andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

My nominee for the WORST deal ever offered in the SBR Forum

In game 5 of the Mavs/Heat series, GoatMilk offered the following wager along with conditions:

He offered the Mavs +2 1/2 @ -170 (GoatMilk would take the Heat -2 1/2 @ +170)

Both Bookmaker and 5 Dimes had wagering on this exact same line with Bookmaker offering the Mavs +2 1/2 @ -140 while 5Dimes offered -143.

GoatMilk insisted that all wagers be for a MINIMUM of 850 betpoints (850 to win 500). In addition, he would only do this "special deal" if the points were transferred to him in advance before the game started.
    only 500 points minimum per poster.You would be risking whatever it is to win 500. will only do it if points are transfered first, unless you are an established poster that I know, then we can figure it out after the game
    A poster offered GoatMilk a different wager and requested that GM transfer the points in advance and GoatMilk replied
    i never heard of you, so not sure why i would transfer
    Breaking this whole thing down:

Goatmilk insisted that the other party transfer 850 points (minimum wager he would accept) to him in advance while at the same time saying "if I never heard of you, why would I transfer"? My question to GoatMilk would be if you refuse to trust a poster you don't know, why on Earth should any poster trust you?

In addition to his crazy 850 point minimum wager where he insisted that the other party pay him in advance, he offered a line that was a full 30 points WORSE (50 points WORSE when vig is factored in) than the current market price.

After finding out the Bookmaker current price was -140, he was willing to lower his price to -150 under the same conditions (still 10 points worse than the current market/30 points WORSE with vig).
    sorry i didn't realize that Heat have been getting pounded.

I'll give it for -150
    GoatMilk, I would be curious to find out why you would put up such a RIDICULOUS OFFER and expect someone to fall for it?

Last edited by andywend; 06-12-11 at 11:06 AM.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Goatface is a point gambler now. What a ******* hypocrite. I guess thats what happens when you talk shit about everybody and lose 25 straight bets.

Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Goatface is a point gambler now. What a ******* hypocrite. I guess thats what happens when you talk shit about everybody and lose 25 straight bets.
    He takes Miami every game and claims to have still hit like 349 of his last 351...this guy is a joke

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Unfortunately there are alot of miami backers who pick miami every time and are gloating about their skills after miami won the last 4 against chicago and first one in the Finals