SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Celtics beat Knicks in final tuneup for season

Celtics beat Knicks in final tineup for season

NEW YORK (AP)—The Boston Celtics had one final piece of preseason business to take care of before turning their thoughts to the real games.

The Celtics were disappointed in their performance in a loss to New York last week, and Kevin Garnett and the rest of the NBA champions wanted to send a reminder that they don’t mail in games—even ones that don’t count.

Garnett had 14 points and nine rebounds, Ray Allen scored 12 points and the Celtics tuned up for the start of their NBA title defense with a 101-90 win over the Knicks on Tuesday night.

“I’m not going to say it was a statement, but we definitely came in and let them know that what happened in Boston is not going to happen too many times,” Garnett said. “We do take a lot of pride in how we play and we’re not going to come out here and take you lightly.”

Eddie House led the Celtics with 20 points. Leon Powe added 19 points and 12 rebounds as Boston’s big men overwhelmed an undersized New York lineup.
    Something tells you that won't be the last look like that on D'Antoni's face all year.

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha.... He will look like that alot this year...
    I just hope they go Over the 29.5 in wins for the season....
    and get rid of the dead weight by seasons end...
    Marbury, Malik Rose, and some how unload Eddie Curry's contract but I doubt that will happen.