Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 5/19

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

FairlySquarely
    FairlySquarely's Avatar Become A Pro!

how much of an impact do you guys think the 1 game suspension of jason terry will have?

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by FairlySquarely
    how much of an impact do you guys think the 1 game suspension of jason terry will have?
    Shouldn't have much of an impact at all. Mavericks have a deep bench with guys that can step up in his place. I took Mavs -1.5 big. Timmy had a monster game last game and still Mavs lost just by 1 and had the chance to get the go-ahead basket with a couple of possessions in the last 20 seconds. 1.5 is a very small line for imho the better team at home and i pounded it. Mavs have also covered 8 out of 9 these playoffs.
    Last edited by juuso; 05-19-06 at 10:15 AM.

FairlySquarely
    FairlySquarely's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the insight, juuso.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by FairlySquarely
    I think it will have a huge impact on tonight's game. I'm betting the moneyline on the Spurs to win.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

checkout where the public is on this cavs/detroit game.

Pistons vs Cavaliers (Game #6)(ESPN)

Cavaliers 53.74%
    Pistons 46.26%
    3560 Bets made so far

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

checkout where the public is on this spurs/mavs game.

Spurs vs Mavericks (Game #6)(ESPN)

Mavericks 54.23%
    Spurs 45.77%
    Bets made so far have been 2611 Bets

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by juuso
    Shouldn't have much of an impact at all. Mavericks have a deep bench with guys that can step up in his place. I took Mavs -1.5 big. Timmy had a monster game last game and still Mavs lost just by 1 and had the chance to get the go-ahead basket with a couple of possessions in the last 20 seconds. 1.5 is a very small line for imho the better team at home and i pounded it. Mavs have also covered 8 out of 9 these playoffs.
    I don't know juuso. Jason Terry has been ballin. The Mavs are gonna miss him tonight. Game 7 here we come.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky
    I think it will have a huge impact on tonight's game. I'm betting the moneyline on the Spurs to win.
    As do I, for 4 units.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Terry's suspension does have a huge impact on this game - it virtually guarantees a Mavericks victory. There will be another team going fishing after tonight.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Terry's suspension does have a huge impact on this game - it virtually guarantees a Mavericks victory. There will be another team going fishing after tonight.
    Razz please explain. I don't know if I understand where you are coming from.

Razz

The reason I say this is that from a personnel standpoint the loss is minimal - other than giving Dallas backers line value. Howard and Harris have been as good as Terry anyway (and better defensively) - and they're both young, and can handle extra PT.
    Instead of hurting Dallas's chances, it brings the team together - similar to what happened to Phoenix with Bell suspended. The crowd will be even more obnoxious after what Cuban was saying yesterday - Dallas already has the biggest HC advantage in the NBA - and I honestly don't think this game will be close.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Interesting game.....Dallas is leading by 6 now, Duncan is resting with 2 PF-s....Parker and Ginobili should start playing if the Spurs want to play a 7.th game....

Razz

If Ginobili wasn't playing out of his mind, this game would be a blowout.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Spurs win! Series goes back to San Antonio. Ginobli!!!!

Razz

Thanks Stern.