riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

True, they know he will always drive and therefore converge around him. At least Rose knows how to kick it out back to Deng or Korver for an easy 3.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

westbrook is the reason this team will never win it all, period

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan2212 View Post
    Westbrook has had more turnovers than assists every game this series, so some blame is warranted considering he is a Point Guard. In fairness though hes a top 5 PG, so the "hating" on Westbrook is magnified 10x more.
    How can you possibly say Westbrook is a top 5 PG when in the biggest games of the entire year he has had more turnovers than assists in each of them?

You will NEVER see Chris Paul, Derrick Rose or Deron Williams on the bench for the entire 4Q of a tight playoff game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He just has to stop forcing
    Pretty simple

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

until he figures out he ain't the best player on his team...

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I laughed when Westbrook pushed Dirk and won a T. He looked like a little bitch and Dirk could easily put him over his knee and spank him.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Westbrook for this season was a top 5 PG, last year he wasn't even in the discussion. Of course he makes poor decisions at times, he's still young and learning the PG position which I'm sure he never played before the NBA. He still has the scorer first mentality and the Thunder indeed needs his scoring. I mean Durant would get doubled and tripled team ever time if they did have a Westbrook on their team who provides scoring and playmaking ability. Westbrook commands respect from the opposing team and that's an added plus for the Thunder.

Durant has to demand the ball and be the clear leader on the court. Those spurts of not getting the ball is on Durant as much is it is on Westbrook. If the Thunder wanna get a traditional PG they'll still need another scorer to give some relief to Durant. Harden does provide that, so we'll see if the Thunder make any changes in the near future.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by HustleGetPaid View Post
    Westbrook for this season was a top 5 PG, last year he wasn't even in the discussion. Of course he makes poor decisions at times, he's still young and learning the PG position which I'm sure he never played before the NBA. He still has the scorer first mentality and the Thunder indeed needs his scoring. I mean Durant would get doubled and tripled team ever time if they did have a Westbrook on their team who provides scoring and playmaking ability. Westbrook commands respect from the opposing team and that's an added plus for the Thunder.

Durant has to demand the ball and be the clear leader on the court. Those spurts of not getting the ball is on Durant as much is it is on Westbrook. If the Thunder wanna get a traditional PG they'll still need another scorer to give some relief to Durant. Harden does provide that, so we'll see if the Thunder make any changes in the near future.
    He was not a top 5 Point guard this year. Can he get better? Sure. Rondo looked like crap his first year and became a solid guard. Right now, Westbrook is not making good decisions.

And one other thing, can people stop blaming ESPN for obvious things that are going on. It's annoying.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

hes not a top 5 yet, he self destructs taking too many shots and makes his team lose. If he was a t5 he wouldn't have been benched the 4q

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

He's still a young guy. It's up to him to show if the benching will make him a better long-term player. And by the way--it's a bit refreshing to see a coach who is still willing to use the pine option as a way to get a point across. I had thought those days were long gone.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Westbrook may get it together, but there is no denying that he is hurting the team right now. I cant count how many times he drove to the hole and tossed up a horrible , untargted shot, in hopes of getting a foul call. even if there were no defenders in a position to foul.

That being said.... Dirk is a punk.

Watching him shove Westbrook, then get shoved back and he started screaming pointing at Westbrook and clapping. Your up by 20, just play the game

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Just imagine if they had took Westbrooke out the fourth quarter of game 3. You think the Thunder could have stole a win from the then choking Mavs?

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I think this argument is ridiculous. This team is in the Western finals and all of the sudden Westbrook is some borderline dleaguer that shouldn't even be in the game? Or should just pass the ball and go hide in the corner or something? Give me a break. Where is Durant during all this? At least Westbrook is trying.

SportsPedagogy

Nobodys saying hes a d-leaguer, but he is struggling and taking stupid shots. Cant deny that.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

westbrook sucks and he cost OKC the title and my clams last night for selfish and stupidity

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!

Westbrook is good at penetrating and finishing at the rim. He's good at rebounding for his position. He's good at getting steals.

He';s not good at anything else.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

^^^ finishes at the rim??? no way, thats his fukkin problem

i don't think there would be as much hate if the fukkin guy could finish at the rim. seems like every time i watch him play, he makes a strong drive to the rack and comes up short. even when he gets fouled, he still goes strong, but he doesnt finish. if he figures this out, his game increases majorly

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    You're joking.

10 possessions in the 4th where he did not even pass the ball. 7 TOs. Air balled 3 and dribbled it out-of-bounds in final 3 minutes that sealed it completely for Dallas. Probably another 10 possessions in the 1st half where he dribbled for 20 seconds and then bricked it or dumped it to a player with 2 seconds who bricked.

This and he gets way too many calls.

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by Hazious View Post
    ^^^ finishes at the rim??? no way, thats his fukkin problem

i don't think there would be as much hate if the fukkin guy could finish at the rim. seems like every time i watch him play, he makes a strong drive to the rack and comes up short. even when he gets fouled, he still goes strong, but he doesnt finish. if he figures this out, his game increases majorly
    well check the stats instead of using your eyes. He finishes at the rim just as good as Derrick Rose....

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

I wish they would trade him to the Magic if they don't want him. The dude is 22 years old still trying to learn how to play. He will be a top three guard in the league.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 478

if they played Maynor again in the 4th they probably would have pulled off the comeback

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

All the hate is unwarranted because he has done nothing personally to deserve it. Playing average basketball should not incite hate as it has done here. Guys all over the league talking shit, whining about calls, raping, shooting and assaulting other people and people hating on a guy for not playing his best. Pathetic.

chantrain

raping? who's raping?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    All the hate is unwarranted because he has done nothing personally to deserve it. Playing average basketball should not incite hate as it has done here. Guys all over the league talking shit, whining about calls, raping, shooting and assaulting other people and people hating on a guy for not playing his best. Pathetic.
    When you're the starting PG on a team that's made it all the way to the conference finals, more is expected of you. If the bulk of the problem wasn't coming from his decision-making (particularly in key moments) then he wouldn't be getting nearly as much criticism.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    raping? who's raping?
    Loul Deng got raped ... the officals just turned their heads lol .

But in all seriousness ... To beat a good defensive team like the Mavs, you have to pass the ball multiple times to get an open look. Westbrook is playing selfish basketball. i dont think unwarranted is the word

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20709

remains to be seen if he matures enough to gain the next level

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Maybe he didn't get laid during the playoffs yet. He wasn't that bad in the regular season though

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He just has to stop forcing
    Pretty simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    until he figures out he ain't the best player on his team...
    I agree with both of these guys. He has to sit down and think about the position he's playing. He's a point guard, not a 2 guard. There are flaws with everyone's game. His flaws are just mental errors, he's not a bright kid. Doesn't have a high basketball iq at this stage in his career.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

Maynor definitely would have closed that game out Westbrook needs to go he's the new Marbury

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

It was a two man game with harden fouled out. The Westbrook haters won't think about that though.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm just not sure why Brooks is too stubborn to try a lineup with Maynor and Westbrook on the floor? Definitely giving up some size on D but Maynor is more of a threat to score than Thabo.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO

westbrook = starbury 2.0

Maynor > starbury 2.0

somachino1
    somachino1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very gifted athlete, thats it.

Extremely undisciplined. Poor shot selection, poor protection of the ball when it matters, a brick machine in the clutch. It pains me to watch someone so gifted not know how to take advantage of it.

First 12