luckythansmart
    luckythansmart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

When the refs call the game fairly Mavs Wins

It was about time the refs called travel on Lebron and stopped calling the BS fouls for Lebron and the Heat.
    If they continue to call the game fairly, the Mav will win the series.
    It's still too early to tell as it can change back having the refs favoring the Heat like in game 1.
    I was waiting for the BS fouls against the Mavs in the last 3 mins of the game but it never came. TG the refs was legit. Hope it stay that way for the rest of the series.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

This game 2 here, they let them played basketball. I was hoping to see more fouls but seriously now?

45 combined free throws?

The heat making 30 attempts behind the arc and only connecting 9 of them and still be competitive? WTF?

deeshen13
    deeshen13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

If Miami isn't shooting (and making) significantly more free throws than Dallas they won't win this series.

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

truth

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Agreed.

Unfortunately Lebron will start getting the typical superstar calls eventually. Wade got them tonight already.

Hopefully Dallas can survive anyways.

luckythansmart
    luckythansmart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

I think they called 2 travel violations against Lebron last night.
    Wow, I think they only call 5 the whole year.
    It's about time

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8006

Should have called a tech on Wade. I expect them to get some more calls in game 3.

anticsd
    anticsd's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldnt say it was called fairly, but close enough. now im sure theyre gonna drag this series to game 7.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Honestly think too much is put into refs in these instances. Yeah, refs blantantly blow calls in the nba but that is what you get when you place so much human subjectivity into a game. The game invites "fouls" but then subjectively calls them. It is similiar to football in a way, yet different in the fact that there are more possessions and minus pads and the focus on the ball increases the level of scrutiny.

In a wierd way I can relate this to my youth reffing kids games, when you could never satisfy all the parents in the stands. Betting on a game makes the parent in you come out. You get overly emotional.

It is a fact that home court gets more calls in the NBA, in general. This has to do with human emotion. The refs are humans. This same effect influences "stars". They get more calls. NBA is a fical game. Lot of grey area.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

How about that follow through foul to dirk but they take side out instead? Clearly he was in the motion of shooting after the foul?

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

NBE. National Basketball Entertainment. I'm not really a fan of either team, but Mavs deserve a title for the last time they got jacked against the Heat in the Finals. The Heat team with Shaq and Dwade rode favorable refereeing all the way to the Title that year.