ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulls 1Q Trend & ML???

Found a strong trend that appears to favor CHI in the 1Q quite well, here's the data. Notice the 1q spread. This reads as show me the teams down 3-1 on an opponent playing as a home favorite. I limited it to the Eastern conference only since they play out differently than WC games, from a scoring standpoint.

If you think about it, this makes sense. Team down 3-1 at home playing for their lives. Expect them to come out fired up and jump on the other team. Chicago has shown they have fight and I expect we'll see it in the 1Q with the crowd behind them.

This favors ATS and ML as well. I wouldn't bet my life, but I'd feel confident in either.

I'm all over CHI 1Q/-1.5 -115 and parlaying the ML and the under and/or CHI for the game.

Miami is hot right now, but I don't think they close this out tonight on the road. They want to do it at home and the stats back it up.
    Points Awarded:

Love The Action gave ManBearPig 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Love The Action

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed with the assessment of the 1Q. I didn't realize the trend was so extreme. I'm hesitant to play the Bulls for the full game, but I tend to agree with your lean of the Bulls pushing it to 6 games.

I have CHI 1Q -1 at Pinnacle but for -125... Expensive, but I think it's a winner.

NB: I need to get better at SQL queries...
    Last edited by suicidekings; 05-26-11 at 07:16 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

I agree. Took some -1 early and then also played a bunch of the first to (10,15,20,25,30) points.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

I took them 1H, feel safer about that. I did same with Thunder last night and it paid off.

ManBearPig

Ya it's easy to get carried away but you look at this and it's pretty cut and dry if you analyze the situation. The Bulls haven't lost 3 games all season if I recall and one wouldn't expect them to lose 4, but it is called gambling for a reason.

I just went with the Bulls ML and 1Q as well as a PL for the under and the ML so we'll see.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Ya it's easy to get carried away but you look at this and it's pretty cut and dry if you analyze the situation. The Bulls haven't lost 3 games all season if I recall and one wouldn't expect them to lose 4, but it is called gambling for a reason.

I just went with the Bulls ML and 1Q as well as a PL for the under and the ML so we'll see.
    If the Bulls take a significant lead in the 1Q, I will strongly consider a play on the larger Heat ML in live betting. Bulls might win the game by 10 but regardless of the final score, I would be shocked if the game isn't close at some point later on.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Deng was the difference for us. Nice early hit. I was really hoping the Bulls were going to walk out of the 1Q with a 8-10 point lead to build some value in the MIA line, but oh well.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Good call.

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

good call there

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

and good luck to you in the future

suicidekings
    Update your status

MBP (or anyone else): What am I doing wrong here?

Trying to get the results from Bulls games only but it's returning games for all teams...

4<=Bulls:margin after the first and season=2010

lucky888gunz
    Parlay GB ML -145 Jon Jones -300
    lucky888gunz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks mbp

ManBearPig

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    MBP (or anyone else): What am I doing wrong here? Trying to get the results from Bulls games only but it's returning games for all teams...
    I think this is what you're going for...Margin after the 1Q for the season. SDQL

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I think this is what you're going for...Margin after the 1Q for the season. SDQL
    Ah... perfect. Thank you.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Thanks for your contribution MBP. Much appreciated.

ManBearPig

Just here to win money...and then give it all back.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    If the Bulls take a significant lead in the 1Q, I will strongly consider a play on the larger Heat ML in live betting. Bulls might win the game by 10 but regardless of the final score, I would be shocked if the game isn't close at some point later on.
    I had a MIA +2500 available late in the game with the Bulls up 10 and said to myself, "no... that's impossible."