Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Lebron haters (and defenders): Read this great article by Michael Wilbon today

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Great article...

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Dirk was never forced down our throats like the Queen was. He is the false prophet. Of course the media and public is overreacting but that is what they always do. The queen has a long way to go before he gets respect back from many fans.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I dont really buy the "crown is too heavy" thing - the media makes it all up. They make up the crown, and then they make up that its too heavy. LeBron has never had the hunger that Jordan and Kobe had. LeBron is a freak and a super athlete but he doesnt share that insane commitment and drive to be the greatest ever.

He did do some incredible things in Cleveland. It was awesome how he got CLE passed Detroit and his back2back MVPs speak volumes. I personally think he closes this series out and win win his first (and probably last ring because the NBA will strike and the Mayans will come back from the dead and kill us all). But he has done impressive things for someone with remarkeable physical gifts. If he had the drive of Jordan/ Kobe he would probably have won 2 with Cleveland but as much as he is a freak physically, the other two were freaks mentally.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

James will be a no ring fatty like barkley

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    I dont really buy the "crown is too heavy" thing - the media makes it all up. They make up the crown, and then they make up that its too heavy. LeBron has never had the hunger that Jordan and Kobe had. LeBron is a freak and a super athlete but he doesnt share that insane commitment and drive to be the greatest ever.

He did do some incredible things in Cleveland. It was awesome how he got CLE passed Detroit and his back2back MVPs speak volumes. I personally think he closes this series out and win win his first (and probably last ring because the NBA will strike and the Mayans will come back from the dead and kill us all). But he has done impressive things for someone with remarkeable physical gifts. If he had the drive of Jordan/ Kobe he would probably have won 2 with Cleveland but as much as he is a freak physically, the other two were freaks mentally.
    Solid post. Yeah, it really does come down to that incredible drive to succeed and be the best -- you can't quantify it or measure it, some players just have it and some don't, in every sport. A lot of times the motivation comes from others telling them they can't do it (or them BELIEVING others think they can't do it)... So many good examples... Tom Brady is one of the best examples, always told he wasn't good enough, wouldn't rest until he could shove it right back at them. It's about competitiveness. And yeah, Kobe's got it, even though he's a cokk.

klids3
    klids3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone who thinks lebron won't have a ring or at least 3 when he retires is down right crazy

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I hope he never wins a ring and SHOULD NEVER EVER BE COMPARED TO MJ

Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by klids3 View Post
    Anyone who thinks lebron won't have a ring or at least 3 when he retires is down right crazy
    Shut up

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

I have to agree the media is the blame to make Bron huge. Espn has been all over the Heats dick this season to a point its irritating which gets a lot of viewers riled up.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

A good article pertaining to the hardwood, but I'm more focused on how the two individuals carry themselves off the court; Dirk is a class-act while Lebron might be the biggest attention whore the league has ever seen. Lebron brought all this negative attention on himself when he threw Cleveland under the bus with his special on ESPN, anyone with half class would have just requested a trade and did it behind closed doors. I hate Lebron for the record.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: VegasRandy

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Wilbon knows alot. Love watching PTI

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Wilbon might be right but they need to stop hyping up LeBron. If they didn't hype him so much nobody would be talking shit about him.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

if lebron went to memphis and had no decision does anyone honestly thing anyone would be critical of him at all? I mean yeah maybe a little but he wouldnt be the poster boy of failure

jwbjwbjwb12
    jwbjwbjwb12's Avatar Become A Pro!

very good read lbj dominates tonight

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

People don't hate him because he chokes. They hate him because he has no CLASS. No one cares if hes a winner. He just needs to stop acting like a god, especially when he isn't winning.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    Dirk was never forced down our throats like the Queen was. He is the false prophet. Of course the media and public is overreacting but that is what they always do. The queen has a long way to go before he gets respect back from many fans.
    Pathetic article. The 2 are nothing alike. Not only was Dirk not forced down everyones throat as the King, or best player ever, Dirk never abandoned his team no matter how hard the times got when he could not win.

I understand the point he is trying to make, that we shouldn't jump to conclusions and Lebron has plenty of years for redemption. But why shouldn't we? Everyone did it with Dirk as he mentioned but we should take it easy on Lebron. **** that. These 2 players are not even comparable. Apples and Oranges, go **** yourself Michael Wilbon.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

i agree with wilbon

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Pathetic article. The 2 are nothing alike. Not only was Dirk not forced down everyones throat as the King, or best player ever, Dirk never abandoned his team no matter how hard the times got when he could not win.

BINGO
    Michael Wilbon is a dumbfukk

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Michael Wilbon said that miami would win in 5 games. I've never seen a guy flip flop more than michael wilbon. Remember when every other week in the regular season he'd change his mind about whether celtics/heat were best. I've seen him switch his opinion a million times, and i hardly watch his show. He flipflops worse than Jon Kerry. The guy doesn't know anything. He's consistently wrong in many of his forecasts. The other guy that does PTI, the old guy, doesn't know anything either. They comment on a million different sports themes every day, none of which they know about, and almost none of which they watch. I'm willing to bet they have assistants that type their speeches for them on the teleprompter, so they don't even have to do anything but read. Stuart Scott is another joke. He doesn't know anything about any sport. He ruins sports coverage which his stupid corny catchphrases. He just gets paid because he can read a highlight and shout "boo-ya!" everytime someone hits a 3.

Most ESPN commentators are a joke. I can't even watch their programs anymore. They are great for someone who doesn't know sports and doesn't watch sports. But if you actually watch sports, you don't learn anything watching these shows. The show with the sports writers where they do the point totals is a joke. None of these guys are that knowledgeable about the game. PTI is another joke. Who in the world couldn't talk about an issue for 60 seconds? You don't need to know very much to have a 60 second conversation about something. It's like that's why they formulated Wilbon's show that way - so he doesn't have to address a topic more than 60 seconds... because he cant.

Scott Burnside is another joke. He's an NHL writer for espn.com. and he is ALWAYS wrong. I'm not kidding. Just fade the guy's picks and you'll be a millionaire. hes that stupid. It's obvious he's never played hockey, and he doesn't know about the game. He said bruins would lose first round vs montreal, they'd get beat 2nd round by flyers (they swept the flyers), they'd lose to tampa bay (beat tampa bay). Then he said Burrows shouldn't be suspended for biting Bergeron. NHL established precedent years ago about biting = suspensions (savard, ruutu).

ESPN does have some good analysts, but many of them are jokes.
    Last edited by hockey216; 06-12-11 at 02:22 PM.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Wilbon knows alot. Love watching PTI
    are you serious? what sport does Wilbon know a lot about? you think he knows a lot because he can talk about every sport for 5 seconds each. Even i could talk about anything for 5 seconds each. You don't have to know very much to give a 20 second speech. Besides, his assistants do all the work/research/briefing him on the topics in sports and what happened.

You don't learn anything by watching PTI unless you don't watch sports. If you watch sports, how much more can they teach you, that you don't already know, in 90seconds? Not much.

Not to mention he knows absolutely nothing about hockey. I know. not a lot of hockey fans. but still. I watch hockey, and anytime the pti guys have a hockey discussion, i just laugh hysterically. You can tell they did not watch the game. If you watch sports, It is so obvious that they dont. You can tell by their commenting that they dont watch most of the games they comment on.

There's more to a game than a boxscore (flow, momentum, referees, effort, opportunities, mistakes that were/weren't capitalized on, etc.).

hockey216

Although, Tony Kornheiser is a bigger idiot. Why is ESPN giving a high-profile commentating job to someone that has never played sports?

From Wikipedia:

"In June 2010, Green Bay Packer quarterback Aaron Rodgers criticized Kornheiser's performance on Monday Night Football, saying: "He's terrible...I don’t think he’s funny. I don’t think he’s insightful. I don’t think he knows, really, anything about sports.”"

"Other criticism has come from Toronto Argonauts play-by-play commentator Mike Hogan, who said, "The thing that really bothers me is that Kornheiser doesn't seem to know his place. If you're there for comic relief, that's one thing. But for God's sake, leave the football analysis to guys who actually played the game.""

"Mike Golic, an ESPN colleague of Kornheiser's, who had expressed skepticism regarding his prospects as an on-air analyst because he was never an athlete"

Shack
    Shack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Wilbom does have some good views and insight. Agree with a good portion of it.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Want to know why people detest this idiot. Let me quote part of a Wojnaroqaki article from yahoo sports. Here is the link if you want to read it all

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...s_game6_061111

"The Washington’s Post Mike Wise reported on a James’ text message to an NBA player in free agency that said simply, “Yo, this is King James.” This is precisely how he has done it with the college players that he’s recruited for CAA and his marketing company, LRMR. This was a true a year ago when Y! Sports reported on it, and it’s still true now.

Two years ago, an All-American college player told his coach that James called him and the young player didn’t recognize the number.
    “This is the King,” the voice said.
    The kid was like, “Huh?”
    “This is the King.”
    Uh, who?
    “King James.”
    Oh, right.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Hype? Look at Lebrons stats. The guy just need rings and thats it. If he gets atleast 4 the Mj argument might favor him in the future

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Who tatoos "The Chosen One" on their body? Seriously this guys ego is so unjustifiably big it's comical. I would never want to be compared to Lebron fukin James if I was an NBA player simply because he rides an ego as if he's God's gift... literally! Go to hell Lebron... you pretty much fail at life. Have some humility and then maybe you'll find how to win when it counts.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    Want to know why people detest this idiot. Let me quote part of a Wojnaroqaki article from yahoo sports. Here is the link if you want to read it all

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...s_game6_061111

Two years ago, an All-American college player told his coach that James called him and the young player didn’t recognize the number.
    “This is the King,” the voice said.
    The kid was like, “Huh?”
    “This is the King.”
    Uh, who?
    “King James.”
    Oh, right.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post

I understand the point he is trying to make, that we shouldn't jump to conclusions and Lebron has plenty of years for redemption. But why shouldn't we? Everyone did it with Dirk as he mentioned but we should take it easy on Lebron. **** that. These 2 players are not even comparable. Apples and Oranges, go **** yourself Michael Wilbon.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the article

i agree who really has the ability to judge and athlete's place in history?

history is what you look back on

enjoy it now then a few years later decide

thats why hall of fames have waiting periods

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 857

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Michael Wilbon said that miami would win in 5 games. I've never seen a guy flip flop more than michael wilbon. Remember when every other week in the regular season he'd change his mind about whether celtics/heat were best. I've seen him switch his opinion a million times, and i hardly watch his show. He flipflops worse than Jon Kerry. The guy doesn't know anything. He's consistently wrong in many of his forecasts. The other guy that does PTI, the old guy, doesn't know anything either. They comment on a million different sports themes every day, none of which they know about, and almost none of which they watch. I'm willing to bet they have assistants that type their speeches for them on the teleprompter, so they don't even have to do anything but read. Stuart Scott is another joke. He doesn't know anything about any sport. He ruins sports coverage which his stupid corny catchphrases. He just gets paid because he can read a highlight and shout "boo-ya!" everytime someone hits a 3.

Most ESPN commentators are a joke. I can't even watch their programs anymore. They are great for someone who doesn't know sports and doesn't watch sports. But if you actually watch sports, you don't learn anything watching these shows. The show with the sports writers where they do the point totals is a joke. None of these guys are that knowledgeable about the game. PTI is another joke. Who in the world couldn't talk about an issue for 60 seconds? You don't need to know very much to have a 60 second conversation about something. It's like that's why they formulated Wilbon's show that way - so he doesn't have to address a topic more than 60 seconds... because he cant.

Scott Burnside is another joke. He's an NHL writer for espn.com. and he is ALWAYS wrong. I'm not kidding. Just fade the guy's picks and you'll be a millionaire. hes that stupid. It's obvious he's never played hockey, and he doesn't know about the game. He said bruins would lose first round vs montreal, they'd get beat 2nd round by flyers (they swept the flyers), they'd lose to tampa bay (beat tampa bay). Then he said Burrows shouldn't be suspended for biting Bergeron. NHL established precedent years ago about biting = suspensions (savard, ruutu).

ESPN does have some good analysts, but many of them are jokes.
    ESPN has good analysts?? who are they?

constrictor
    constrictor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1473

if heats can stop mavs' 3pts they ll win

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Quote Originally Posted by klids3 View Post
    He'll never win a ring until he plays on 'team'
    Three stars and 8 guys named Mo doesn't constitute a team.

Same as when he was with the Cavs, he didn't have a bench there either.

Bird played on a team, Magic too, Michael had Pippen, Kerr, etc.

Isaah had Dumars and Lambier and the rest.

They were 'teams'

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Lebron James is the Alex Rodriguez of the NBA.

Great stats and skills
    Cannot lead a team to a championship.
    Has to piggyback the captain of another team to win one.
    Cannot produce in most crucial situations.

You can just call him NBA-Rod.

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

good read!

Scorpion
    Update your status

Wilbom is full of shit

12 Last