BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

This is why you should unload on the Mavericks

A thing called learned helplessness:

Learned helplessness, as a technical term in animal psychology and related human psychology, means a condition of a human person or an animal in which it has learned to behave helplessly, even when the opportunity is restored for it to help itself by avoiding an unpleasant or harmful circumstance to which it has been subjected. Learned helplessness theory is the view that clinical depression and related mental illnesses may result from a perceived absence of control over the outcome of a situation.

Thunder down 3-1, on the Road, blew a 15 point lead with 5 minutes to go. Then lose in overtime.

Mentally, they are done.

Physically, they cannot compete with the Mavericks.

Mavs ML (10x)

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck. Hope you're right.

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

if you're so sure why don't u take the spread?

BookieOweMe

anything can happen^

fixedgames
    fixedgames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The learned helplessness term was coined after zapping caged dogs repeatedly with electricity. Even when they opened the cage, they didn't attempt escape but sat there getting electrocuted because they lost hope... It's a term applied to the abused in cases of spousal or domestic abuse... Now you're implying that Thunders will lose because they feel as though they have no control of the outcome or are experiencing learned helplessness? I agree with the bet but your logic seems retarded. You're diagnosing a team and determining their level of motivation? yeah.... this was a funny thread though.

knelson
    knelson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I'm giving 6 1/2 points in this one.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

OKC over

BookieOweMe

Quote Originally Posted by fixedgames View Post
    The learned helplessness term was coined after zapping caged dogs repeatedly with electricity. Even when they opened the cage, they didn't attempt escape but sat there getting electrocuted because they lost hope... It's a term applied to the abused in cases of spousal or domestic abuse... Now you're implying that Thunders will lose because they feel as though they have no control of the outcome or are experiencing learned helplessness? I agree with the bet but your logic seems retarded. You're diagnosing a team and determining their level of motivation? yeah.... this was a funny thread though.
    i know but you'd feel hopeless after that too.

Fasttrack
    Fasttrack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

I hope Dallas comes through and OKC is mentally done for the season.

BookieOweMe

wasnt exactly as planned but a win is a win