JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Line movement on Miami games can be extremely deceptive though. Same with LA and a couple other teams. They have such a massive base of bettors that sometimes the money coming in is large, but not necessarily smart. Plus, I suspect there are a lot of Heat backers hedging out of their -7/ML-360 plays right now.
    It seemed to me like this was a series where people were soundly on one side or the other and I think NC made a thread referencing a similar point in regards to game 3. Basically I'm saying the Heat backers mostly relied on the hope old Boston would fade in the 2nd half of critical games and people on the Celts side refused to believe their veteran squad would let Miami take them down without going 6-7 games. I don't post a lot nor do I risk/make big $ at this but it just seemed to me like a case where line movement was irrelevant.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    It seemed to me like this was a series where people were soundly on one side or the other and I think NC made a thread referencing a similar point in regards to game 3. Basically I'm saying the Heat backers mostly relied on the hope old Boston would fade in the 2nd half of critical games and people on the Celts side refused to believe their veteran squad would let Miami take them down without going 6-7 games. I don't post a lot nor do I risk/make big $ at this but it just seemed to me like a case where line movement was irrelevant.
    Pretty much. The initial placement of the lines for Games 4 & 5 exposed the opinions of the books as to what was going to happen. The playoffs in general typically have less significant line movement as the betting masses polarize more than they do in the regular season and the lines tend to be a lot sharper with higher limits and more total money on the table.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

First 12