Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

What's not to like, Bulls + 170 for series ?

Yeah,first post. Have to start sometime. Big Bulls fan, but who’s not interested in making money? We bet to win, or at least I hope so. I already have my bets in on the series and game 1. Will watch the lines. Maybe nibble some more on each if they move in my favor. Can understand being a Heat fan, but curious what value you see in laying 2 to 1 odds to win series? Anyone not a Heat fan excited about laying two to one on series? Can you argue that I’m “off base “ with my comments below?
    Some thoughts on why I like the Bulls Series ML + 170
    Bulls ML -125, first game , – 1 ½
    Books see Bulls as slight favorite for first game , but Miami is -200 for the series?
    If Heat lose game 1, need 4 out of 6.
    Mad House at Madison? Yep, Bulls dropped 6 all season, including playoffs at home. Will the Heat beat the Bulls 3 times in Chicago? Maybe two and sweep in Miami?
    Bulls won more season games than any other team this year. Coach “T” Coach of the year. He’s “All In” every game and will have a superior game plan and the full teams attention and respect. Are you really sure what’s going on in the Heats locker room with the game plan? I wonder if “The King , or others might think or start to think , that they have some better ideas?
    Heat are going to throw Rose off his game. Might give you a game, but a series? If I had a nickel for every time I heard this during the season, well, I’d be rich and Rose wouldn’t be MVP.
    Bench = Bulls. Can you argue otherwise? Like the chemistry, defense and all the players accepting their roles and executing. Coach T does great job subbing and holds some nice cards.
    Yes, Lebron could “go off” and have a huge impact. I’ll take my chances with one of the top TEAM defenses, rather than hoping one or two guys “go off”. Deng could frustrate Lebron. He’s long and lanky and has “quick feet".
    Bottom line, they have to play the game. Bulls 3-0 , but all games were close and could have come down to last shot(s). It’s the playoffs, but reg. season performance and success can’t be easily dismissed.
    Finally, ask yourself this. Over the years, how many times have you lost money going against a team that is undefeated against an opponent, has home advantage, a great defense and a great defensive minded coach? + 170 series line seems like a good value to me.
    With that in mind, I plan to put 1/3 of my series money on the Bulls + 170. I’ll bet the individual games where I see value. Nobody is sweeping this and it should be a great series. Tough to cap and some games will come down to a zebra or final shot. That’s the way it goes. You have all game to make sure you’re not in that position. I’m also on the Bulls in the first game at home laying less than a basket (-1 ½) Going to be a great ECF.

tat1980
    tat1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

I think Boozer starts to show why the Bulls paid him so much in this series.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm rooting for the Bulls, but I don't think they have enough scorers to beat the Heat in a 7 game series. In key/clutch situations, the Heat just have too many play makers (maybe the top 2 in the entire world).

Also, think about who the NBA execs really want to see in the finals.

I think they have a chance, but the price is right here. Heat will probably win in 6.

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heat are real good right now, they blazed through playoffs as opposed to bulls which had many closer games against Pacers and trouble against the hawks.

It will be a tough series but I really don't see a bias for one team or another its really a coin flip it should go 6-7 games

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Heat offense is all iso from their two big stars, Bulls defense feeds off of iso offense.

I don't see how Thibs can be out-coached here, all the Heat do is iso for Wade and James or drive and kick to shooters, it's not THAT hard to defend...

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

bulls in 7....like the odds as well.