Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

it makes sense lebron and wade getting more foul calls. Common in every sport with superstars. In football the same with Messi getting a free kick even whe he is looked at.

Just the same with every sport. Refs are human and obviously look up to superstars

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

please we don't want to see Lebron win...the Mavs are the last line of defense! let's go Mavs!!!!

Corleone
    Corleone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

They steal games because they have the two best closers in the game. Ever watched an NCAA tourney and see how the good teams "steal" one at the end after playing bad most of the game? It's called sports bro! You're probably one of those dudes against a college football playoff because they should "count the whole year". No, it's who's hottest at the right time, it's sports... Have you ever played a sport in your life? One time in college, we led by 5 with 7 seconds left and lost. We choked, they found a way to win, just like the Heat over chi. Hell, Dallas did it twice to okla city. Okla city young and choked up, Dallas took advantage. Damn! The fukn conspiracy shit, crazy! you probably wager based on who you think the fix is in for.... No you probably blame every one your losses on the fix !!!!!!!

Corleone
    Corleone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo1984 View Post
    it makes sense lebron and wade getting more foul calls. Common in every sport with superstars. In football the same with Messi getting a free kick even whe he is looked at.

Just the same with every sport. Refs are human and obviously look up to superstars
    Maybe LeBron and Wade get more fouls called, because they slash and drive to the rack with more skill and precision than others on the court.....just a thought. I mean, they're two of the best players in the world for a reason.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    too be fair the OP is doing it wrong about the nba fixes because without the lottery fix the cavs never would have gotten lebron. since the OP loves to hate more than pretty much anything, he would be deprived of all this hate he loves so much without the lebron to cavs fix. point is he can't have it both ways.
    The Cav's were the worst team in the league the year they got the #1 pick for Lebron, it was conceivable that they would get the #1 pick. Of course him being a local boy made it seemed fishy. I thought that could have been shady along with Patrick Ewing to NY and the Cav's getting the #1 and #4 this year. I call it as I see it. The NBA is a dam soap opera and I wouldn't be surprised on any conspiracy. I've seen too many fixes by my own eyes to be convinced otherwise.

We'll know in the first 30 minutes if the fix is in for this series too. With the amount of money to be made by the NBA if the Heat wins, I don't see anyway possible that the Mavs have a chance.

NYER5680
    NYER5680's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

If you say that , then that holds true for jordan, bryant , add whoever else you want! Lebron and wade attack the basket, and draw contact, more aggressive players tend to get more foul calls.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    Funny, if its truly fixed then you should be making a crap load of money. This forum is all about making money right? I mean who cares who wins, its about profit. Go to ESPN forum to talk sports or to a political forum to talk conspiracys.

You should be focusing all your handicapping skills (if any) on finding the angles that lead you to believe as to which team the NBA wants to win. According to you, its the heat. Then bet the house on the Heat. Easy Peasy...
    I don't bet the NBA playoffs. I stopped doing that several years ago.

I made a bunch of money fading the Heat early in the season and then tailing them late in the year. If I was betting, I'd take the Heat in the series. I think the Mav's are the better team but the Heat will get the calls, which is huge in the 4th quarter/crunch time. Several games in the last month of the regular season were fixed for the Heat and I pounded them. I don't have a problem making money.

The key to a fix is not to blatantly cheat (although you could see some of that going on). You just make a few more calls on one side and you allow more contact by that team. These are professional players, they don't need much of an advantage to win. Letting Lebron get an extra step, giving Wade a few touch foul trips to the FT line to get him going, allow over the back rebounds on one end but make a few phantom calls on the other etc...

Moore
    Moore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    The lakers titles are no different.
    exactly. just watch tape of game 7 last year.

10 fouls called in 4th Qtr alone..

Celts ahead whole game...

Kobe was leading jersey sold. This IS A BUSINESS gents.

East Finals averaged 3 Mill MORE viewers per game...
    that translates to many more advertising $$ for Stern and everyone.

Heat HAD to be there, woulda anyways, maybe not in 5 vs. Bulls.. but there anyways.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by NYER5680 View Post
    If you say that , then that holds true for jordan, bryant , add whoever else you want! Lebron and wade attack the basket, and draw contact, more aggressive players tend to get more foul calls.
    Not true. I saw Jordan play many times and he had to earn most of his trips to the line. He very rarely got touch fouls. Did you forget the pounding he got by the Pistons, Celtics and Cavs? Hell there were Jordan rules by the Pistons that basically said that if he got in front of you, for you to hit the shit out of him.

I'll give you Kobe, he got a lot of touch fouls in last years finals (especially game 7). But the notion that Wade and Lebron attacked more than Rose is wrong. Rose was attacking the basket on every play and was getting the shit kicked out of him and not getting any calls. Deng tried some and the Heat had a license to rape him. You show me when did Lebron or Wade attack the basket more than Rose in that series? They didn't but they got to the FT line on some shady shit, phantom calls. Heck, go over to some football forums and posters that don't even follow basketball were all saying that the refs were cheating for the Heat. I didn't have any money on the series and can call it like I see it. If it was fair, I'd say it. If it was in the Bulls favor, I'd say it. Can anyone honestly say that the Chicago series was fair? Yes Chicago blew it but they didn't get any help from the stripes.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

I like your avatar

Mac4Lyfe

Fair game tonight until a couple of minutes in the 3rd. Then the refs gave the Heat the benefit of the calls in the 4th to seal the victory. Once again the phantom calls is whats really questionable. Guys not even getting touched and the refs call fouls? James continues to walk at will without a foul call? Put an asterisk by this win. Another 4th quarter gift by the refs.

TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Fair game tonight until a couple of minutes in the 3rd. Then the refs gave the Heat the benefit of the calls in the 4th to seal the victory. Once again the phantom calls is whats really questionable. Guys not even getting touched and the refs call fouls? James continues to walk at will without a foul call? Put an asterisk by this win. Another 4th quarter gift by the refs.
    Watching your daily rants is becoming sad. Please show me a play where Lebron traveled tonight.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    Watching your daily rants is becoming sad. Please show me a play where Lebron traveled tonight.
    I'll upload 3 or 4 tomorrow but for now let's review the most egregious of these playoffs. How this was not called is still a head scratcher. You probably will say that it was a crab dribble and perfectly legal

Mac4Lyfe

Sure, there's no conspiracy here at all. Nothing to see here.

Worst of it all is that fans accept it. They say things like, oh it's just star treatment as if it's okay. Stern has everyone in his back pocket as he's the puppet master.

TheThreeKings

Was I not clear? Show me a travel from tonight.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

lmao at those videos some are legit most are not especially the no calls.

Mac4Lyfe

Lebron even travels in commercials...

TheThreeKings

I'm waiting....

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Oklahoma City shoots the most foul shots not miami

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Not true. I saw Jordan play many times and he had to earn most of his trips to the line. He very rarely got touch fouls. Did you forget the pounding he got by the Pistons, Celtics and Cavs? Hell there were Jordan rules by the Pistons that basically said that if he got in front of you, for you to hit the shit out of him.

I'll give you Kobe, he got a lot of touch fouls in last years finals (especially game 7). But the notion that Wade and Lebron attacked more than Rose is wrong. Rose was attacking the basket on every play and was getting the shit kicked out of him and not getting any calls. Deng tried some and the Heat had a license to rape him. You show me when did Lebron or Wade attack the basket more than Rose in that series? They didn't but they got to the FT line on some shady shit, phantom calls. Heck, go over to some football forums and posters that don't even follow basketball were all saying that the refs were cheating for the Heat. I didn't have any money on the series and can call it like I see it. If it was fair, I'd say it. If it was in the Bulls favor, I'd say it. Can anyone honestly say that the Chicago series was fair? Yes Chicago blew it but they didn't get any help from the stripes.

Bro enough. You are so annoying. Your hate for Lebron is annoying. ROSE CONTORTS HIS BODY AWAY FROM CONTACT ADJUSTING HIS BODY IN THE AIR WHILE LEBRON/WADE TAKE THE CONTACT ABOVE THE WAIST.

Miami made the plays in the 4th quarter. Dallas played like soft pussies in the 4th quarter.

Goat Milk

i just put an end to this discussion

you know nothing of basketball. just a bitter cleveland native

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    I counted atleast 3. I do not have the video footage because i didnt record the game but im sure there were more than the 3 i saw. He gets extra steps on layups and the infamous crab dribble. The Heat were favored but the refs in every series so far 76ers, celtics, bulls, and now it will be the mavs. I have no money on the games and i call it like i see it as well. If the other teams were being favored i would have no problem admitting as well, its just a fact that people need to live with. I think dirk deserves a ring and the MVP this year but he will not get it. The reason could be because he dosnt have the supporting cast to help him out or it could be because of the superteam that miami has put together but it is 100% with the refs help and its not by themselves. Like mac said the nba is becoming a soap opera and its getting sad its like its not even a sport anymore and i really am starting to hate it. I wish the refs would just let them play and call the game fairly and not only make bs calls or calls to keep the other team in the game and slow the winning teams momentum, thats all i ask for and may the better team win without the refs on their side.

Goat Milk

how is this lebron james/dwayne wade's fault? The rules have changed so that your not allowed to handcheck anymore- and they still let them play physical today in the playoffs just like the past--but people are constantly handchecking lebron to try and stop him you have to blow the whistle eventually.

they are just doing their job and their will be phantom calls for every star player. Dirk gets all the fukin calls!!!Too bad the Mavs don't have 2 Dirks

Goat Milk

LOL I haven't seen a one sided called game like this since 2006 finals. It was clear the game was rigged for the Mavs to win, and Miami still won

This game was rigged 100% I know a rigged game when I see one.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    LOL I haven't seen a one sided called game like this since 2006 finals. It was clear the game was rigged for the Mavs to win, and Miami still won This game was rigged 100% I know a rigged game when I see one.
    Definitely felt like the officiating was in the Mavs favor.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Ahahahaha all the Lebron haters are trying to come up with excuses now for why the Heat are winning. Funny no one gave a shit when he was with Cleveland. Wahh cry some more

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    LOL I haven't seen a one sided called game like this since 2006 finals. It was clear the game was rigged for the Mavs to win, and Miami still won

This game was rigged 100% I know a rigged game when I see one.
    The game sure looked like a fix for Dallas last night. I was out of town and didn't have time to post but the refs were horribly biased towards Dallas. Even when the Mav's got ALL the calls, they still couldn't get it done. What the fuk happened to Dallas' guard play. Those guys look like shit, all of em.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

How else can you rig an NBA game? Gotta use the refs man!

dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

This shit is rediclious...how many times will we hear that NBA is fixed when someone looses a net?

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Some of the comments in this thread are funny. There is no doubt that I watch a different game than everyone else. I think people get way too emotionally invested in games they bet on, teams they root for, and situations they make public predictions about, and in the end the eyes are clouded.

Last night was a poorly officiated game in many respects, and both teams benefited at key junctures. Any of you who are saying the Heat were unfairly helped in game 3 OR that the Mavs were unfairly helped in game 3, I personally think you are bonko. Both teams received some important calls they didn't deserve. That said, in the long run, you should expect more bad calls to go the Heat's way simply because they are the aggressor. In basketball, the aggressor gets the calls. But I have certainly seen plenty of times this season, including the Finals series, where the Heat have been victim of some awful officiating. Still, given time, they will come out ahead in the "that call sucked!" department.

By the way, go Mavs.

Goat Milk

The game sure looked like a fix for Dallas last night. I was out of town and didn't have time to post but the refs were horribly biased towards Dallas. Even when the Mav's got ALL the calls, they still couldn't get it done. What the fuk happened to Dallas' guard play. Those guys look like shit, all of em.
    They are getting smothered on the perimeter, and have no room to do anything. The funny thing is that the Mavs shot jump shots the whole game while the Heat were attacking the paint all game and the jump shooting team went to the line twice as much

Mavs should come out more focused in game 4. They need to stop playing from behind

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

Anyone who seriously believes that NBA, NFL, NHL, or MLB games are fixed is a total fuktard and should cease opening their mouth ever again. Ever. Guess who's gonna win the finals??? Whichever team is better. OMG!!!... It's not fukkin rocket science.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeChip View Post
    Anyone who seriously believes that NBA, NFL, NHL, or MLB games are fixed is a total fuktard and should cease opening their mouth ever again. Ever. Guess who's gonna win the finals??? Whichever team is better. OMG!!!... It's not fukkin rocket science.
    Your either too young or you don't watch sports... Have you tried to bet the last 2 weeks of football or basketball? Teams are purposefully losing as they jockey for position. Have you seen the betting lines in those games? Some times the lines aren't even posted as everyone knows the fix is in.

What do you call the San Francisco 49ers, who had clinched a playoff berth, lost their regular-season finale in 1988 to the Los Angeles Rams , thereby keeping the New York Giants (who had defeated the 49ers in the playoffs in both 1985 and 1986, also injuring 49er quarterback Joe Montana in the latter year's game) from qualifying for the postseason; after the game, Giants quarterback Phil Simms angrily accused the 49ers of "laying down like dogs.

the 2006 LA Clippers tanked late season games so they could finish with the 6th seed and play the 8th-ranked team in the league's Western Conference, the Denver Nuggets , who were the 3rd seed by way of winning their division. Another quirk in the league's playoff system gave the Clippers even more of an incentive to tank. The NBA is the only one of the four leagues which home advantage in the playoffs is based strictly on regular-season record without regard to seeding. If the Clippers had finished with the 5th seed in the West, they would have had to face the Dallas Mavericks, who despite being the 4th seed had the second-best record in the conference, which would give the Mavericks home advantage. However, the Clippers would have home advantage in a series against the Nuggets by virtue of a better overall record. By tanking as their strategy, it worked, as the Clippers easily won their first round series. Following the 2006 season, the NBA changed its playoff format so that the best second-place team in each conference would be able to obtain up to the #2 seed should it have the second-best conference record.

In the closing game of the 2004 season, the Indianapolis Colts faced the Denver Broncos. With a win, the Broncos would advance to the playoffs as a wild card and face the Colts as their first round playoff opponent. It would seem the Colts had little incentive to win as their loss would ensure that they would play a team they dominated in the 2003 Wild Card game. Sure enough, the Colts rested their starters, lost the game, and went on to blow out the Broncos the following week in the playoffs.

Former NBA referee Tim Donaghy has been alleged to have perpetrated some of his fixes by calling games in such a manner as to ensure more points than expected were scored by both teams, thus affecting "over-under" bets on the games whilst also ensuring that Donaghy at least did not look to be outright biased. Also, bets are increasingly being taken on individual performances in team sporting events, which in turn has seen the rise of a phenomenon known as spot-fixing, although it is currently unlikely that enough is bet on an average player to allow someone to place a substantial wager on them without being noticed.

The most infamous example of this in North America was the Black Sox Scandal, in which several members of the Chicago White Sox conspired with gamblers to fix the World Series.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...

Wow. C'mon man. You think lying down to jockey for position (draft, which team to play) and a game being fixed is the same thing? Everyone has been bitching that the refs are fixing the game for the Heat. That would have dick to do with anything you mentioned. A team purposefully losing a game and the refs interfering to let one team win a game are two completely different things. By your rationale, the Mavs would be tanking on purpose... Have you been watching the entire playoffs? They haven't tanked once. Did you just mention the Black Sox scandal? LOL, that happened almost a 100 years ago hahaha, baseball was an entirely different sport then in relation to gambling. The funny thing is I'd bet everything I own that you love to gamble on sports, but the question is why? If you know it's fixed it's unbelievably counter intuitive for you to bet on any game. There's the answer.

BTW, when people copy and paste wikipedia it's obvious they don't really know the subject they're arguing for.

FEARtheSPEAR24
    FEARtheSPEAR24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure what the point of this post is...If I have seen anything rigged in the NBA in the Finals this year it's been for the Mavs benefit thus far. The Mavs get almost every call, and the Heat can't ever get anything in there favor. Look at how many ft's lebron/dwade have taken in this series. You are an idiot, please stop posting pointless bs.

First 123