EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

what would you do?

Guys, I have heat to win it all @ +350 for 1,200 bucks to win 4.2k. Mavs are @ +160 for series at my local book. How many of you think its dumb if I don't hedge?

It'll be 700 to pretty much freeroll this.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

why wouldn't you hedge? Your foolish if you don't! At least guarantee yourself a push! It's hard enough to beat the juice and come out ahead, this is guaranteed profit or at least a guarantee of not losing anything, how can you pass that up. Ya of course if Miami wins you'll be saying why did I waste $ hedging, but when they lose and you don't hedge your gonna be really pissed for trying to be greedy.

If it was me I would guarantee a win either way, whoever wins and then try and make $ on the individual games.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    Guys, I have heat to win it all @ +350 for 1,200 bucks to win 4.2k. Mavs are @ +160 for series at my local book. How many of you think its dumb if I don't hedge?

It'll be 700 to pretty much freeroll this.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated
    Chances are, you'll be able to get a better series price than +160 at some point in the first 2 games. I would wait it out if it was me.

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Hedge it. The amount depends on how sure you are about Miami winning the series. I would hedge 700-1.2k myself. Hey 2000 is not too bad if your hedge lose.

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Chances are, you'll be able to get a better series price than +160 at some point in the first 2 games. I would wait it out if it was me.
    Dallas winning 1 out of first 2 games and he will get worse odds. Dallas is a very good road team.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by secret007 View Post
    Dallas winning 1 out of first 2 games and he will get worse odds. Dallas is a very good road team.
    Sure. But it really comes down to what you think happens in Game 1. I think Miami wins and covers in a shootout in the first game.

pittmatt80
    pittmatt80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Yeah definitely hedge it dude better to win something than just losing your bet. It's definitely no guarantee that Miami wins it all, they should but the Mav's are playing some inspired basketball and aren't going down without a fight. Good Luck either way.

EBDOGGN

Guys thanks alot. Just finished drivingg from miami to orlando and had alot of time to think. . Im ganna do a little more research and see how high the line will jump if dallas steals game 1. If it stays around -120 -130 I might just wait considering how much I like the heat. But if I find out it'll jump even higher than that I will definitely hedge by the end
    of the weekend.

Thanks again guys.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude, don't hedge this bet.

EBDOGGN

Quote Originally Posted by Lockitup1x View Post
    Dude, don't hedge this bet.
    Trust me, I rather not. But I Gatta pay up 1k IF heat dont take this. I can just hedge it with 700. Guarantee myself I wont loose 1 dollar and if they win still take 3.5k

I think its a no brainer. I just like to get second opinion from you guys when im making plays over 500 or 1k.

Again, thanks all of you for your input.