BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Rose and Westbrook

I don't see why everyone is on Westbrook's case, he does the SAME things as D-rose. Quick, gets to the line, has a decent mid range jumper. He turns it over TOO much and takes bad shots. However, he is a great young player.

Why does Durant not have the ball?
    A. Because he doesn't WANT the ball. I did not once see Durant come and demand the basketball. Westbrook did what he had to do. He is the only reason the Thunder won this game.

In my opinion, there is no gap b/w Westbrook and Rose.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I agree....I think D. Rose has a slight edge but not by much.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I don't see why everyone is on Westbrook's case, he does the SAME things as D-rose. Quick, gets to the line, has a decent mid range jumper. He turns it over TOO much and takes bad shots. However, he is a great young player.

Why does Durant not have the ball?
    A. Because he doesn't WANT the ball. I did not once see Durant come and demand the basketball. Westbrook did what he had to do. He is the only reason the Thunder won this game.

In my opinion, there is no gap b/w Westbrook and Rose.
    I agree I just posted this in a thread I made, a star has to demand the ball, Durant doesnt seem to have that personality.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Id take D. Rose over Westbrook though, Westbrook is more naturally gifted, but his problem is more mental than physical.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    I agree I just posted this in a thread I made, a star has to demand the ball, Durant doesnt seem to have that personality.
    Exactly. Westbrook wanted it, despite being 0 for 3 on last second shots, he had a lot of HUGE and ones.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Westbrook > DRose...

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

The argument is that D-rose is the best scorer and player on his team, Westbrook plays with Durant, the feeling is that he needs to get more touches.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The difference is d.rose will make history and westbrook will be just another good pg in the game..

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Put Westbrook on the Bulls, he doesnt get MVP.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Ive been a big critic of RW this series but he can tonight. Kid was fantastic.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

The deal with Westbrook is that he's fairly new in the game of being clutches.

Last seconds of the game and he has the ball, I already know that he is going to try something and I already know that he has a 50/50 chances of making something happen. He is not clutch and he makes my heart hurt when it seems like he's trying too much.

Once you put the clutch title on him, he then has the license to hog and shoot all he wants. Rose has that license to shoot and so is Kobe and Wade and James and Dirk and Kidd.

West just needs to do more to earn such licenses. Right now, he's working his way up there.

The thing with being a ball hog is only good when your team wins and you make more shots when you hog than making bricks. It is only when you brick by being a hogger and loses that everyone gets on your case. Tonight's game, they won so durant and no one else is complaining much. Had they loses, I'm sure someone will fight and yell in that locker room.

Funny how Memphis feared Westbrook instead of fearing Durant. It should be the other way around. Fear Jordan, not Pippin.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Rose can shoot the ball A LOT better than Westbrook can.