forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

D Mavs Fans - which team would you rather have them face for WC Finals?

Oklahama City, with these fast-running young punks who have two or so superstar shooters (and not just one like Dirk) that can close out games like anything. Minded, their defense is a little spotty and all, but they got some tall bodies to protect the balls from where they do or do not need to go. No?

Or this scrappy-ass team from the south, Memphis, you know, where Elvis was from. I couldn't give a damn about the south, or Atlanta. Only Dallas (Cuz I lived there for a few years, and it's not considered the south, per say), and so that's why I have backed this surging team of total symmetry and teamwork in effect since early in the season. I noticed back in December this team was different from the last few seasons.

And would it be better for Dallas to have to face Memphis and these tough, scrappy underdogs who are just fighting to prove something and to play hard? Or maybe the Thunder? A little more "classy" team, if there is a word to use, but still a potential threat with the gunslingers in Westbrook and Durant.

Which would be easier for the Mavs to contend with? Given that yes, they are a little on in years some of the guys in the squad, but also the style of ball and the matches in defense especially. Dallas D is pretty damn good of late and it shut down the Lakers for sure.

I'm just curious (of course for future beating series coming up!) but also just wanting to know what you all think about better match-ups for the Mavs for the third round.

I would prefer they meet Memphis. I think the guys are even less experienced than the Thunder are. This lack of experience will be their downfall if they make it past the Thunder. Either way, Dallas is going to have to just keep getting everyone the ball on the team and lettin each guy have his night poppin shots for the game at hand. Has worked so far. Dallas bench is so solid it scares me, compared to other teams secondaries. I'd take D bench any day.

Ok, my thoughts. Who will be a better, if not easier match-up against the Mavs?
    Last edited by forzuto13; 05-11-11 at 01:33 AM.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Memphis beat Dallas 2/3 this season, OKC lost 2/3 times to Dallas. So how does Memphis match up better if they get through?

Memphis is a downright dangerous team, the same reasoning you are making against them so many people made in the Spurs series. The bottom line is Dallas fans shouldn't care, the concern should be Chicago at this point IMO.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

Doesn't matter both will be defeated.

The Diggler is on a mission and will show no mercy.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I honestly would rather face OKC in a 7 game series. They are so unorganized in clutch situations. They don't move the ball well, and it's obvious what they will do every time (go to Durant or Westbrook). I would expect a lot of those games to be close, and I think the Mavs have a huge advantage in close game situations. I also think Memphis matches up better overall with the Mavs.

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

id wanna play memphis...the gas will run out soon enough

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

OKC because of the season series, it means something i believe

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    I honestly would rather face OKC in a 7 game series. They are so unorganized in clutch situations. They don't move the ball well, and it's obvious what they will do every time (go to Durant or Westbrook). I would expect a lot of those games to be close, and I think the Mavs have a huge advantage in close game situations. I also think Memphis matches up better overall with the Mavs.
    Exactly. OKC was terrible in the 4Q against Dallas this year.

forzuto13

Yeah, Shogun, you're right. Then Dallas would just put a bunch of guys on either Westbrook or Durant. I'd like to see Okl City too just since I had some future bets for them to beat Memphis. I'm scared of Memphis either way. I mean they just kept hitting right back during those OT games and would not go down. I don't know about the regular season games since I didn't watch the Memphis/Dallas games but this Memphis team is hungry and tough. So I guess Okl City would be better for the Mavs at this point. I would love for Dirk and Jason to finally get themselves a ring!

dude_bg
    dude_bg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Thunder is better matchup for Mavs, there are only two real threats on their team. Furthermore Dirk will not have big troubles guarding Ibaka as he is not that of offensive force. If they face Z-Bo Dirk will have problems with his soft frame.

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they would rather play the Grizz.

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18831

I rather play OKC. Memphis has better rebounding and post players.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

I am thing the Grizz be a better matchup.

Chandler- will be able stop Randolph

Gasol- Nowitski- forget about it, Diggler will have a field day.

Conley- Kidd....Conley has youth and speed so this will be a great matchup

Young- Terry/Stephenson Stephenson has the edge defensively

Allen- Marion- Tough matchup for marion, but does have the size

Dallas matchups favor themselves vs Grizz, I believe OKC will give the Mavs fits, Westbrook will run all day on Kidd, and who guards Durant, bad matchups.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

You can say Westbrook will run all day on Kidd, but Westbrook's numbers against Dallas are pitiful. He was 14-44 (32%, 43 points) this year, and he's just 64-178 (37%) the last three years, for a total of 180 points, or 1.01 points per shot. His average for the regular season this year was 1.29.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    I am thing the Grizz be a better matchup.

Chandler- will be able stop Randolph

Gasol- Nowitski- forget about it, Diggler will have a field day.

Conley- Kidd....Conley has youth and speed so this will be a great matchup

Young- Terry/Stephenson Stephenson has the edge defensively

Allen- Marion- Tough matchup for marion, but does have the size

Dallas matchups favor themselves vs Grizz, I believe OKC will give the Mavs fits, Westbrook will run all day on Kidd, and who guards Durant, bad matchups.
    Kidd is one of the best defenders in the league especially for a PG. Did you not see him shut down Kobe multiple times in clutch situations in the Laker series. Dallas matches up much better against OKC in my opinion. Everyone in Dallas is scared of the Grizzlies not so much OKC.

forzuto13

So the way the game in Okl City went tonight I have to lean the Mavs might very well be playing the Thunder. I feel comfortable with this. I feel that the Grizz would have been too dirty and tough for a mostly shooting team. Even with Chandler totally having stepped up his game inside and all, I still think Memphis would have been a beast for Dallas.

I'm predicting Mavs take the series in five games. Six max. Take your pick and put in on the series bets. Both even if it's profitible...