as well fold a third of the league up.

The NBA is almost in the same spot as the NHL was. if they want to stay in business they have to take drastic pay cuts. NBA does make a little more money than Hockey, but there are more players and they all make way more than hockey players do. Luke frigging Walton made 5 mil last year, and he played maybe 12 minutes total. Thats a joke. The 'superstars' are overpaid and that just brings up the salaries of the scrubs.

But the major problem of all this is that these people think there is actually money in the system, and that prices reflect a number that makes sense in regards to the over all economy. Which isnt even close to reality. Then you add in the agents,and lawyers, and posses, and illegitimate kids and baby mamas and ex wifes and these guys almost need to make that much just to break even.

Just another example of people not have a clue about reality or self responsibility.

I say cut everything in half right across the board. Salaries, ticket prices, concessions, and then get rid of half the agents out there and let people negotiate their own deals. Which would also mean simplifying the terms and maybe just standardizing most of them.

Basicaly it all comes down to everyone involved getting greedy and wanting their piece of the pie. These types of things used to be what government (federal, state, and local) workers used to take advantage of, now it is any institution that makes more money than it can keep track of.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Kobe or Lebron would get insane money to play in China next season.
    I wish ppl would quit focusing on the superstars of the sport, yes Kobe and Lebron will be fine lockout or no lockout, hell they would be fine if they never played basketball again. But the question is not about the superstars that have made 20+ mil a year plus huge endorsements for 10 years already its about the bench player for some team like the Timberwolves makin a million a year to play 5 mins a game. Do you think Turkey is going to pay him anywhere close to that to ride the pine in their country?

He may be riding the pine at Burger King if this doesnt get settled by November

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    Im just wondering how long lockout will take.
    i don't care

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    The problem a lot of people here dont get is the league is losing money. So the owners are therefore losing money. Which trickles down to the players which trickles down to the people who go to the games.

if it isnt the Lakers or the Heat most of these arenas are completely empty. The NBA is dramatically over rated. They market the league horribly, marketing the stars and individuals over the teams. Which if the trend continues with these super trios of players joining the same teams they might as well fold a third of the league up.

The NBA is almost in the same spot as the NHL was. if they want to stay in business they have to take drastic pay cuts. NBA does make a little more money than Hockey, but there are more players and they all make way more than hockey players do. Luke frigging Walton made 5 mil last year, and he played maybe 12 minutes total. Thats a joke. The 'superstars' are overpaid and that just brings up the salaries of the scrubs.

But the major problem of all this is that these people think there is actually money in the system, and that prices reflect a number that makes sense in regards to the over all economy. Which isnt even close to reality. Then you add in the agents,and lawyers, and posses, and illegitimate kids and baby mamas and ex wifes and these guys almost need to make that much just to break even.

Just another example of people not have a clue about reality or self responsibility.

I say cut everything in half right across the board. Salaries, ticket prices, concessions, and then get rid of half the agents out there and let people negotiate their own deals. Which would also mean simplifying the terms and maybe just standardizing most of them.

Basicaly it all comes down to everyone involved getting greedy and wanting their piece of the pie. These types of things used to be what government (federal, state, and local) workers used to take advantage of, now it is any institution that makes more money than it can keep track of.
    I agree with most of your post except about getting rid of the agents. The NBA would be better if the contracts weren't guaranteed like the NFL. Lots of fresh talent coming in and we wouldn't be forces to watch Derick Colemans and Vince Carters dog it for four years until he was in a contract year.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

if there was a hard cap, most of these problems would be solved

First 1234 Last