SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Mavs-Heat Refs

I just witnessed a scene in this game that inspired me to write a quick post......

Dwayne Wade had a fast break layup attempt, Tyson Chandler was in the vicinity but came no where even close to fouling him. Wade missed the layup, the refs made the correct "no-call", and Wade, Lebron, and Spolestra went absolutely insane.

This is the state of the Miami Heat. If a superstar attacks the hoop, but misses the shots, they expect nothing less than a foul call, regardless of whether there was actually contact. Most of calls actually went in Dallas' favor prior to this, and Miami has received about 5 makeup calls since. These games aren't called fairly. The superstars get all the calls, and if they don't they complain and raise hell.

Go back and watch the reactions from Wade, Lebron, and Spolestra. They were in complete and total shock, yet Wade was not fouled.

As an objective fan with no ties to either Miami or Dallas, it is offensive and disappointing to watch the treatment Miami has grown to expect. Dallas has a 0% chance of beating both Miami and the refs in the same series.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

You are an absolute idiot. It's clear as day that Chandler pushed him....That replay they were showing wasn't to show a lack of contact but rather to show how inept the refs were. There is a reason no tech was called...Their outrage was justified.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was probably a foul, but I totally understand what you were saying. He gave him a soft push in the back, but when the refs didn't make the call Wade and Spoelstra went ape sh it like he smacked him in the head or something.

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Wade wasn't touched, NBA has become world cup soccer. Dirk does the same crap though.

muwarrior
    muwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's easy to see the extent of the foul in the replay but in real time it looked like a foul.

Gumdog
    Gumdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

it was clearly a foul...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I'm a Heat hater and it was a foul. Wade should have gotten T'd up after he jumped up and down and shouted right at the ref but he was right.

The Heat get so many calls that they're in pure shock when they don't get calls. I hate all the flopping, whining and crying by all the NBA players. Stern said he was going to crack down on it but nothing's changed. Every night is like an academy award special.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Maybe a small push but not much contact. No need for the overreactions

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Wow I am genuinely surprised to hear that people considered that a foul? I have been playing basketball in various leagues for about 23 years, I saw the hand on the back, but in my opinion that is common contact, with no real impact on the shot. I mean there are going to be hands on you anytime you go up. It didn't look like Chandler actually extended his arm or used any real force. Interesting to see how everyone is split on it.

Mac4Lyfe

Not only was there a hand on his back but it was a push as Wade went up for the layin. You try making a shot when your pushed in the back. Your momentum sends you forward and it's next to impossible to make a simple layup. Rewind the tape and watch Wade's trajectory path. He ended up landing several feet further.

Refs missed it probably because the one following the play was shielded by Wade and couldn't see the hand in the back and the other 2 were trailing the play to far behind. Or they might have missed it because they sucked.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Dwyane Wade cries and throws a tantrum and he does not get a technical. Taj Gibson (Bulls, last series) complains a little bit and gets a technical so quickly it's not even funny. Talk about a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm a Heat hater and it was a foul. Wade should have gotten T'd up after he jumped up and down and shouted right at the ref but he was right.

The Heat get so many calls that they're in pure shock when they don't get calls. I hate all the flopping, whining and crying by all the NBA players. Stern said he was going to crack down on it but nothing's changed. Every night is like an academy award special.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    Dwyane Wade cries and throws a tantrum and he does not get a technical. Taj Gibson (Bulls, last series) complains a little bit and gets a technical so quickly it's not even funny. Talk about a double standard.
    I hate the star treatment. Stern has said for years that it does not exist but who is he fooling.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

In real time it looked like a foul and usually/normally that is called a foul, star or no star treatment. In slow mo it could have gone either way leaning more towards a foul but really surprised it wasn't called.

Deggs
    Deggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    You are an absolute idiot. It's clear as day that Chandler pushed him....That replay they were showing wasn't to show a lack of contact but rather to show how inept the refs were. There is a reason no tech was called...Their outrage was justified.\
    Kill yourself...you're such a moron it's not even funny. Even the heat fans I was watching it with admitted a foul shouldn't have been called...you Heat fans are unbelievable. Seriously after the refs handing you 5 playoff games in a row you have the nerve to complain...you're a moron