BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Never thought I would say it, but now believe the NBA is rigged.

I had no money on the game and I'm usually not one to bitch about officiating.

With that said, the officiating was horrible towards the Bulls. It is so blatant that the NBA wanted a Dallas/Miami final.

The refs kept calling fouls until they got Miami back in the game. Chicago outplayed Miami but Miami kept getting tick tack fouls and free throws. Boozer and Rose were getting mauled underneath and there were no calls! Technical foul on Taj Gibson was a joke.

At the end of the game if you touched Wade or Lebron it was a foul. Bulls deserved this one.

ParlayKing
    ParlayKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those miami possessions at the end of stretch really gave them the lift they needed, but you have to give props to lebron and wade for hitting those big shots.

Please put these clowns away Dallas.

BigDofBA

Lebron and Wade shots. I'll give them that.

With that said, how many times did Miami get bailed out in key situations by the refs?

Everytime they got down and Chicago was about to put them away, fouls got called sending them to the line. We had a flagrant, technical, a four point play, a few and ones.....It was a bit ridiculous imo.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

That was one hell of a 4th quarter! Congrats Heat backers!!!!!!!

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

you're just realizing the nba if fixed? did the by chance watch the lakers run?

chicago stood no chance in this series, period.

even if the refs were pulling for chicago the entire series they would have lost... miami is a better team than chicago, and by a decent margin.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=ShowMeDaMoney;10170597]you're just realizing the nba if fixed? did the by chance watch the lakers run?

speak English dummy

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I think I heard the announcer said after a foul play "Something is up"

LOL

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

It's not rigged.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    I think I heard the announcer said after a foul play "Something is up" LOL
    lol they forgot to let Marv Albert in on the fix

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

There was a stretch late in the 3rd quarter when you could hardly believe what you were seeing. They gifted Miami like 10 points. Miami should have been down 20 in the 4th.

Now listen, Miami deserves a ton of credit, Lebron especially hit a bunch of clutch shots, but he is very Hollywood and the refs fall for it everytime.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    It's not rigged.

agree

he must have had chicago

DRZ
    Update your status
    DRZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think refs were the reason the bulls lost, but they definitely didn't help. LBJ and Wade still had to make the shots, which they did and they were daggers. The Bulls just gave this one away. Along with the previous 3 games in the 4th quarter.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    There was a stretch late in the 3rd quarter when you could hardly believe what you were seeing. They gifted Miami like 10 points. Miami should have been down 20 in the 4th. Now listen, Miami deserves a ton of credit, Lebron especially hit a bunch of clutch shots, but he is very Hollywood and the refs fall for it everytime.
    This is what I'm saying. Lebron and Wade hit big shots but they were also gifted some points.

That technical foul was BS. It gave Miami 2 points and another possession.

Late in the game, Lebron was about to turn the ball over at mid-court with time running down on the shot clock and a foul was called. The game just seemed fishy to me. Like I said, I didn't bet on it because I had a feeling the NBA wanted to have time to hype a Dallas/Miami finals.

kaijunn
    kaijunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1361

the refs didn't make the 3's in the end and the refs didn't make the bad passes. those fouls had nothing to do with the last 2-3 minutes. just bad decision making by rose and no playmakers on the floor for the bulls except for rose.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    This is what I'm saying. Lebron and Wade hit big shots but they were also gifted some points.

That technical foul was BS. It gave Miami 2 points and another possession.

Late in the game, Lebron was about to turn the ball over at mid-court with time running down on the shot clock and a foul was called. The game just seemed fishy to me. Like I said, I didn't bet on it because I had a feeling the NBA wanted to have time to hype a Dallas/Miami finals.
    I stopped betting on NBA playoffs several years ago. You really never know what the hell is going to happen. Bulls looked unstoppable for 3 thirds of the game then the refs put Miami on the line 10 times in less than a minute. Then down the stretch they call every touch foul for Miami. Imagine now many people Live Betted the Bulls prior to that thinking they got a steal.

Last year was not much different. Refs make calls and turn the game into a free throw shooting exhibition and the team that's winning the first 3 quarters can't get a call in the 4th.

The disparity in even calls is a huge problem for the NBA IMO. It really taints the game. NBA refs use to be the best in the business but now that Donaghy left, it's gone to hell. The NCAA tourney is just as bad. Refs control the outcome too many times.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Aren't you boys taking into account the rigging that goes on when you cap these games???

The NBA is a money maker. I am very sad to see it end.

WNBA though? Yeah, I still gotta figure it out.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by kaijunn View Post
    the refs didn't make the 3's in the end and the refs didn't make the bad passes. those fouls had nothing to do with the last 2-3 minutes. just bad decision making by rose and no playmakers on the floor for the bulls except for rose.
    That's just the thing. I'm not denying the Heat aren't talented. They are. That's why they are damn near unbeatable when the refs are on their side.

The Bulls played a better game and deserved to win. The Bulls were trying to beat the Heat and the refs. It's damn near impossible. There was no way the Bulls were going to win regardless of how well they played. It was pretty obvious by the calls Miami was getting.

The Refs kept calling fouls and stopping the clock. Eventually Wade and Lebron were going to start making shots after they kept getting more and more opportunities.

I've heard people complain about rigged games a ton and I always tell them the game wasn't rigged. Now I believe it.

tonyp0387
    tonyp0387's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Heat are gonna get more calls its just the way it is. I dont expect Dallas to fold at the end of games like the Bulls or OKC. Miami is gonna have to live at the line in order to compete and everybody knows it ,they wont shoot a higher shooting % then the Mavs no way. I dont think its rigged the stars are going to get the calls especially if thats what they rely on to win games . Look at the Bulls back in the 90's. Who do you think shot more free throws?
    Last edited by tonyp0387; 05-27-11 at 12:43 AM.

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

There were a lot of bad calls in this series. I'm not sure if there were enough to say it's rigged though, that's a bold claim my friend.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Heat only can win games with bias refs.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

no chance... this series would have gone longer if that was the case.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

The Heat have been winning on fast breaks & at the free throw line they'll probably win thanks to the fix. Either way, NBA gets dollars from high TV ratings from this upcoming series regardless of who wins.