TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Before You Place Your Finals Wager...

You have to remember how many future wagers were on the Miami Heat to win the NBA Championship ever since the infamous Lebron James said "I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

Then you have Chris Bosh... and they from the BIG 3.

I think there's way too much cash on Miami. You can throw stats out the window. Furthermore, I'll take Rick Carlisle coaching wise over Erik Spoelstra any day of the week. The intangibles has to go with Dallas. Mark Cuban pumped up... + the way the series structure will be set up 2-3-2. All Dallas has to do is steal one in Miami and will have 3 straight at home. And... if the refs want to be biased and swallow their whistles like they did in the Chicago series... you just might have the Dallas Mavs walking away with the NBA Title.

This is a pure fade because of how much money is on Miami. You would have to estimate it's in the millions.

Dallas Risking 10k.

If I lose... not going to cry about it. Mark Cuban can do that for me... he'll be like the 6th man... he'll be on those refs... you watch.

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

whats your line?

BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

Okay.. well how about this?

Heat Risking 20k

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You have to remember how many future wagers were on the Miami Heat to win the NBA Championship ever since the infamous Lebron James said "I'm taking my talents to South Beach." Then you have Chris Bosh... and they from the BIG 3. I think there's way too much cash on Miami. You can throw stats out the window. Furthermore, I'll take Rick Carlisle coaching wise over Erik Spoelstra any day of the week. The intangibles has to go with Dallas. Mark Cuban pumped up... + the way the series structure will be set up 2-3-2. All Dallas has to do is steal one in Miami and will have 3 straight at home. And... if the refs want to be biased and swallow their whistles like they did in the Chicago series... you just might have the Dallas Mavs walking away with the NBA Title. This is a pure fade because of how much money is on Miami. You would have to estimate it's in the millions. Dallas Risking 10k. If I lose... not going to cry about it. Mark Cuban can do that for me... he'll be like the 6th man... he'll be on those refs... you watch.
    1. we all believe you have 10k on this series
    2. Why would you bet on a team who will get flagrant fouls for looking at lebron?
    3. It's the 5 year anniversary of the 2nd biggest fix in NBA history, which had the same 2 teams (after Kings/Lakers 02) enjoy the finals everyone

Jimb0311
    Jimb0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Is the line already out?

TheMoneyShot

Early Lines

The Greek: Miami -210 Dallas +175
    5Dimes: Miami -200 Dallas +170

Just waiting for everything to settle in... then see which books will give the best underdog odds.

Jimb0311

Early Lines The Greek: Miami -210 Dallas +175 5Dimes: Miami -200 Dallas +170 Just waiting for everything to settle in... then see which books will give the best underdog odds.
    Is this the series price or the 1st game money line?

TheMoneyShot

Series Price.

Game 1 Is

Miami -225 Dallas +185

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah Miami will be the big favorite in the first game as the line shows but Dallas is so hot right now. I would be inclined to take Dallas ML first game. Should be a great series, wish it was the Lakers instead of Mavs though

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I smell a dallas winning.

I like the consistency in Dirk and I would like to ask myself if there is anyone on the Heat side that can defend dirk.

Them trio in heat, every game, it is like a trade of of high scoring points. It is bosh one day, james the next or wade the following. So in consistence unlike Dirk. He dominates on his team. Even if he has the worst day, he still dominates his other players in points per game.

Hoping that Dallas is under-rated to take Dallas as dogs all day. I wonder if picking a side and ride with it until the end, would it be profitable? No research necessary. Just be on the right side and calling it a + win.

bondguy007
    bondguy007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

How 'bout I just hope Miami loses? No money, not even betpoints, I just hope they lose. lol.

NBA_Brosuf

For the final, I think the best bet is buying the game 6 and game 7 series.

5 game series are a common lately. No 7 yet. Why not the nba rig this one to bring ratings and excitement back to the nba?

Dallas win
    Dallas win
    Miami win
    Miami win
    Dallas Win
    Miami win
    Undecided game 7

Basically, home court wins them all

or zig zag it.

Dallas win
    Miami win
    Miami win
    Dallas win
    Miami win
    Dallas win
    Game 7, a big I don't know

Basically, First game at home, home court wins.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami is a good bet to take Game 1 so I suspect the value on the Dallas series play will be higher after Game 1. Not a great series to play up front I think. I do agree with your about the obscene amount of money that has to be on the Heat through various futures.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

I agree. Dirk is ridiculous right now. He probably ensured himself a spot in the Hall just by getting to the finals again, but he will be a stone cold lock if they win it.

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Miami has two of the top 4 or 5 players in the entire world right now, on both sides of the ball. When is the last time you saw that? Ever?

Miami wins the series, won't be easy... but people said that about Chicago too!

NBA_Brosuf

Miami will look to steal a game in Dallas.

A good system play might look like this.

Miami game 1
    buy Miami for series after game 1
    Dallas game 2

or

Dallas game 1
    Miami game 2
    buys miami for series after game 2

Regardless, the first team that wins an away game in the series will have a high chance of winning the series. Something about it in the 70% or something like that. Maybe it is better to wait till Miami wins either game 1 or 2 to buy them for the series.

Jimb0311

I think buying whoever wins first game is best.

TheMoneyShot

WTF?? Did everyone just pound Dallas on the Series over night? Or what?!?!?! Or was it an inaccurate line??

5 Dimes Opened At Miami -200 Dallas +170

NOW Miami -175 Dallas +155

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    For the final, I think the best bet is buying the game 6 and game 7 series. 5 game series are a common lately. No 7 yet. Why not the nba rig this one to bring ratings and excitement back to the nba? Dallas win Dallas win Miami win Miami win Dallas Win Miami win Undecided game 7 Basically, home court wins them all or zig zag it. Dallas win Miami win Miami win Dallas win Miami win Dallas win Game 7, a big I don't know Basically, First game at home, home court wins.
    Hey smart guy the Heat have home court for the finals

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

This thread is retarded.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

For the final, I think the best bet is buying the game 6 and game 7 series.

Dallas win
    Dallas win
    Miami win
    Miami win
    Dallas Win
    Miami win
    Undecided game 7

Basically, home court wins them all

Basically, First game at home, home court wins.
    Miami is the home team. Am I missing something here??

Jackie Moon
    Jackie Moon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going mavs unless I see really good odds on Heat

qukubau
    qukubau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

miami will win the nba finals.

OpiateBank
    OpiateBank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami people are like the Lakers people. They cant get swept so lets make Lakers a big favorite with Dallas ML at 3.25 . I remember cause thats what I got. What game do you people have Miami winning. It ends in Dallas. The third game not needed.

NBA_Brosuf

I got my stats all mixed up. Sorry about it but yeah, what is important is the message given at hand. LOL

Miami home court advantage.

If anyone needs a system of play with a low bankroll, play Miami at home. They will win either game 1 or 2. If you lose on miami in game 1, double up on game 2.

If for some odd reason that Miami loses both game 1 and 2 at home, Might as well quit while you're ahead because the series is over.

If you have more money, triple up in game 3 play Dallas. If still loses, all in dallas game 4. If still loses, see you at the bottom of the bridge. Time to commit suicide.

LOL

Just kidding about suicide. It was a joke but bet accordingly.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17840

thinking about putting 20 dimes on the mavs just because i want dirk to get a title

20 literal dimes

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stupid thread. The NBA has a lot more money to be made with Miami winning the Finals.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

I got my stats all mixed up. Sorry about it but yeah, what is important is the message given at hand. LOL

Miami home court advantage.

If anyone needs a system of play with a low bankroll, play Miami at home. They will win either game 1 or 2. If you lose on miami in game 1, double up on game 2.

If for some odd reason that Miami loses both game 1 and 2 at home, Might as well quit while you're ahead because the series is over.

If you have more money, triple up in game 3 play Dallas. If still loses, all in dallas game 4. If still loses, see you at the bottom of the bridge. Time to commit suicide.

LOL

Just kidding about suicide. It was a joke but bet accordingly.
    what a groundbreaking strategy. you should be a millionaire.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Stupid thread. The NBA has a lot more money to be made with Miami winning the Finals.
    Should you worry about the NBA or Vegas? With the way the economy is... it's all about Public Flow... Vegas is telegraphing every play... look at the stats during almost every playoff game. So if you're telling me the majority of the world will be on Dallas... I should push 5k of my wager right now...

Stern doesn't control the refs... Vegas controls the refs.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

If there is that much money on the Heat future the books have already lost.

You don't think a lot of players are going to crush?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

gl man

TheMoneyShot

Much appreciated. Thanks!

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Should you worry about the NBA or Vegas? With the way the economy is... it's all about Public Flow... Vegas is telegraphing every play... look at the stats during almost every playoff game. So if you're telling me the majority of the world will be on Dallas... I should push 5k of my wager right now...

Stern doesn't control the refs... Vegas controls the refs.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

The books have already taken money off the table & made profits from Lakers, Celtics, Bulls & Spurs futures bets, I wouldn't think they'd be too worried about their exposure on Miami. Lakers especially would've been huge for them. Find it interesting that Lebron & co keep getting the same series odds -200, it keeps giving the perception of value on the other side & drawing money.

Good luck with your Dallas play, Moneyshot. Can't wait for Game 1!

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    The books have already taken money off the table & made profits from Lakers, Celtics, Bulls & Spurs futures bets, I wouldn't think they'd be too worried about their exposure on Miami. Lakers especially would've been huge for them.
    Don't know why more people don't understand this. If the books tell you they're taking a bath on Miami futures their full of sh#t. Miami was no worse than 2-1 @ any point in the season to win it all (Vegas books). That means they may have to pay off a ton of $$ @ 2-1 but scoop EVERY OTHER SINGLE $$ BET ON ANY OTHER TEAM TO WIN IT ALL!!

I'm sure there was considerably more $$ bet on the other 29 teams combined than there was on Miami?? And if there wasn't then it had to be very close.

12 Last