jerseykai
    jerseykai's Avatar Become A Pro!

october 11, phoenix at -1.5 to beat denver nuggets without allen iverson and amare

Straight Wager 10/11/08 16:14 ET
    bet 536.50 to win 357.67 Result: Pending

Nuggets(Denver)(N)
    Suns(Phoenix)(N) 10/11/08(22:10 ET)
    Suns(Phoenix)(N) -1.5 (-150)
    Bought 2.0 point(s)

this is what i have money on today, the phoenix suns to beat the denver nuggets at indian wells -1.5 phoenix suns.

allen iverson will not play for denver in this game.
    amare stoudamire is out for phoenix for 2 weeks.
    the majority of denver's points will come from josh smith, carmello anthony-if he plays, he has a finger contusion, and kenyon martin-if he plays, he also has tendonitus in his knee.

phoenix will have strong paint coverage with almundson shaq and lopez covering the paint. denver will not be able to penetrate the paint , so they will shoot mostly jumpshots. phoenix on the other hand will pound the ball to their bigs on the inside and look for the 3 pointer.

nene, denver's center, will not be able to handle shaq or almundson, so look for a lot of freethrow shots from phoenix and, look for shaq to miss 50% of them. i assume raja bell will be marking jr smith, nene will be marking shaq, anthony carter will be marking nash, lineas kleiza will be marking either grant hill or matt barnes.

i expect barnes to contribute on the rebounding end, and i expcect for him to make some open jumpers, lineas kleiza is certainly not as mobile.

phoenix have a very deep bench this season, the nuggets lost their only inside presence when they sold marcus camby in the offseason.

i bought points on this because it is better to be safe than sorry, even with allen iverson not playing, this team is still a fairly productive team with jr,anthony and martin scoring the bulk of their points.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Im pretty much on the same thought track, except I took the Suns -1.5 1st half -115. Why did you buy (2) points down to -1.5 Suns -150, when the Suns money line is only -155 to 160? Good luck anyways.

later

so-classy#23
    so-classy#23's Avatar Become A Pro!

all that analysis and for nothing...should have taken the dogs as phoenix had played like 3 games in 4 days...UNDER was the real play at an easy win with the outside elements playing a role

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

There you go agian bud buying points and laying heavy juice... This will only lead to a neg year.