JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

From the archive game 1 (sharps)

WHAT NEVADA SHARPS ARE THINKING ABOUT
    THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS THAT START TUESDAY

Back as promised with a rundown of what professional wagerers are thinking about the NBA Championship series between the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat that begins Tuesday Night.
    I'll also take another look at the market ratings we've been running throughout the playoffs.
    First, the sharps (industry jargon for the Wise Guys) are in the interesting position of thinking Miami is the better team, but not by as much as the market is pricing them. That's why you've seen the following happen.
    *Miami opened around -200 to win the series in many places. That means they'd have to theoretically win two out of three times for Heat backers to break even. Sharps thought that was too high, and bet Dallas for value in a way that's brought a stabilized moneyline down to around -170 or -175 as we go to press. Most sharps I‘ve talked to think 160 to 180 is the right range.
    *Miami opened at -5 at home in the series opener. But, we're now seeing Miami -4.5 everywhere. Maybe it will change by the time you read this. I actually wouldn't be surprised if square money (bets from the public) moved the number back up to -5. Squares love betting on favorites, and they love betting from LeBron. Were that to happen, I believe sharps would come back in on Dallas +5.
    One of the biggest things that separates sharps from squares is the ability to bet with confidence on the team they think is inferior. Sharps don't accept a worse price figuring their pick will win anyway. If they think Miami is the better team…and the price should be -160 to -180…they're going to bet on DALLAS if they see -200 or so. A square will think 'I like Miami to win, I've got to find a way to bet Miami.' Squares think team. Sharps think price.
    Oh, the total has dropped from 188 to 187, which is a sharp move to the Under. Squares don't bet totals early. When they do bet, they bet Over. The fact that sharps DIDN'T want to wait for a public move to a higher number suggests some extra enthusiasm for that first game Under.
    I haven't moved my market ratings in a while now. The prices are very much in line with these:
    Miami 81
    Dallas 79
    If you pencil in three points four home court, that would make Miami -5 at home, and +1 on the road before you make adjustments for bounce-backs, injuries, etc…
    I've talked to many people I trust since the conference finals ended last week. The long layoff allowed for a lot of discussion! I don't know of any sharps or oddsmakers who currently have Miami as three points better on a neutral court. I know some who have the difference at 1.5 points or 1 point rather than two.
    It's interesting that both of these teams have done very well against the spread so far in the playoffs. By my count:
    Dallas 12-2-1
    Miami 10-5
    The Heat were just 2-3 ATS in their first series against Philadelphia. They're 8-2 ATS since. So, the market has been underestimating both teams for a few weeks now. Or, overestimating their opponents!

Karim
    Karim's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks a lot

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

great info realy good write up rj. ,gl man

JR007

Good luck guys

CntryBoy
    CntryBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43850

Very good info and great write up! BOL!

Lucky1g
    Lucky1g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6703

thx for posting..i always compare his opinions on "sharp" action during football season..this guy has good information.

JR007

Yes indeed......i never bet until i read his stuff

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Thanks JR.

I knew that early money was on the under but just can not see if it is public early or sharp's early. Usually sharps play early when they see a nice pricing they can try to beat the line.

If sharps want to ride the under, wouldn't they wait later like right now when the total is jacked up to 189 at some places now? Whoever buys early, loses out if they riding on the under.

I also have this but don't know if it will make a difference.

Miami carries “over” trends of 8-3 overall, 6-0 at home, 7-0 as a favorite and 5-1 against the Southwest Division.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7760

this should be in service plays