robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Im going with mavs. 1 week layoff does the mavs good. The extra week of games for okc would tire them out but not too much

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    this makes no sense, no team in the history of sports (barring a fix or lay down) let's anyone win a game or for that matter a game on their home turf. okc was 5-0 ats vs dallas this year and matchup pretty well in this series. will they win the series, maybe not. is game 1 a perfect spot to sneak in a win, without question.
    It makes no sense if someone is stupid enough to take it literally.

When I say "let them win" it means lack of motivation or lack of preparedness. Dallas has had a long time to prepare for game 1 it's not like they went to Mexico for a vacation. No they've been resting and training for game 1 for a very long time.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Thunder very tasty

mavs not so much

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

+ 6 for me.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Bro i like your logic here but i'm on the other side. I think Dallas takes this series in 5.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Liking the Thunder here as well. Probably taking the 6 though. I wonder how Dallas will guard Durant and Westbrook. Who matchs up defensively with either of them on Dallas? I think Durant will be a huge matchup problem for Dallas.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    It makes no sense if someone is stupid enough to take it literally.

When I say "let them win" it means lack of motivation or lack of preparedness. Dallas has had a long time to prepare for game 1 it's not like they went to Mexico for a vacation. No they've been resting and training for game 1 for a very long time.
    i know what you meant, i was joking. what cannot happen and almost never happens is a team flipping a switch after not playing for over a week (in the playoffs) whether they are rookies or veterans. it doesn't work like that. can dallas win and cover here, yes of course they can. should you be betting them after a sweep of the mighty lakers (a huge thorn in their side, and the entire west) and a huge layoff where okc rolls right in under normal rest, not smart trust me. if you have dallas -6 you are gambling. if you have dallas i wish you luck, your situation is terrible.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10406

interesting play lb. are you thinking dallas' old guards show themselves on tuesday? who will guard dirk, durant?

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

I agree there is value with the Thunder at this odds. I'll play them on BetFair and and maybe sell my position as the game progesses. After all, Mavs will not get a better opportunity to reach the finals.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

People so easily forget that Dallas has covered 11 straight games in a row!

I probably won't bet this, but if I did I would take OKC 1st half. If you think Dallas is going to come out "rusty" and "slow" and all that just take OKC 1st half.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    People so easily forget that Dallas has covered 11 straight games in a row!

Denver and Memphis had massive ats streaks before they played OKC

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Im taking OKC with the points. Very curious to see how Jason Kidd plays. 1st 2 rounds he played against Fisher and Miller, the 2 slowest PGs in the NBA. I see Westbrook having a great series.

foutty25
    foutty25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

gonna be good one taken okla with points though

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    True, but I know OKC did not cover against Memphis game 1 and I'm not even sure if they covered against Denver game 1, they only won by 4 pts. OKC will cover a few games in this series, just not sure if game 1 is the right play.

jacer333
    jacer333's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post

And, Dallas is such a solid road team that I think betting OKC on the road is better value then when they play in OKC where the line will be close to a pick.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

The spread "looks good" but that's what I hate about spreads like +6, inevitably the Mavs will be up by 3 or 4 with a minute left then OKC goes into intentional foul mode and who knows where the final score finishes, could finish on 5 could finish on 7 who knows

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7360

Can someone who follows stats etc fll me in . Dont the thunder usually play well in big D? Havent they won there last two games there? Havent all the last 5 games been decided by 6 points or less? I cant see why anyone would be on dallas -6 in this game. The line is overinflated because dallas beat the lakers. OKC is a better team than this years lakers and dont forget that despite all the turmoil in the lakers room they still were whipping dallas in game 1 and had game 3 in dallas under full control until late meltdowns. This is a really bad matchup for the mavs. A really bad matchup. The thunder should ride the momentum of a game 7 to a win here. They are young and hungry and a game 1 win will make this an interesting series. The grizz were a good team it wasnt gonna be easy- lets not forget they beat the spurs.

fixedgames
    fixedgames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Anybody got numbers, on how teams do after sweeping in their previous series?

This should be a competitive series. Two completely different teams.

Mavs are full of veterans, who are totally locked into this years playoffs. OKC's best 4 players are no older than 22. What OKC lacks in experience, they supplement with chemistry and talent.

Tough to call. Waiting until 2nd Half myself. Over seems like the play.
    Chemistry? Uhhh idk about chemistry dude

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Can someone who follows stats etc fll me in . Dont the thunder usually play well in big D? Havent they won there last two games there? Havent all the last 5 games been decided by 6 points or less? I cant see why anyone would be on dallas -6 in this game. The line is overinflated because dallas beat the lakers. OKC is a better team than this years lakers and dont forget that despite all the turmoil in the lakers room they still were whipping dallas in game 1 and had game 3 in dallas under full control until late meltdowns. This is a really bad matchup for the mavs. A really bad matchup. The thunder should ride the momentum of a game 7 to a win here. They are young and hungry and a game 1 win will make this an interesting series. The grizz were a good team it wasnt gonna be easy- lets not forget they beat the spurs.
    In just straight numbers, I made a fair line for this game to be DAL -6, 196.5. The line seems about right.

I view it more as a letdown spot for the Thunder who just played a long and intense series against a team that plays an entirely different game than the Mavs. The Thunder are not great in the halfcourt, but that's where they're going to be spending a lot of their time in this series. I don't expect them to penetrate the paint very easily. Westbrook has played worse against the Mavs than any team faced this year while Dirk, Marion, and Chandler have all played particularly well against the Thunder. Jeff Green contributed 15 ppg in the 3 games this season, and he's obviously not around anymore, while Harden was solidly shut down by the Mavs in 2 of the 3 meetings. The only game the Thunder won against the Mavs this season was on 1/6 when Dallas was without Dirk. In the other two games he had 13 points in 11 minutes before leaving the game on 12/27 and 34 points on 11/24. The Mavs won these two games by 8 & 10 points and in both games, completely dominated the Thunder in the 4Q.

I don't really understand what you mean by bad matchups here for Dallas. Which matchups are you talking about?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    In just straight numbers, I made a fair line for this game to be DAL -6, 196.5. The line seems about right.

I view it more as a letdown spot for the Thunder who just played a long and intense series against a team that plays an entirely different game than the Mavs. The Thunder are not great in the halfcourt, but that's where they're going to be spending a lot of their time in this series. I don't expect them to penetrate the paint very easily. Westbrook has played worse against the Mavs than any team faced this year while Dirk, Marion, and Chandler have all played particularly well against the Thunder. Jeff Green contributed 15 ppg in the 3 games this season, and he's obviously not around anymore, while Harden was solidly shut down by the Mavs in 2 of the 3 meetings. The only game the Thunder won against the Mavs this season was on 1/6 when Dallas was without Dirk. In the other two games he had 13 points in 11 minutes before leaving the game on 12/27 and 34 points on 11/24. The Mavs won these two games by 8 & 10 points and in both games, completely dominated the Thunder in the 4Q.

I don't really understand what you mean by bad matchups here for Dallas. Which matchups are you talking about?

The thing is that dallas will have the letdown after a big series win over LAL. OKC will ride the momentum from the last series. That is the way it usually works out. Like the heat last night. OKC matches up well with the mavs. The reg season here isnt that big cause the games were played ages ago.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Mavs 10-0 ats , 14-0 ats including 4 game run to end the season. Jumped on the Mavs at -5 when it opened. You can do all the research you want on the game, but you can lose a LOT of money betting against streaks. I'll ride Dallas until proven wrong.

Can't really argue with value on Thunder. Hey, they have to play the game. But, remember, it's been a long time since somebodys cashed a ticket going against Dallas.

t-wizzle

Like i said, i hear you with your entire logic here. OKC is coming right off their Game 7 win and don't even have much time to think about this series and i really do like that angle. But I think this Dallas team is really good. The Thunder aren't ready for this yet - Next year will be a different story.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Like i said, i hear you with your entire logic here. OKC is coming right off their Game 7 win and don't even have much time to think about this series and i really do like that angle. But I think this Dallas team is really good. The Thunder aren't ready for this yet - Next year will be a different story.

Is that because they beat the lakers? they did lose 2 games to the blazers.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Thunder let Conley get open looks from deep all series, Peja will make them pay

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Im still trying to figure out who the hell on Dallas is going to guard Westbrook and Durant. Kidd and Terry? Marion and Dirk? I think Dallas has advantage on bench but as far as starting 5 goes its close IMO. OKC will make this a series, not sure they will win it, but they wont go easy.

t-wizzle

Is that because they beat the lakers? they did lose 2 games to the blazers.
    And didn't everyone have Portland beating Dallas? Portland won a must-win Game 3 by 5 and had a fluke comeback win in Game 4 when Roy had that insane fourth quarter and they came back from 20-some down.

I think Dallas is really good because of their defense and because they have a lot of guys who make the other team pay for leaving them open. Getting Chandler was huge for the Mavs.

By the way, this is coming from a guy who has always disliked Dallas.

suicidekings
    Update your status

The thing is that dallas will have the letdown after a big series win over LAL. OKC will ride the momentum from the last series. That is the way it usually works out. Like the heat last night. OKC matches up well with the mavs. The reg season here isnt that big cause the games were played ages ago.
    How long do the effects of a letdown last? I have to think that the week since their last game was played has given them ample time to get that out of their system and focus on their next series. They're a group of veterans that know that this might be their last chance at an NBA title. They didn't come here to beat the Lakers. The Lakers were just a stepping stone.

The Thunder, on the other hand, BARELY avoided going down 3-1 against the Grizz with a 3OT game, and then came back to win a series in 7 against a team that made them work for it. The Mavs are an entirely different opponent than the Grizzlies and I really doubt that Brooks will have them really ready for this game.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    How long do the effects of a letdown last? I have to think that the week since their last game was played has given them ample time to get that out of their system and focus on their next series. They're a group of veterans that know that this might be their last chance at an NBA title. They didn't come here to beat the Lakers. The Lakers were just a stepping stone.

The Thunder, on the other hand, BARELY avoided going down 3-1 against the Grizz with a 3OT game, and then came back to win a series in 7 against a team that made them work for it. The Mavs are an entirely different opponent than the Grizzlies and I really doubt that Brooks will have them really ready for this game.

true but they also blew big leads in game 3 and 6 so that was the even out. also the grizz were a cinderella show and those are hard to put away sometimes.i bet that dallas never thought the lakers were a stepping stone before the playoffs began. were the lakers really that good anyways?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Who guards Dirk?

suicidekings
    Update your status

true but they also blew big leads in game 3 and 6 so that was the even out. also the grizz were a cinderella show and those are hard to put away sometimes.i bet that dallas never thought the lakers were a stepping stone before the playoffs began. were the lakers really that good anyways?
    Not really. You can definitely attribute a portion of that sweep to a Laker breakdown and matchup issues, but I thought that Carlisle really tailored the Mavs approach to the games to attack the Lakers where they were weak. They had a strong gameplan and they stuck to it for all four games. Maybe not stepping stones at the time, but Dirk/Kidd/Terry had their sights set high for the postseason. They're going to be all business tomorrow.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Who guards Dirk?
    He can't be stopped. That doesn't mean they win every time.

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    The spread "looks good" but that's what I hate about spreads like +6, inevitably the Mavs will be up by 3 or 4 with a minute left then OKC goes into intentional foul mode and who knows where the final score finishes, could finish on 5 could finish on 7 who knows

Thats what has me 2nd guessing. Spread seems too good
    in my eyes a game I think OKC can win.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

He can't be stopped. That doesn't mean they win every time.
    I just don't see how this team matches up well with Dallas.

Coaching is a total mismatch here, too.

lakerboy

okay i give up. dallas is a lock in game 1. game wont even be played.

First 12345 ... Last