bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Can Kidd defend Westbrook ?

Can he? He was on Kobe vs the LA, but that wasn't Kobe 8 years ago. Or Terry takes over Russell? I think he can rape the old Dallas anytime.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Westbrook should be able to have his way with Kidd...like you said Kobe isn't the Kobe of old so that's not saying much and Westbrook is 22...23? Kidd will need some help most likely.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kidd is not going to be assigned exclusively to defending Westbrook. Stephenson/Terry/Brewer are much more suitable and will be on him for the majority of the time. Kidd can't keep up with him all night, but will probably see time against him in key spots late in the game.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Westbrook is overrated

His shooting will kill OKC

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

I agree. Everytime he will get pass a defender ( mostly I mean Terry ) he will take that free throw jumper and specially if he dribbles off Kidd he will feel himself strong and just take that shots. Maybe the only way I see Thunder win the series is that jump shot from Westbrook. But I'm afraid this can be lethal..

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

If they're smart, they will just let Westbrook shoot from the perimeter all day.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bureK View Post
    I agree. Everytime he will get pass a defender ( mostly I mean Terry ) he will take that free throw jumper and specially if he dribbles off Kidd he will feel himself strong and just take that shots. Maybe the only way I see Thunder win the series is that jump shot from Westbrook. But I'm afraid this can be lethal..
    The Mavs have been solid in the first two series with respect to their help defense on drives into the paint. Russell is going to drive but he's going to run into Chandler/Haywood in the paint. I think a big key for the Mavs will be making it really tough for him to reach the rim and forcing him to shoot from further out.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Westbrook has not been guarded all year.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bureK View Post
    Westbrook is terrible at that free throw jumper. I think people think he's good at it because he shoots it so much that he will make one every now and then but I'm positive he doesn't shoot it better than 40%. Westbrook ranks #123rd in the league in 2 PT FG%. That's downright horrible for a guy that is suppose to be one of the best players at his position. What makes it worse is the guy is teribble shooting two pointers yet he ranks 2nd in the league in 2 PT Attempts.

He also leads all point guards in the league in turnovers. Pretty much the one stat category you really want your PG to be good at it and he is the downright worse and it hasn't changed in the postseason at all.
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 05-16-11 at 06:19 PM.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

When west stop shooting and passing that ball more, I'm playing the under. Game 7 menpiss had under written on it when west be passing for assist.

When the kid gets his 30+, I'm on the over. West 30 and durant 30, 100+ game in the play.

We just don't know what west is going to do out there.

smarsh816
    smarsh816's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

it really dont matter he will jack up shots all game he will beat him to the rim but hes not gonna do that everytime

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Westbrook needs to be more a facilitator than a jump shooter....

J. Kidd can't keep up with his speed getting to the rim, but he's a solid defender

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

If RW plays like a PG is supposed to like he did the last game they played against the mavs then they have a chance, if he tries to play take over they are doomed to lose in a sweep or 4-1. Barea has the speed to keep up with rw and you know the coach will make whatever adjustments are needed. Basically what SJ said is dead on
    Last edited by twelvejewelz; 05-16-11 at 07:16 PM.

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    If they're smart, they will just let Westbrook shoot from the perimeter all day.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    If RW plays like a PG is supposed to like he did the last game they played against the mavs then they have a chance, if he tries to play take over they are doomed to lose in a sweep or 4-1. Barea has the speed to keep up with rw and you know the coach will make whatever adjustments are needed. Basically what SJ said is dead on
    Shorty can not guard a run and shoot player. Don't believe me? Just wait till shorty guard Rose if both teams are able to get to the finals.

It is like you shooting free throws with a shorty there trying to foul you. LOL

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also, I believe the team that shut down Westbrook the best was Dallas this season. He shot an awful 31% from the field in three games. He averaged 14ppg which is about 8 points less than his average of 22. I guess whatever that old geezer Kidd was doing was working.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    Shorty can not guard a run and shoot player. Don't believe me? Just wait till shorty guard Rose if both teams are able to get to the finals. It is like you shooting free throws with a shorty there trying to foul you. LOL
    Im just saying he does have the speed to keep up with him i know westbrook has 3 inches on him but hes got the athleticism to keep up, kidd is no slacker either though. And rose and RW are 2 totally different people, Rose will run circles around westbrook!!

AikenJ
    AikenJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Of. Course.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I'm still confused why Memphis did a fantastic job defending Durant/Westbrook in game 6, but just shut down in game 7. I can guarantee you a team like Dallas isn't that inconsistent.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

That series was the zig-zag theory in full effect. W-L-W-L...

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

i think theyd put a more athletic guard like jason terry on westbrook

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

no

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

No, but im sure jason terry would do well against westbrook. Nowitzki will be able to do whatever he wants in this game like usual.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

OKLA. should try and make Kidd be the shooter from outside. OKLA. has played very well against the Mavs this year. Westbrook and Durant have the advantage in this matchup.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

No, Kidd cant defend Westbrook, but nobody can defend Dirk either. I think this could be a 7-game series of epic proportions!

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Westbrook scored 15, 15, 13 this year against Mavs. Mavs will rotate defenders on him like in the past. Durant get's his points, minimize Westbrook and force combination of other Thunder players to pick up the slack and score. Not sure who that will be. Mavs seem to have more options to score , better overall talent and experience

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

I'm more interested how terry and ibaka play

Jackie Moon
    Jackie Moon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think we can all agree when Russ gets hot the thunder are tough to beat. I feel that he has struggled (and literally taken the thunder out of games) this postseason but he is still a heck of a player. I wont argue that he has his moments when he looks like the 12 man but still the guy isn't that bad