hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Celtics/Heat Game 5 In-Game Thread

celts have 3 turnovers in first 3 minutes lol... other than the turnovers they've looked decent... have to protect the ball though or not going to last in the series...

hockey216

gotta take pierce out... 2 quick ones can't pick up his 3rd in the 1st qtr

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bosh trying to drive past KG is a mistake. He's going to lose that matchup 3 times out of 4. Especially with KG playing with such high intensity today. The Heat have to push to score in transition today as the Boston halfcourt defense will be tight today.

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Lets Go celtics

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

why aren't heat forcing rondo left? i'd try it until he beats me with it.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Bosh trying to drive past KG is a mistake. He's going to lose that matchup 3 times out of 4. Especially with KG playing with such high intensity today. The Heat have to push to score in transition today as the Boston halfcourt defense will be tight today.

i agree that he'll lose that matchup most of the time, but part ofit might be to get kevin to pick up some fouls. he's taken over the game offensively for the celtics so far. maybe if they can get him in foul trouble it could change outlook of game. pierce already on the bench in foul trouble... if garnett and pierce both out in foul trouble celtics will have their work cut out for them tonight.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    i agree that he'll lose that matchup most of the time, but part ofit might be to get kevin to pick up some fouls. he's taken over the game offensively for the celtics so far. maybe if they can get him in foul trouble it could change outlook of game. pierce already on the bench in foul trouble... if garnett and pierce both out in foul trouble celtics will have their work cut out for them tonight.
    The Heat won Game 4 by making the Celtics and their short bench run a lot. Foul trouble definitely helps.

hockey216

wow kristic is in for celts? Now we're really f*ked.

suicidekings
    Update your status

wow kristic is in for celts? Now we're really f*ked.
    When Krstic gets decent minutes he plays well. He's not well suited to coming off the bench, and big minutes for him in the 1H (if he can be effective) dramatically improves Boston's chances today in the 2H.

suicidekings
    Update your status

If someone other than Lebron/Wade doesn't make some shots for Miami in the 1H, the Heat are going to be in trouble. Not to say that they won't turn it around, but this is exactly why I don't like the Heat as a team. The heavy reliance on LBJ/Wade and to a lesser extent on Bosh can lead to colossal failures at times because while the rest of their team is solid defensively, none of them can really be relied on to consistently perform offensively. All a product of not getting enough touches on a regular basis. No amount of preparation off the court can prepare you for high pressure shooting in a playoff game against a strong defensive team.

hockey216

When Krstic gets decent minutes he plays well. He's not well suited to coming off the bench, and big minutes for him in the 1H (if he can be effective) dramatically improves Boston's chances today in the 2H.

possibly. but he is not that good defensively. misses a lot of rotations. celtics need to get jermaine oneal back. back injury could be key. if he's out for most of the game that would really hurt celts, especially with shaq out. kristic had some good games right after he joined celts but then he looked terrible for the rest of the season. because hes coming off the bench? maybe, but what you gonna do, start him, lol? i dont see why a player would lose his talent just because hes coming off the bench. confidence thing? celtics need jermaine oneal back in the game.

suicidekings
    Update your status

I definitely missed the cutoff for laying money on the Wade O24.5 prop today. Realized in 30 seconds into the game.

hockey216

nice jermaine is back in the game. went to lockerroom briefly with back injury. not sure what to expect from rondo.

suicidekings
    Update your status

possibly. but he is not that good defensively. misses a lot of rotations. celtics need to get jermaine oneal back. back injury could be key. if he's out for most of the game that would really hurt celts, especially with shaq out. kristic had some good games right after he joined celts but then he looked terrible for the rest of the season. because hes coming off the bench? maybe, but what you gonna do, start him, lol? i dont see why a player would lose his talent just because hes coming off the bench. confidence thing? celtics need jermaine oneal back in the game.
    JO is definitely the stronger option but they need him to have 2 or less fouls going into the 4Q because he will be tested in the paint late in the game. As long as the Celtics can keep pressure on the Heat early, there's no reason not to take advantage of Krstic being in the game and saving JO for later

hockey216

JO is definitely the stronger option but they need him to have 2 or less fouls going into the 4Q because he will be tested in the paint late in the game. As long as the Celtics can keep pressure on the Heat early, there's no reason not to take advantage of Krstic being in the game and saving JO for later

i agree, as long as Kristic is playing decent defense. if he starts looking clueless and missing rotations like i've seen at points in the regular season i'd take him out. all comes down to how he's playing defensively.. on another note a call finally goes the celtics way.. garnet lucky not to get a tech/flagrant on that. glad the 3 by ray counted.

camel
    camel's Avatar Become A Pro!

god dammit... slow the game down... i have the unders.

trading baskets at the moment