lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Lebron James Hate.....

Some of you members have wondered why some of us "hate" Lebron.. Hate is actually too strong of word for me. See, he is not important enough in my daily life too hate. The reason people dislike Lebron is he is absent ANY class or humility. Most champions posses a little of one or the other, but not Lebron. He is the "chosen one" without ever winning anything of any relevance. The self proclaimed KING. He is the one of the most arrogant super stars of my time if not the most arrogant. I have never heard of any other BIG time player refer to himself in the third person as often as he has in his career. No other players have there been made so many excuses for by his short comings. He has got many passes for his past failures, be it coaches or teammates. I could go on and on and on.. But bottomline is he lacks class or humility. Another thing I don't like is he doesn't work at his game. He is only good based on his talents. He has never earned anything. He has always been gifted and never has to earn it. He has not one skill other than his size and athletic ability and those 2 he was born with.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Wade...Lebron is a punk but I could never hate him the way I hate Wade.

karma is a bitch isn't it Wade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

The question is, where is TheThreeKings?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: kobefanatic

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

There are a few players in the NBA that I don't particularly care for, but you won't find me on here bashing them. It's takes too much time and energy to pay so much attention to someone you dislike... I live my own life, and I refuse to let them control it...

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I completely disagree with you. First off, he didn't proclaim himself King. He got that nickname in high school. Ever heard of the King James version of the Bible? I assume it came because of that. It wasn't his idea though.

Not once have I heard him seriously refer to himself in the 3rd person (see: Ozzie Smith and Rickey Henderson).

Are you denying that he hasn't had great teams and coaches around him? Cmon now. His best team was the Cavs team that lost to the Celtics, who were no slouch team.

It takes a TEAM to win, not just 1 guy. Or even 2 or 3. How did Jordan do before Pippen? Would Jordan still have dominated if he didn't have 1 of the greatest basketball minds ever in Tex Winter to teach him the triangle offense his 1st or 2nd year in the league? If he didn't have Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, etc etc etc?

Its funny that people worship a guy like Jordan, who is an egomaniac and all around prick, but Lebron gets crucified by everyone because he hasn't won a ring. How about Barkley? Stockton? Malone? Were they choke artists too? Do they get nicknames because they didn't win rings in their first 8 years like Lebron?

The hate for 1 guy, who for all intents and purposes is a good guy (no drunk driving arrests, never assaulted anyone, does tons for charity, etc etc), is baffling to me. And I'm a huge Boston sports fan, so don't bother calling me a Lebron nuthugger or anything. I am far from it. He gets so much undeserved hate though, I honestly feel a little bad for him.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I completely disagree with you. First off, he didn't proclaim himself King. He got that nickname in high school. Ever heard of the King James version of the Bible? I assume it came because of that. It wasn't his idea though.

Not once have I heard him seriously refer to himself in the 3rd person (see: Ozzie Smith and Rickey Henderson).

Are you denying that he hasn't had great teams and coaches around him? Cmon now. His best team was the Cavs team that lost to the Celtics, who were no slouch team.

It takes a TEAM to win, not just 1 guy. Or even 2 or 3. How did Jordan do before Pippen? Would Jordan still have dominated if he didn't have 1 of the greatest basketball minds ever in Tex Winter to teach him the triangle offense his 1st or 2nd year in the league? If he didn't have Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, etc etc etc?

Its funny that people worship a guy like Jordan, who is an egomaniac and all around prick, but Lebron gets crucified by everyone because he hasn't won a ring. How about Barkley? Stockton? Malone? Were they choke artists too? Do they get nicknames because they didn't win rings in their first 8 years like Lebron?

The hate for 1 guy, who for all intents and purposes is a good guy (no drunk driving arrests, never assaulted anyone, does tons for charity, etc etc), is baffling to me. And I'm a huge Boston sports fan, so don't bother calling me a Lebron nuthugger or anything. I am far from it. He gets so much undeserved hate though, I honestly feel a little bad for him.

If you do not see he lacks class or humility than I am sorry.

Don't know about Barkley, but Stockton and Malone had alot of class, humility and stayed with the same organization for yrs to try win a championship. They did not call up MJ and ask for a roster spot. Besides without MJ the Jazz would have won a championship.

Just a small thing, but at the end of the game last nite under 1 minute left he un tucked his jersey and had his shirt tail hanging out like a dress down low.. It looked bad and childish and no way to act for one of the "greatest" to ever play.

And if you do not see Lebron for a narcissist I am sorry. He is.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...s_game6_061111

Two years ago, an All-American college player told his coach that James called him and the young player didn’t recognize the number.
    “This is the King,” the voice said.
    The kid was like, “Huh?”
    “This is the King.”
    Uh, who?
    “King James.”
    Oh, right.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

Two years ago, an All-American college player told his coach that James called him and the young player didn’t recognize the number.
    The kid was like, “Huh?”
    “This is the King.”
    Uh, who?
    “King James.”
    Oh, right.

He's got a screw loose

I bet queen was calling Kyrie Irving

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was really shocked the way Miami didn't play this game out to the end and you could see they had all but given up in the final 2min, it made them look real bad. I can't say I don't agree with Lyon...LBJ needs to learn some humility and he's getting a heavy dose right now.

I can't see how anyone would disagree that Lebron has been coddled his whole basketball life and has been told he's the greatest for who knows how long by those around him. If you here something enough times eventually you will start to believe it. Lebron may have started off more humble, but I think he's lost any remnants of it in the last few years and he will continue to fail if he doesn't own up to it. As mature as he was coming out of HS, he's shown no progression and or even the willingness to progress.

For example, he refuses to work on and develop a post game. Why the hell would he not do that? He would own almost anyone, certainly positions 1-4 if he did that. Well it's simple, he's so caught up in his own hype that he doesn't think he needs to improve his game to that point. A "mature" player would take this and use it as a motivating factor to become better, not Lebron because he doesn't need to refine his game apparently.

It's not about hating Lebron as much as it is about seeing a very good player getting caught up in the hype and trying to be bigger than the moment and falling flat on his face. If Lebron would just shut his mouth put in work and let his game do the talking he would probably do more good than bad. Remember greatness can be measured more by how you react to failure rather than success and I don't think I've ever seen LBJ even remotely acknowledge any failures except the vanilla answers he feeds to the media.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    If you do not see he lacks class or humility than I am sorry.

Don't know about Barkley, but Stockton and Malone had alot of class, humility and stayed with the same organization for yrs to win a championship. They did not call up MJ and ask for a roster spot. Besides without MJ the Jazz would have won a championship.

Just a small thing, but at the end of the game last nite under 1 minute left he un tucked his jersey and had his shirt tail hanging out like a dress down low.. It looked bad and childish and no way to act for one of the "greatest" to ever play.

And if you do not see Lebron for a narcissist I am sorry. He is.
    Of course he's a narcissist... he's a professional athlete. Almost all of them are. They have to be to excel. Was Jordan a narcissist? And yet he's loved, while Lebron is hated.

So should KG and Ray Allen be hated? They left their teams to try to win a ring... plenty of guys who are egomaniacs have left their teams to try to win rings, and yet Lebron gets all the attention

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

The kid was like, “Huh?”
    “This is the King.”
    Uh, who?
    “King James.”
    Oh, right.
    This sounds legit

A guy who told a guy who told a guy.

Does anyone have anything to say about The Decision bringing millions to the Boys and Girls Club? Or was Lebron doing it for a tax writeoff?

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i trhink lebron is some1 that could have benefited from going to college. it doesnt seem like he has dealt with enuff pressure situations to know what to do. how to be a grownup, to be a true leader and teammate. but that is wrong in a sense because his performance against detroit a couple years back was unbelievable. plus he was pretty good against boston and the bulls. so its not like he hasnt done it before. its very very strange .............

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

This sounds legit A guy who told a guy who told a guy. Does anyone have anything to say about The Decision bringing millions to the Boys and Girls Club? Or was Lebron doing it for a tax writeoff?
    how about "KingJames" as twitter name http://twitter.com/#!/kingjames

how about "not 5 not 6 not 7"

how about

after a semi-finals win

keep on sucking Queen's puss

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    how about "KingJames" as twitter name http://twitter.com/#!/kingjames

how about "not 5 not 6 not 7"

how about

after a semi-finals win

keep on sucking Queen's puss
    So athletes aren't allowed to use their nicknames for their Twitter accounts now?

Not sure if you can read or not, but I said in this thread that I'm a Boston fan... I'm by no means a Lebron/Heat fan. That doesn't mean I'm going to hate him for no reason like everyone else is ok with.

The "not 5 not 6 not 7" thing- displaying confidence/drive/desire is now a bad thing? Jesus. I'm starting to think that none of you played sports competitively. You NEED that attitude, that confidence to succeed. Would you rather have a leader say "well I just hope we all play well, have fun, and see what happens", or one that says "we're gonna win, and we're gonna win often". Any athlete would choose guy #2.

The kneeling on the court thing was ridiculous, but enough to hate the guy? Please. Kobe raped a chick. Jason Kidd beat his wife. I know no one rly talks about him, but DeShawn Stevenson is a registered sex offender. And yet, its Lebron talked about as a choker, as a loser, etc.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Get off his rooster sir

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

So athletes aren't allowed to use their nicknames for their Twitter accounts now?
    haha are you delusional

First off, he didn't proclaim himself King.
    "King" for a winless puss is an acceptable "nickname" (understatement for $1000, Alex)? Didnt proclaim himself it, but uses it on a regular basis, so it's appropriate. Oh, I see now.

"not 5 not 6" is a show of pompous arrogance that is 100% baseless as a winless puss

Mistakes in Personal life done years ago <<<<<<< An arrogant, self-proclaimed King who is a winless puss and chokes

Last edited by Sunde91; 06-13-11 at 03:05 PM.

fjblair
    fjblair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Some of you members have wondered why some of us "hate" Lebron.. Hate is actually too strong of word for me. See, he is not important enough in my daily life too hate. The reason people dislike Lebron is he is absent ANY class or humility. Most champions posses a little of one or the other, but not Lebron. He is the "chosen one" without ever winning anything of any relevance. The self proclaimed KING. He is the one of the most arrogant super stars of my time if not the most arrogant. I have never heard of any other BIG time player refer to himself in the third person as often as he has in his career. No other players have there been made so many excuses for by his short comings. He has got many passes for his past failures, be it coaches or teammates. I could go on and on and on.. But bottomline is he lacks class or humility. Another thing I don't like is he doesn't work at his game. He is only good based on his talents. He has never earned anything. He has always been gifted and never has to earn it. He has not one skill other than his size and athletic ability and those 2 he was born with.
    Just how I feel about the "one".

Scorpion
    Update your status

LEBRON IS A DICK

rsnnh12

A lot of morons in here, I guess. So because he hasn't won a title yet, he should change the nickname given to him? Really? Are you that dense?

Try playing sports for once, rather than just watching and criticizing these athletes. MJ is still a pompous, arrogant asshat to this day, and I bet you still love him, right? ALL great athletes are like that. Some hide it better than others, some put on a face for better PR, but all great athletes are cocky. What do you think the "killer instinct" is? Its the drive to not only win the game, but demolish your opponent in the process. MJ made that famous, and yet we see Lebron criticized for trying to have that same attitude and confidence?

Conclusion- go try actually playing sports rather than sitting on your ass criticizing these guys... maybe you'll learn a thing or 2. Confidence/arrogance is a GOOD thing.

anticsd
    anticsd's Avatar Become A Pro!

confidence/arrogance is well deserved if you have titles to back it up. LBJ has no hunger for the win like MJ or Kobe, look at his stats playing the mavs this final it proves either
    1 - He chokes and can't man up at the moment.
    2 - Doesn't want Wade to get finals MVP.

Btw, have you ever seen a king with no rings? Just sayin...

Scorpion
    Update your status

"Lebron James is 26, looks 36, and sometimes acts like he is 16 years old"
    Skip Bayless

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by anticsd View Post
    confidence/arrogance is well deserved if you have titles to back it up. LBJ has no hunger for the win like MJ or Kobe, look at his stats playing the mavs this final it proves either
    1 - He chokes and can't man up at the moment.
    2 - Doesn't want Wade to get finals MVP.

Btw, have you ever seen a king with no rings? Just sayin...
    So MJ and Kobe were just assholes before they won? Is that what you're saying? And that once Lebron wins a ring, no one will have arrogance as an excuse to hate him?

What came first, the chicken or the egg? What came first, the arrogance/confidence or the titles? Part of what makes MJ and Kobe great IS that attitude, and it would've made them great regardless of how many titles they won. But for some reason, Lebron is hated for it. It took MJ what, 7 years to win his first title? And it wasn't until he had a great supporting cast... was he villified among the media/fans like LBJ is right now? Hell no. And MJ didn't even carry his team (with little/no help) to the finals like Lebron did in Cleveland.

I just don't understand the hate. If he wins a few rings, will it stop? Or will people hate just because its easy to hate on him?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

This sounds legit

A guy who told a guy who told a guy.

Does anyone have anything to say about The Decision bringing millions to the Boys and Girls Club? Or was Lebron doing it for a tax writeoff?
    So he did good by having money sent to the B&G club (although several million went to him as well) but he shits on Cleveland in the process. He could have wrote a check to the Boy's club and call it a day. He did that shit on purpose because he's an attention whore. He took his talents to South Beach??? There isn't a basketball arena in South Beach... Hello

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    So he did good by having money sent to the B&G club (although several million went to him as well) but he shits on Cleveland in the process. He could have wrote a check to the Boy's club and call it a day. He did that shit on purpose because he's an attention whore. He took his talents to South Beach??? There isn't a basketball arena in South Beach... Hello
    Got a link to him getting several million? As I understand it, all the advertising money generated from the special went to the Boys and Girls Club... why wouldn't he take that opportunity? Now if he writes a check, they'll still have that extra couple mil in donations. How is this a bad thing?

anticsd
    anticsd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron threw the boston game last season and didn't show up in the late quarter finals against the mavs. Its because in the eyes of the public he has the potential, look at his stats!! Granted MJ and Kobe was arrogant they STAYED WITH THEIR TEAM. Lebron joined a team with 2 superstars and STILL couldn't get a ring.

MJ and Kobes teams were built around them. The Cavs tried to build a team around James putting Shaq in the mix but that didn't work well either when James argued with his coach. So the outcome of the Cavs were Shaq into Celtics and Mike Brown fired because of him (Although I guess the Lakers job is better and he has LBJ to thank lol).

So the factors of James hate comes from:
    1 - Bitter Cav fans
    2 - The Decision (I'm from NY so that was a slap to the face)
    3 - Seeing a superstar with so much potential making stupid decisions on the court (YOU HAVE SUPERHUMAN SPEED AND STRENGTH FOR YOUR SIZE ATTACK THE GOD DAMN RIM AND DON'T ******* SETTLE FOR JUMPSHOTS!)
    4 - Joining a star studded cast and still fail
    5 - Being all flash with no substance (He has the skill, just no drive determination or respect for anyone but himself)

Once James gets a ring the hate will die down for sure, but some hate will still linger as some people will still hate kobe and jordan.

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Well, i think we can all start calling him "Queen James"...lol He's the Chosen One, like I am!!

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of morons in here, I guess. So because he hasn't won a title yet, he should change the nickname given to him? Really? Are you that dense? Try playing sports for once, rather than just watching and criticizing these athletes. MJ is still a pompous, arrogant asshat to this day, and I bet you still love him, right? ALL great athletes are like that. Some hide it better than others, some put on a face for better PR, but all great athletes are cocky. What do you think the "killer instinct" is? Its the drive to not only win the game, but demolish your opponent in the process. MJ made that famous, and yet we see Lebron criticized for trying to have that same attitude and confidence? Conclusion- go try actually playing sports rather than sitting on your ass criticizing these guys... maybe you'll learn a thing or 2. Confidence/arrogance is a GOOD thing.
    Lebron dosnt have that killer instinct , hes an arrogant ignorant scumbag there is a big difference. Killer instinct would have been finishing off your opponent off in the 4th instead of getting lost and chocking. D.rose is a humble guy, dirk is a humble guy and they dont forget where they came from. Lebron should take some lessons from these guys because he is the complete opposite. All that boys and girls club and donations are for publicity give me a break. Even look at what kobe does, that one night after the game he stayed in miami practicing his shots, thats determination and something i dont think you will ever see out of lebron, all he cares about is the fame and the money..

Mac4Lyfe

Got a link to him getting several million? As I understand it, all the advertising money generated from the special went to the Boys and Girls Club... why wouldn't he take that opportunity? Now if he writes a check, they'll still have that extra couple mil in donations. How is this a bad thing?
    I'm not saying that donating money to B&G clubs of America was a bad thing. I've seen the new facilities that money has bought, so it's gone to great use...

BUT, Lebron could have done something as admirable without spitting on the city where he was born. It was a horrible decision and started this roller coaster. He did it on purpose, to create a buzz but he never realized the backlash of this ill conceived event had. Also if you really want to donate money, do it in private. We don't need a spectacle to somehow make you look better.

Regarding the total money made... You better believe Maverick Carter and fellas got their piece.

They sold co-presenting sponsorships to the University of Phoenix and Bing, with McDonald’s and Sprite also having commercials in the show. James’ team isn’t saying how much in total was raised, but Maverick Carter, CEO of LRMR, did say on Thursday afternoon that more than $2 million in net proceeds will go to the Boys & Girls Club of America. Vitaminwater and Nike also contributed in the charitable effort.
    “LeBron’s decision has generated an incredible amount of interest, and we decided to make his announcement on national television,” Carter said, in a statement. “We are donating the proceeds from the program, totaling $2.5 million, to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America…LeBron has a longstanding commitment to giving back to the community and has worked with the Boys & Girls Clubs in cities across the country.”

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    Lebron dosnt have that killer instinct , hes an arrogant ignorant scumbag there is a big difference. Killer instinct would have been finishing off your opponent off in the 4th instead of getting lost and chocking. D.rose is a humble guy, dirk is a humble guy and they dont forget where they came from. Lebron should take some lessons from these guys because he is the complete opposite. All that boys and girls club and donations are for publicity give me a break. Even look at what kobe does, that one night after the game he stayed in miami practicing his shots, thats determination and something i dont think you will ever see out of lebron, all he cares about is the fame and the money..
    So we're going to forget his domination in the 4th against the Pistons? And other times he's led the team to victory late? Kobe and MJ would be the first to tell you how many times they've lost games late. Killer instinct doesn't mean winning every time... yes, Dirk and Rose are humble.. so what? Plenty of stars aren't. Dirk and Rose are the exception to the rule.

And cmon now, saying it was a publicity stunt? What about all the other charity stuff?

Everyone is hating him on assumptions of who he is, assuming the worst of him. Its pathetic

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm not saying that donating money to B&G clubs of America was a bad thing. I've seen the new facilities that money has bought, so it's gone to great use...

BUT, Lebron could have done something as admirable without spitting on the city where he was born. It was a horrible decision and started this roller coaster. He did it on purpose, to create a buzz but he never realized the backlash of this ill conceived event had. Also if you really want to donate money, do it in private. We don't need a spectacle to somehow make you look better.

Regarding the total money made... You better believe Maverick Carter and fellas got their piece.

They sold co-presenting sponsorships to the University of Phoenix and Bing, with McDonald’s and Sprite also having commercials in the show. James’ team isn’t saying how much in total was raised, but Maverick Carter, CEO of LRMR, did say on Thursday afternoon that more than $2 million in net proceeds will go to the Boys & Girls Club of America. Vitaminwater and Nike also contributed in the charitable effort.
    “LeBron’s decision has generated an incredible amount of interest, and we decided to make his announcement on national television,” Carter said, in a statement. “We are donating the proceeds from the program, totaling $2.5 million, to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America…LeBron has a longstanding commitment to giving back to the community and has worked with the Boys & Girls Clubs in cities across the country.”
    He wasn't born in Cleveland, but I agree, Cavs fans didn't deserve that.

I'm not saying The Decision was the best idea, but it did a lot of good for those kids. That's all

Mac4Lyfe

^^It was a publicity stunt. A self serving, "look at me" show. What else would you call it??? Then they had the celebration, dancing, prancing, clowning, rubbing it in at everyone. Meanwhile, hundreds of other free agents barely had press conferences to announce their signings (see Kevin Durant).