h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Dirk Nowitzki has torn finger tendon

MIAMI -- A torn tendon in superstar Dirk Nowitzki's left middle finger made the Dallas Mavericks' Game 1 loss to the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals on Tuesday night a little more painful.

Nowitzki suffered the injury when he was called for a foul after stripping Miami's Chris Bosh with 3:44 remaining in the fourth quarter.
    "I thought I stripped him clean, then I kind of looked down and I couldn't straighten my finger out anymore," said Nowitzki, who had 27 points on 7-of-18 shooting as the Mavs fell behind in a series for the first time this postseason. "So I tore a tendon in there. I guess it will be all right. I have to wear a splint probably the rest of the playoffs."
    Nowitzki, who is averaging 28.3 points per game in the playoffs, said X-rays on the finger were negative.
    He downplayed concern about the injury, pointing out that it's on his non-shooting hand.
    "I'll be all right for Thursday," Nowitzki said, referring to Game 2.
    Overall, the Mavericks made 37.3 percent of their shots, worst of the postseason. So they're going to need Nowitzki to be as accurate as possible in Game 2 to keep the series from slipping away.
    When informed of the injury, Miami's LeBron James shot down the notion it could negatively impact Nowitzki's offensive game.
    "That left hand is just a guide hand for all shooters," James said. "We all know that. It won't affect him. He's still going to be great. He's still going to be Dirk."

Line for game 2??

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This is fu#$ing unbelievable. Please say this is just to get money on Miami for Game 2.

I must be dreaming...

Oh... non-shooting hand??? I guess that's a little better.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Dirk Has Torn Tendon in Non-Shooting Hand

Like the Mavs needed to face any more adversity. They said it's a non-issue, but I don't believe it. If anything, the pain will be there or he'll be drugged up to deal with it.

Heat in 5.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I completely agree VI. In 5 for sure. It's all but over!

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

line is going to be -5.5. but im taking dallas

umdterps
    umdterps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

All the more reason to take the Heat

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    This is fu#$ing unbelievable. Please say this is just to get money on Miami for Game 2. I must be dreaming... Oh... non-shooting hand??? I guess that's a little better.
    You do know it still affects your rebounding/passing and shooting etc?

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dirk says it not a problem, but it will be guarding on the defensive end and moving around screens. The Heat were going to win this no matter what.

MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami (series) -1.5 -133 looks pretty tasty right now

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It defintitely matters, this clown can't grab a rebound with two good hands, plus he usually drives and shoots a decent amount of lefty layups

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

All I know is the Mavs were playing like shit, missing shot after shot in the lane, Dirk missing shots he normally makes, and the refs let Lebron GET UP OFF THE GROUND WITH THE BALL () and yet the Mavs were in the game the whole time and even had a nice lead midway through the 3rd. If this finger isn't bothering him too much then I expect Dallas to win game 2.

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

That's not good. Mavs need Dirk at 100%

Pippertime
    Pippertime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

happens all the time, most teams/players don't reveal that info until after the season is officially done