TheThreeKings
    TheThreeKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Heat/Bulls Question

How come all the talk has about who can guard Rose? Doesn't anyone realize that the best two offensive players in this series will be wearing Heat jerseys? Who's going to stop them?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

enough of this. Just read the write up I did.

This forum is full of sports bettors, not basketball viewers. Let them draw their conclusions from the regular season. This series won't even be close..

I make unbiased decisions thats why I called the Lakers winning the last 2 championships and Miami winning this year

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Two of the biggest homers in this forum right here
    goat I thought the hear were getting you out of that hole you buried yourself in?

Those plays you made don't come close.

Goat how come after every losing thread you post you disappear for days and can't even show your face in it?

hawley

Goat maybe this forum is full of sports betters because this is a sports handicapping forum.

Is that a possibility?

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Two of the biggest homers in this forum right here
    goat I thought the hear were getting you out of that hole you buried yourself in?

Those plays you made don't come close.

Goat how come after every losing thread you post you disappear for days and can't even show your face in it?
    Saying the two best offensive players in the series belong to Miami isn't being a homer. Sure, I want Miami to win, but it's a fairly difficult argument to put Rose above Lebron or Wade no matter who you are rooting for.

The biggest problem on the forum is that everyone works backwards when it comes to reaching conclusions about games. What I mean by that is people pick who they think will win, THEN go looking for facts to back up their opinions. Any logical personw ould weigh the facts and evidence first to help in reaching a conclusion. From the writeups I read here daily I know they isn't the case with 95% of you.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post

Saying the two best offensive players in the series belong to Miami isn't being a homer. Sure, I want Miami to win, but it's a fairly difficult argument to put Rose above Lebron or Wade no matter who you are rooting for.

The biggest problem on the forum is that everyone works backwards when it comes to reaching conclusions about games. What I mean by that is people pick who they think will win, THEN go looking for facts to back up their opinions. Any logical personw ould weigh the facts and evidence first to help in reaching a conclusion. From the writeups I read here daily I know they isn't the case with 95% of you.
    Maybe, but have you ever posted anything that doesn't suck LBJ's rooster, and then go missing when he isn't hitting match winners etc?

BTW I think Heat will the series too

Tallcash21
    Tallcash21's Avatar Become A Pro!

You still havent realized that a lot of people know something you dont. Deng and Bogans are legitimate defenders and will do good jobs on them Lebron and Wade individually. NO THEY WILL NOT STOP THEM. But they are good enough defenders to control them within the Bulls defensive scheme since the Bulls have shot blockers and people to help on the perimeter in Rose or Brewer or Noah etc. Another point is Derrick has evolved this year into something no one has ever seen before. (yes a lot of intelligent professional basketball people say this) He has the athleticsm and strength to go at the rim with Lebron and definitely Wade, hes got Iverson type moves and quickness with the ability to finish any floater or runner or even jus dunk on Bosh or Anthony. He has dunked on bigger and blocked bigger players shots. You also cant sag off him anymore because of how much work he has put into his jumper and 3 ball. And if you chase him and too many people rotate he finds the open guy and you cant recover. I have loved Lebron since his Jr year of high school...dont like him as much but KNOW how good he is and I for one never thought Id say this but the 7 years he spent in Cleve didnt close the window for him by any means, but it allowed players to come into the league and be on his level if not surpass him because Rose has been with this core for 3 years. The big 2 and a quarter are still learning and need a couple better pieces to compliment their style.

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post

Maybe, but have you ever posted anything that doesn't suck LBJ's rooster, and then go missing when he isn't hitting match winners etc?

BTW I think Heat will the series too
    Yup, I'm a Lebron fan, sue me. I love the way he impacts a game in more aspects than any other player in the league.

That being said, I do try to give unbiased opinions which I reach through evidence, not through biased leaps of faith which I then support with selective evidence.

I think this series will be closer than both sides expect, but I'd take Miami in 6. The Celtics were a much better warm-up series than the Hawks and I think games 4 and 5 helped Lebron get a monkey off of his back a little bit.

TheThreeKings

Quote Originally Posted by Tallcash21 View Post
    You still havent realized that a lot of people know something you dont. Deng and Bogans are legitimate defenders and will do good jobs on them Lebron and Wade individually. NO THEY WILL NOT STOP THEM. But they are good enough defenders to control them within the Bulls defensive scheme since the Bulls have shot blockers and people to help on the perimeter in Rose or Brewer or Noah etc. Another point is Derrick has evolved this year into something no one has ever seen before. (yes a lot of intelligent professional basketball people say this) He has the athleticsm and strength to go at the rim with Lebron and definitely Wade, hes got Iverson type moves and quickness with the ability to finish any floater or runner or even jus dunk on Bosh or Anthony. He has dunked on bigger and blocked bigger players shots. You also cant sag off him anymore because of how much work he has put into his jumper and 3 ball. And if you chase him and too many people rotate he finds the open guy and you cant recover. I have loved Lebron since his Jr year of high school...dont like him as much but KNOW how good he is and I for one never thought Id say this but the 7 years he spent in Cleve didnt close the window for him by any means, but it allowed players to come into the league and be on his level if not surpass him because Rose has been with this core for 3 years. The big 2 and a quarter are still learning and need a couple better pieces to compliment their style.
    You don't understand: being a "legitimate" defender is not enough against Wade and Lebron. By that logic Mario Chalmers is also a legitimate defender, so should we stop talking about who will guard him?

Also, why hasn't anyone yet mentioned that the Heat are the best pick and roll defensive team in the league?

Tallcash21

Sorry man but Chalmers isnt a legit defender Rose has made him look like Calderon repeatedly and you can see theres nothin he can really do whats Rose gets goin. Deng got snubbed this year for All Defense and alot of people in the league talked about that. Bogans is our most physical defender and is probably stronger than Wade when they get body to body and trust me Bogans will be in his body and physical. That will be more than enough when you have good team defense and big shot blockers at the rim waiting on the two greatest finishers ever. Thats another big problem, theyve been SOOOOO GRREAT for so long now they aint sneakin up on anyone. The Bulls will have ALL bigger guys than the Cs in the paint and almost everyone on our team can go above the rim with them and challenge. No one on the Cs even challenged a shot above the rim. There will be harder fouls...Wade might get banged up cuz out of everyone in this series he is more proned to it. And lastly how can the Heat beat the leagues best pick and roll defense if they have NO SHOT BLOCKERS????

TheThreeKings

Sorry man but Chalmers isnt a legit defender Rose has made him look like Calderon repeatedly and you can see theres nothin he can really do whats Rose gets goin. Deng got snubbed this year for All Defense and alot of people in the league talked about that. Bogans is our most physical defender and is probably stronger than Wade when they get body to body and trust me Bogans will be in his body and physical. That will be more than enough when you have good team defense and big shot blockers at the rim waiting on the two greatest finishers ever. Thats another big problem, theyve been SOOOOO GRREAT for so long now they aint sneakin up on anyone. The Bulls will have ALL bigger guys than the Cs in the paint and almost everyone on our team can go above the rim with them and challenge. No one on the Cs even challenged a shot above the rim. There will be harder fouls...Wade might get banged up cuz out of everyone in this series he is more proned to it. And lastly how can the Heat beat the leagues best pick and roll defense if they have NO SHOT BLOCKERS????
    Oh wow. That's just special right there.

The Heat have 4 players averaging over a block a game in the playoffs, the Bulls Have only 2. Wade and Lebron are perhaps the best shot-blocking wing players in the league.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    enough of this. Just read the write up I did. This forum is full of sports bettors, not basketball viewers. Let them draw their conclusions from the regular season. This series won't even be close.. I make unbiased decisions thats why I called the Lakers winning the last 2 championships and Miami winning this year
    Your write up is a bunch of fluff.
    As you said, we're all gamblers here, and you're 1 for your last 25.
    I personally dont care if you watched every minute of every game all year, you cant pick a winner to save your life.
    I'm sick of hearing you preach about the heat all day and how you're smarter than everyone else.
    You're buried guy. Nobody cares if you picked the Heat before the season, its not like you went out on a limb.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeKings View Post
    How come all the talk has about who can guard Rose? Doesn't anyone realize that the best two offensive players in this series will be wearing Heat jerseys? Who's going to stop them?
    This argument is just as ridiculous as any about Rose. Rose, Wade, and Lebron will score a lot in this series, and collectively Wade/Lebron will score have a bigger impact on the series than Rose. This is not an insightful conclusion, and should not be news to anyone. Good defense will limit them in some situations and in others, they'll make big plays when the opposing team could not have guarded them better. There's really not a lot of uncertainty with these three and they shouldn't be the focus of a discussion on who will win the series. The games are not going to be played 2 on 1.

Tallcash21

Those are perimeter shot blockers...they get their shot blocks on transition and on weak side help thats easier to avoid than real shot blockers that are always in the paint and always at the rim. Lebron and Wade will be out on the 3 point line hedging and showing on the screens that Rose and Luol are coming of off....

TheThreeKings

Those are perimeter shot blockers...they get their shot blocks on transition and on weak side help thats easier to avoid than real shot blockers that are always in the paint and always at the rim. Lebron and Wade will be out on the 3 point line hedging and showing on the screens that Rose and Luol are coming of off....
    Both Wade and Lebron get plenty of blocks at the rim, as do Anthony and Bosh. I believe the Heat allowed the lowest FG% within 5-feet this year, trying to find the stat right now though to be sure.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    enough of this. Just read the write up I did.

This forum is full of sports bettors, not basketball viewers. Let them draw their conclusions from the regular season. This series won't even be close..

I make unbiased decisions thats why I called the Lakers winning the last 2 championships and Miami winning this year
    The right up where you say that was going to be your last play of 2011? I read it, but it didn't actually give one reason why the Heat would win...